Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃

Uninformed

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃

Post by Uninformed »

The correct topic?

Jon Sopel; “The America I give thanks for (as I depart)”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59395804
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Some Thanksgiving party games.
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

You know the gravy is going to be good when the juice from the turkey you roasted yesterday has become aspic over night in the fridge.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Today's ear worm thanks to Hubby. We greet you from Tutu's (Hubby's mom) house where Hubby is cooking and HAPPY to do it. We are expecting both sons and their ladies plus a puppy The Kid found and Nemo, our first granddog. Pancake and Mickey are here as are the grandgurlzz.

Too, also we are expecting Tutu's oldest granddaughter who is the ONLY one of Hubby's brother's side of the family who has done anything to care for Tutu since she has been disabled by her breast cancer. (That's the fundamentalist "Christian" side of the family.) (Tutu is the daughter of a Methodist minister and the sister of two Methodist ministers.). She is bringing her teenage sons as well.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Happy Thanksgiving from the relative civilization of Metro West (Boston)! I'm lounging on a gravity chair watching my sister make the cheese souffle and my brother in law worry about the Turkey. Next Gen and millennials to arrive shortly for song and games. Ahhhhhh!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Happy Thanksgiving Fogbowzers. :bighug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m already looking forward to the leftovers :lol: I might even have some “leftovers” for breakfast. My choice? Toasted panettone with cream cheese and cranberry orange sauce.
tek

Post by tek »

Baked eggs in stuffing cups!
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Our tradition for the past few years has been to pick up Thanksgiving dinner from the local Indian restaurant (!), which prepares a tandoori turkey with basmati rice stuffing and cranberry chutney. (We add a couple of optional side dishes-- curried cauliflower and chick peas.)
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

One of my friends, a pilot with Delta, put up this link on her FB page.

It was done by one of her friends, a fellow pilot.. There's some 'insider' jokes, but I think most of us can figure it out.

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Thank you for the very funny videos, TiredRetired and Azastan!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I hope everyone is having a nice day wherever you are! :bighug:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Welp, its Brazilian BBQ with fixings today. Which means Picanha and stuff. Turkey is awful. I don't eat dark meat because the the grease fat -- and the white meat is so dry it needs slathered in gravy to be edible.

Have fun kids.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:03 pm Welp, its Brazilian BBQ with fixings today. Which means Picanha and stuff. Turkey is awful. I don't eat dark meat because the the grease fat -- and the white meat is so dry it needs slathered in gravy to be edible.

Have fun kids.
My wife and I were once in Brazil on Thanksgiving (she was there on business). We were staying at some US hotel chain (Sheraton? Hilton?) and they had two dining rooms open-- one serving US-style Thanksgiving dinner, the other churascaria (Brazilian mixed grill). We went for the churascaria, although I did take some turkey as part of my mixed grill plate. Fun fact: in Brazil, turkey is called "peru."
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

My bird has been adjudged, the verdict was juicy and perfectly cooked. :biggrin:

Ol' Wifehorn presented a deplorable delectable assortment of side dishes. :lovestruck:

I was very, very good - small slice of turkey, tiny amount of dressing, no mashed potatoes, and a generous amount of delicious green bean casserole.

I hate being good, but ... turning 69 two weeks from Monday. Ya gotta be good. :mad:

Now entering food coma in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:33 pm Ol' Wifehorn presented a deplorable delectable assortment of side dishes. :lovestruck:
The trump voter didn't show up?
Largo al factotum.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My favorite thing about cooking in T-Day is when all is done and we haven't killed each other, I make the pot pies. I use the vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans), make additional gravy (secret) and chop up the leftover turkey. And since I'm usually in a coma, these years I use roll-out pie dough.

I would prefer the small pot pie disposable foil pans but I haven't found them for over a year.

Anyway,, last pie out of the oven. 12:15!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:16 am My favorite thing about cooking in T-Day is when all is done and we haven't killed each other, I make the pot pies. I use the vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans), make additional gravy (secret) and chop up the leftover turkey. And since I'm usually in a coma, these years I use roll-out pie dough.

I would prefer the small pot pie disposable foil pans but I haven't found them for over a year.

Anyway,, last pie out of the oven. 12:15!
the rwnj have cornered the market and rededicated them as tin foil hats :twisted:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:34 am Orange juice & orange zest are a must in cranberry relish, & I prefer just a touch of lemon juice to lime; the lime can make it a little bitter to my taste.
:yeahthat: I have never tried lime juice in the cranberry relish, but yeah, orange juice, zest, and a little lemon juice are absolute necessities. Yum.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Orange + cranberries... yum. I just love orange cranberry bread. Or is it cranberry orange bread?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “General Stuff”