Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Again! Mama June Shannon Indicted for Crack -- It's Complicated.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Again! Mama June Shannon Indicted for Crack -- It's Complicated.

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:29 am

Clock struck Midnight, 15 minutes is up, etc. This struck me as similar to the behavior we see from Birthers and SovCits and it's just as insane and tragic. TLC did the right thing, immediately cancelled and the season they shot that was scheduled to air in 2015 is not expected to air.

Statement:  "TLC has cancelled the series HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately. Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being.

"Mama June's New Man Molested Her Own Daughter ... and Daughter Wants You to Know
Mama June's New Man Molested Her Daughter And She Wants You to Know

10/24/2014 2:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The 8-year-old girl who was molested by Mama June's new guy is June's own daughter, Anna ... and Anna wanted us to tell everybody.TMZ broke the story ... June is dating her ex, Mark McDaniel, who was released in March after serving 10 years in prison for forcing a girl to perform oral sex on him. June has been dating McDaniel since his release -- something she denies despite photos and other evidence -- and that's why TLC cancelled "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." 

Cancellation Shows Dangers Of Exploitative TV
http://www.npr.org/2014/10/24/358567472 ... itative-tv  
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Suranis

There Goes Honey Boo Boo - Mama June Shannon

Post by Suranis » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:24 am

The cynic in me must point out that the show was in a ratings slide anyway, getting less than 2 mill viewers for its latest season that has just begun airing.

I'll believe TLC when they pull the show rather than bask in the ratings surge this news will bring

What a repulsive bitch

*edit* it seems The LEARNING Channel is pulling the show. But Guess what, I still dont believe them. I guess I have a character flaw about believing that they give a shit, rather than participating in the only learning that has gone on in the Learning Channel in years.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:39 am

I believe TLC is pulling the show. It's really the only viable option from a risk management standpoint. Even if all the other factors (like morality, ethics, and public relations) are discarded, there are still liability issues out there that could lead to massive exposure for TLC if they are seen as in any way making money from their relationship with the convicted sex offender.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:15 am

Yikes! Read about this yesterday, but didn't realise that it was actually June's own daughter. All the early reports simply stated it was a relative of hers. Would this be a scenario where the CPS could get involved? IIRC there's at least couple of underage children in the household.

FWIW, while the show was as repulsive as it was, you couldn't deny the fact that they really cared for each other.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:30 am

There are many things that make me grateful that I don’t have TV. Shows like this are one of them. I remember reading and seeing stuff about “Honey Boo Boo” and I had to Google it to see what it was. What an obnoxious program. Stupid rednecks filling a kid up with “go-go juice” and encouraging her to act like an idiot while they sit back stuffing bacon in their faces. WTF?
Birfers are toast

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

Buh Bye Boo Boo... RIP and never I repeat never come back in rerun land.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:54 am

I never watched the show nor did I watch the "Tiaras" show it was spun off from. I have no interest in reality shows, much less a reality show where some parent seems to be spoiling their kid.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:10 am

If I were Queen of the World, I would decree that no minor child would ever be allowed to participate in "reality TV." Ever. How a parent could allow their child to be exploited like that is beyond me.
IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:14 am

*Ching ching* and stupid pride and basic human competitiveness. Besides, you become FAMOUS!!! That repulsive blob of lard is known worldwide. And so is her mother. *Tish-boom*
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Scratch

Post by Scratch » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:17 am

I'm considering starting a poll asking who here gives a tinker's dam about Honey Boo Boo.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 am

If I were Queen of the World, I would decree that no minor child would ever be allowed to participate in "reality TV." Ever. How a parent could allow their child to be exploited like that is beyond me.So ordered. :D

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:52 am

I never watched the show nor did I watch the "Tiaras" show it was spun off from. I have no interest in reality shows, much less a reality show where some parent seems to be spoiling their kid.

:shock:

There was a spinoff?

OMG, it really says a lot about the mentality of people who consider this kind of shit "entertainment". And apparently there are a lot of them if there was even a spin off! ](*,)
Birfers are toast

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 pm

It seemed that Tiaras came out shortly after the JonBenét Ramsey investigation. I don't know if the show was already in production or if it was some producer's idea after the JonBenét incident. In any event Boo Boo was spun off from Tiaras and seemed to show the flip side. Parents who think their kids are something special - that's a turn-off for me. There's something wrong with parents who feel the need to showboat their kids.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah, the Honey Boo Boo show was split off from that perenial favourite amongst pedophiles and others with an unhealthy obession with young children and them dressing up as adults. There's a compilation of the worst of the worst things said on that show going around, which just makes one want to /headdesk repeatedly.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Never watched the show. I saw one or two short clips and had no desire to see more. I've given up on The Learning Channel. It's pretty worthless these days.
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Parents who think their kids are something special - that's a turn-off for me.

I don't mean to take your quote out of context, Zeke, but I think most parents feel this way. (I'm not suggesting that as a result they should pimp their kids on a TV show, or as we saw in 2008, use them as props in a national political campaign.)

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Oh, sorry. I thought the shows spun off the other way around. It's been over 15 years since we had TV so I know nothing about it, thankfully.
Birfers are toast

rosy

Post by rosy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 pm

I've never seen the show but I saw a trailer for it once - that was enough for me to recognise it really wasn't my kind of programme! Like P.K., I don't think it's right for children to appear on reality TV shows in general, but particularly the kinds of programmes which are made in order for the audience to point and laugh at the idiots.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:28 pm

To be fair, Mama June set up trust funds for each of the children + her grandchild and dumped the earnings from the show into those. They can't be touched by the children until they turn 21, unless it's for medical emergencies or to pay for their tution.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey don't be haters they're acting :lol: Yes, Toddlers & Tiaras was the forerunner cause who can get enough of child beauty pageants? Wonder if Orly was a pageant kid?

TLC has wiped out everything Boo Boo on their website, but You Tube still has some of the "Cookin with Mama June" videos.

Boo Boo turned out to be one of the most popular shows distributed internationally; as Dallas showed the Soviets 1980's America, now Boo Boo shows the world the real America! Patriots!

Here's Mama June with her Pork Chop Casserole (cross post to Recipes? :P )

Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm

The lowest common denominator people seem to reproduce the most.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Do we know how much TLC paid that family for this Masterpiece Theater spinoff?

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Do we know how much TLC paid that family for this Masterpiece Theater spinoff?

$15-20k per episode. At 52 episodes, and considering that's a raise from perviously, there's probably around $150k in each trust fund. Not a bad start to the adult life for either of those kids.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:19 pm

If I were Queen of the World, I would decree that no minor child would ever be allowed to participate in "reality TV." Ever. How a parent could allow their child to be exploited their child like that is beyond me.

FIFY. I have the impression that the child's family (mother, certainly) was absolutely delighted to push her child front and center for whatever manipulations and exploitations might come, That show would have never existed without the agreement of the mother, to the mother's undoubtedly considerable enrichment.

Now, to be fair, I watched Honey Boo Boo exactly twice, about 2 years ago, just because I wanted to see what the buzz was about. I thought the show was disgusting, including--particularly--the title child as well as her trashy (my opinion) family. I see that someone (upthread) remarked that it was apparent to them that the family sincerely cared about each other. That may be true, but I didn't see that.
The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:23 pm

To be fair, Mama June set up trust funds for each of the children + her grandchild and dumped the earnings from the show into those. They can't be touched by the children until they turn 21, unless it's for medical emergencies or to pay for their tution.

Roboe, is there some actual proof of that (the trust funds and terms)? I'm not questioning you, but I just plain doubt that. Sorry.
The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Return to “Current Events”