Large rational Republican forum?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
StrangeSteve

Large rational Republican forum?

Post by StrangeSteve »

Is there a Republican equivalent to DailyKos that is not overrun with insane anti-vax people?

I am working on a project for a non-partisan medical education thing launched by doctors, DK was the obvious outlet for the left, but when I looked at FrumForum I see that it died nine years ago. I remembered Fogbow from the Tea Party loonfest, figured people here might know what venue fits the bill.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Re: Large rational Republican forum?

Post by Foggy »

I have no idea, honestly. It's difficult to imagine a Republican forum that wouldn't be overrun with fanatics. Even if someone started one, the fanatics would find them and then it's off to the races. If you ever do find a place like that, let us know, por favor. :smoking:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yes, please. I like to know what the other side is thinking, but not if it's bat guano crazy.
ImageImageImage x5
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

David French, a rational, anti-Trump Republican, posts articles (some free, some pay-walled) at the French Press.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

In today's environment, any medical forum that is not limited to licensed physicians and legitimate medical researchers, is going need to be strenuously moderated. Otherwise, the anti-vaxxers will overwhelm it with misinformation (I'm trying to be polite).

There must be a strictly enforced "no politics" rule. If there isn't, every time a doctor says that people should be vaccinated, someone will pipe up and scream that this is a violation of their constitutional rights, or that it is a plot by the left to somehow subjugate the masses.

Medical education should not be political. Unfortunately, there are many who believe that science is a political arena, and that everyone's opinion is valid. It isn't, unless it is an informed opinion backed up by hard, verifiable facts.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was on the local Next Door app which has a strict no politics policy unless you open a private chat room. They also have a policy of banning medical misinformation (specificaly covid). Nonetheless, it's turned into a cesspool of medical bull hockey and outright insults directed at anyone who points out that (insert covid cure de jour here) is not a medically valid treatment. I finally dropped it.

Too bad. It was a great place to find tree trimmers and plumbers.
ImageImageImage x5
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You could try the Dispatch. It was founded by 2 conservatives that left FOX last week as they couldn't take it anymore

https://thedispatch.com/

Bill Kristol has the Bulwark as well. His Twitter is pretty good too

https://www.thebulwark.com/

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/

Those would be the places I would start looking.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”