Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

Is the Q-Anon Shaman appealing his own guilty plea and 41-month prison sentence in US Capitol riot?

We could find out MONDAY. Court sets 2pm hearing for Jacob Chansley and the two men "purporting" to be his attorney. Prior attorney and new attorney?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Oath Keeper James Beeks hearing:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
filly

Post by filly »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:18 am Oath Keeper James Beeks hearing:

Judge Beryl Howell. She’s had enough. I wish these Tweeters would at least give the Judy’s initials!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

California insurrectionists indicted for conspiracy
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"'QAnon Shaman' Recently Sentenced to Prison Now Has a New Lawyer, May Claim Ineffective Assistance of Counsel on Appeal"

ICYMI,
@MarisaRSarnoff
reports on the hearing sorting out the recent shake-up inside Jacob Chansley's legal team https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... on-appeal/ via
@lawcrimenews
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:02 pm
"'QAnon Shaman' Recently Sentenced to Prison Now Has a New Lawyer, May Claim Ineffective Assistance of Counsel on Appeal"

ICYMI,
@MarisaRSarnoff
reports on the hearing sorting out the recent shake-up inside Jacob Chansley's legal team https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... on-appeal/ via
@lawcrimenews
Chansley's now former lawyer said he's super intelligent, almost a savant. Our standards for intelligence have degenerated that much, eh?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm sorry, but didn't I havd to suffer through several minutes of reading about this guy impassioned and remorseful speech at his sentencing, and how sorry he was, knew he was wrong and hopes to ....blah?

Give him another trial, and when he's convicted again, give him another 12 months or so. What is up with these people who plead guilty, cr4y for the Judge to get the under guidelines sentence and if you don't like it, start over again and say you were being coerced by the evil and stupid lawyers?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And… there it is. As expected, the so-called QAnon Shaman, Jacob Chansley, is appealing. Two weeks after being sentenced to 41 months in prison.

(3rd mid-level Jan 6 defendant to consider or to file appeal post-sentencing)
bob

Post by bob »

Politico: Judge lets actor charged in Jan. 6 riot head home despite ‘gobbledygook’ at hearing:
Actor James Beeks is cleared to drive to Florida, but complains the FBI took his car keys, cash, silver and gold.

A judge is allowing a Broadway actor arrested for his alleged walk-on role in the Capitol riot to remain free on pretrial release, despite his bizarre claims to be beyond the jurisdiction of the court.

At a contentious hearing held via videoconference Monday, James Beeks — a Michael Jackson impersonator who starred as Judas in a traveling “Jesus Christ Superstar” company until his arrest last week — narrowly escaped being jailed after a tense exchange with Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C.

“I am an American standing under public law and I am here by special divine appearance,” Beeks told Howell.

Beeks, whose cast bio was removed from his theater company’s website over the weekend, initially refused to accept assistance from the two public defenders on the line, but he also demurred when Howell asked if he wished to represent himself.

“I cannot represent myself because I am myself,” he said. “I reserve all rights at all times and waive none, ever.”

Howell snapped back at Beeks, declaring his statements unintelligible.

“That’s all gobbledygook. I have no idea what you’re saying,” the judge said.

During the hearing Monday, Howell said that two affidavits Beeks attempted to submit to the court suggested he subscribed to a “sovereign citizen” theory that rejects government authority. But that description clearly irritated Beeks.

“I’m not a sovereign citizen. There’s no such thing. That’s an oxymoron and it’s even an insult,” the actor declared.

Beeks’ comments frustrated Howell, who indicated she couldn’t release a defendant who refused to submit to legal authorities.

“A defendant who objects to jurisdiction of the court rejects being subject to the laws of the United States, who objects to the rule of law, is typically not released pretrial,” Howell said following Beeks’ rant.

The exchange also caught Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler off guard. Nestler said that given the revelation, and Beeks’ refusal to submit to court authority, he would request Beeks’ pretrial detention even though prosecutors did not ask that he be detained when he was arrested last week in Milwaukee.

But one of the public defenders, Washington, D.C.-based Michelle Peterson, huddled privately with Beeks on Monday and convinced him to agree to strict terms of pretrial release that include GPS monitoring and a curfew.

Howell briefly puzzled over how to ensure that Beeks would travel from Wisconsin to his home in Gotha, Fla., in order to check in with the court there. Beeks said he planned to drive as soon as the FBI returned his car keys, cash and “gold and silver” seized from him at the time of his arrest.

