Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Lani

Re: Cats!

Post by Lani »

Now Stormy has a fur family :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Lani wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm Now Stormy has a fur family :lovestruck:
:lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Kitty riding a Roomba pirate ship is the video you didn’t know you needed today.
Sound Up
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm putting that on my list of things to do when I am an old crazy cat lady!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

IMG_9284.jpg
IMG_9284.jpg (64.38 KiB) Viewed 885 times
This little gift was left by my desk chair sometime overnight. It's fur not a feather. I think it's probably a baby squirrel tail, but no sign of innards or the rest of whatever it was anywhere. Country cats with a doggie door bring in all sorts of doG knows what! The other morning at the crack of dawn Katie (the middle cat) brought a live bird into the bedroom and it escaped. That was fun trying to catch, but finally got the poor little thing and took it outside where it promptly flew off like a bat out of hell.

The number one rule in this house is to never ever walk around the house in bare feet because there is no telling what you might step on. :sick:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Pirate kitty ROCKS!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Our daughter had a cat tree for her cats, and Stormy loved playing on it. So we got her a couple. She loves them!
16D366AF-F3AB-4A28-86EB-8FA9F3A99F59.jpeg
16D366AF-F3AB-4A28-86EB-8FA9F3A99F59.jpeg (157.44 KiB) Viewed 838 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lucky cat! :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Cat trees are so much fun. Tulip has one in almost every room. She has a hammock style tree in my home office, right next to my chair so she can come to work with me whenever she wants. :lol:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 pm Cat trees are so much fun. Tulip has one in almost every room. She has a hammock style tree in my home office, right next to my chair so she can come to work with me whenever she wants. :lol:
The correct term in "supervise"... :fingerwag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:blackeye:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 pm
RVInit wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 pm Cat trees are so much fun. Tulip has one in almost every room. She has a hammock style tree in my home office, right next to my chair so she can come to work with me whenever she wants. :lol:
The correct term in "supervise"... :fingerwag:
Manage. Supervise is too low level.

Or execute, as in executive.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Are you people in other places having trouble getting cat food?

My foster-fail Odie HAS to have Fancy Feast kitten chicken twice per day or her nose gets way out of joint.

I have been having a problem finding it for months and now it is out of stock everywhere.

My son went to the crappy, tiny, local Safeway yesterday and says the cat food isle was almost empty.

Odie:
messages_1.jpeg
messages_1.jpeg (149.59 KiB) Viewed 680 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cute Odie!

I can't speak to cat food, but it seems to be something of a problem in general.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Haven't had any real problems yet, but lots of big pet stores in greater Seattle area.

Have you checked Amazon and/or Chewy.com?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I remember in a former life when offal was readily available at the butcher and we would dice up the raw meat for the feline family. Also to throw it in boiling water if it started to get smelly (in a histotical times prior to owning a fridge). Mixed with leftovers of our own meals. When offals became rare cause the industry transformed them into other stuff (cause humans ignored them and could afford the better slices) we used chicken meat and minced pork or beef.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Kendra wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:34 pm Haven't had any real problems yet, but lots of big pet stores in greater Seattle area.
Chicago and outlaying suburban same missing cat food inventory. Although mostly limited to the many Purina produced brands. I've been told that the problem started with some of the big manufacturing plants either interrupted their operations because of worker shortages and or had interruptions of scheduled deliveries of the raw ingredients. Also panic buying started last year. Only recently I'm again able to obtain the cheapo canned Friskies 4 cases minimum needed for two weeks feeding the feral cat colony. Made do by substituting lots of pressure cooked fresh chicken and beef roast when found at reduced pricing. Lots of fresh chicken livers and gizzards are inexpensive. Last night saw at a Petsmart a long empty shelf where the many fancy feast 3oz cans should be. The increasing missing ff is a more recent occurrence. Poor cats have to make do with human graded chic thighs, breasts and livers that previously would have been poultry/meat byproducts, wheat gluten, corn bran, corn starch, added artificial colors, more. :doh:
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

I have subscriptions for it at both Amazon and Chewy. They are both sorry, but they won't be delivering it as it is "currently unavailable".

I have about 30 cans left. I can stretch it a little by sneaking in a turkey now and then.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Sequoia32 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm I have subscriptions for it at both Amazon and Chewy. They are both sorry, but they won't be delivering it as it is "currently unavailable".

I have about 30 cans left. I can stretch it a little by sneaking in a turkey now and then.
You do know that cats will eat anything you put down for them if you just outwait them, right?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yup. My cats are addicted to Fancy Crack too.Here, they say it’s a supply chain yadayada. Tons of cat food stuck on a ship at the Port of LA, waiting for a chariot, preferably with a driver, (both apparently in short supply) to take them to market.

Sequoia, have you tried Royal Canin Mother and Babycat? For nursing moms and weaning kittens, my foster-fails continued to love it… until their first bite of FF. It’s a bit pricey but worth it until that ship comes in.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

tencats wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:40 pm Chicago and outlaying suburban same missing cat food inventory.
The Jewel-Osco website did not mention anything when I added various Fancy Feasts products to my cart for the store nearby me but that does not mean they have it. I guess I should have read this before I went shopping there earlier tonight and checked to see if it was at the store.
101010 :towel:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

This is why I'm glad to have a HoboKitty, he eats anything I put out for him....then goes and kills something, and leaves the half eaten remains for me.

Because I can't hunt for decent food after all... ;)
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

Siri loves Meow Mix I remind Hubby when he does the shopping. He likes to try something "new". The dogs don't mind but Siri has a taste for Meow Mix and that's what she gets.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Earworm time.
101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”