The judge ordered the FBI to return Beeks’ car keys by noon on Monday to facilitate his trip home. Whether he will get his gold and silver back anytime soon remains unclear, but Peterson said she didn’t see how they could properly be subject to seizure “in a case like this.”
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

US Capitol breach defendant Rasha Abual of New Jersey asks court to delay her two-month home confinement sentence until 2022... in part so she can "handle her holiday obligations" with family
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

“I’m not a sovereign citizen. There’s no such thing. That’s an oxymoron and it’s even an insult,” the actor declared.
This is how to tell he is a sovcit. It's like when the conspiracy theorists try to parse out what "conspiracy theory" means
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lock 'em all up! :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:39 pm
US Capitol breach defendant Rasha Abual of New Jersey asks court to delay her two-month home confinement sentence until 2022... in part so she can "handle her holiday obligations" with family
Tell me you're white without telling me you're white.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:56 pm
This is why I miss Fogbow 1.0. We talked about Jonathon Mosley, but I can’t remember what the deal was. All I can remember about him is his virtual office was 2 blocks from my house.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:56 pm
That was written by an attorney? With an actual BAR license? :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:46 pmThis is why I miss Fogbow 1.0. We talked about Jonathon Mosley, but I can’t remember what the deal was.
The main point was he was Klayman's sometimes associate, i.e., he occasionally wrote stuff for Klayman. I too can't remember the details (like for which cases), but the takeaway was he willingly lent Klayman a hand, as if that was a good career move.

I believe Mosley started working for Klayman for stuff involving Arpaio and Montgomery. Mosley was brought in because Klayman "realized" that Arpaio and Montgomery potentially had adverse interests in Seattle caper, and that Mosley would somehow be able to represent Arpaio.

To recap: Mosley filed a PHV application to represent Montgomery in his attempt to nudge into the Seattle caper. The judge said no, noting Mosley was part of an Arpaio case (that really was a vehicle for Klayman to serially sue Obama). The 9th affirmed the district court's denial of Mosley's (and Klayman's) PHV applications because they both had conflicts of interests (because they had represented Arpaio and now were seeking to represent someone (Montgomery) who had interests adverse to Arpaio's).

Klayman (and Mosley) also (too) attempted the double reverse and sought to disqualify the ACLU from the case because Montgomery had once glanced in the general direction of the ACLU. The judge, unsurprisingly, did not bite.

And I also recall, when Klayman first found him, Mosley appeared to be a real-estate agent with a law license, and not a practicing attorney. But it looks as if Mosley too has tapped into the right-wing grift.
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pmThat was written by an attorney? With an actual BAR license?
Yup. But Larry Klayman, Rudy Guiliani, Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis, KrisAnne Hall, Kayleigh McEnany, etc. all have/had law licenses.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Y'know, if these people can get photos of Ilhan Omar holding a gun four years before she was even born, they could potentially do anything! I'm a little scairt!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
much ado

Post by much ado »

I thought they liked guns.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Well a lot of 'em do believe in time traveling lizard people...
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:39 pm
Tell me you're white without telling me you're white.
She’s from Lebanon (much to the chagrin of my Lebanese friends).
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:46 pmThis is why I miss Fogbow 1.0. We talked about Jonathon Mosley, but I can’t remember what the deal was.
The main point was he was Klayman's sometimes associate, i.e., he occasionally wrote stuff for Klayman. I too can't remember the details (like for which cases), but the takeaway was he willingly lent Klayman a hand, as if that was a good career move.
I believe Mosley started working for Klayman for stuff involving Arpaio and Montgomery. Mosley was brought in because Klayman "realized" that Arpaio and Montgomery potentially had adverse interests in Seattle caper, and that Mosley would somehow be able to represent Arpaio.
Klayman uses Moseley sometimes when he knows he cannot be admitted (or for DC is suspended). I would not be surprised if GIL's hand was in part of that filing.
101010 :towel:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm :snippity:
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pmThat was written by an attorney? With an actual BAR license?
Yup. But Larry Klayman, Rudy Guiliani, Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis, KrisAnne Hall, Kayleigh McEnany, etc. all have/had law licenses.
The fact the idiot we're discussing was involved with GIL says all I need to know...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

much ado wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:56 pm I thought they liked guns.
In the hands of the right white people, they do.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

DENIED

Judge rejects request from US Capitol breach defendant to delay home confinement until after the holidays with family
:violin:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”