Who in 2024

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Patagoniagirl

Who in 2024

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I know this may be divisive, but who will Dems win with in 2024? I like Harris. But...
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Who in 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm I know this may be divisive, but who will Dems win with in 2024? I like Harris. But...
I've still got my Harris T-shirt from 2020 and I'm not afraid to break it back out. She's whip smart and not afraid to throw down.

I'm open to new blood too.

I'd hate to see them do to Harris what they did to Hillary, and they are clearly already trying to do it. Grr.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

If Biden doesn't run in 2024, Harris will be the presumptive nominee.

But there would probably be a non-fringe competitor, say Warren. Or a wannabe, say a Bloomberg (or some other gazillionaire).

To say nothing about the dozens (hundreds) of minor and fringe candidates.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have a tote bag that says
Biden 46
Harris 47

Hopefully I’ll get to carry it to her inauguration since I couldn’t carry it to Biden’s.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Post by duck dodgers »

I'd support Harris, but would prefer Warren.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

duck dodgers wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm I'd support Harris, but would prefer Warren.
I'll support virtually any Democrat over virtually any Republican. I don't expect the Republican Party to be any more sane in three years. With the OSG putting his divisive $.02 worth in every couple of days, the repub candidates will more dysfunctional than ever.
Largo al factotum.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I like Harris immensely. I think she would make an excellent leader. I just wonder if she can win.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Justin Trudeau.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Harris.

As you may remember, I had a reservation about her during the 2020 primary season, but she has been great so far, and I have become a yuge fan.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I cant hardly believe the Pubs will intentionally run trump in 2024. He may run, but I cant see the party seriously nominating him. Will Liz Cheny run?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:24 am Harris.

As you may remember, I had a reservation about her during the 2020 primary season, but she has been great so far, and I have become a yuge fan.
I'm kinda the reverse -- huge fan in 2020, but still waiting to see how she's going to command the national stage. I think she's busy traveling the learning curve, which is exactly where she should be.

I've been humbled by the obvious importance of Biden's decades of experience--how that experience provides a strong platform for the more progressive of his policy commitments and statements. For me, Biden is overshadowing Harris. Not saying that isn't just fine, just saying it's been an eyeopener for me.

So I'm hoping that over the next three years Harris will gain power and confidence, and end up being someone who can speak easy truth no matter what the occasion.

And if not, Corey Booker, who already has that skill.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The Thugs are going to run Nikki Haley and Kristi Noem in the primary for sure and spend at least two years screaming about how Dems aren’t really as supportive of women as we pretend to be because… “are they supportive of our women?!? No, they are not. Hypocrites.”
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I admire.and think Harris would be an excellent president. I'm not seeing that confidence in polling for 2024.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I see the idiots pummeling Harris over the border*, but will it work on non-trumpanzees?

*I'm guessing because it's all they've got. That and "communism" whatever the hell they think that is.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Anyone think Secretary Buttigieg might make another run in the future?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 am Anyone think Secretary Buttigieg might make another run in the future?
I could see him as a VP pick in 24
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:32 am I see the idiots pummeling Harris over the border*, but will it work on non-trumpanzees?

*I'm guessing because it's all they've got. That and "communism" whatever the hell they think that is.
Right now it's masks, the vaccines, and forcing private social media platforms to publish vile, dangerous nonsense. Oh, and the Jan 6 commission.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Resume18 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:51 am :snippity:

Right now it's masks, the vaccines, and forcing private social media platforms to publish vile, dangerous nonsense. Oh, and the Jan 6 commission.
Until they're on to next week's shiney object...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I've grown increasingly concerned that Harris is not going to be the 2024 candidate (if Biden doesnt run) to bring Dems victory in2024.

She ismost likely be qualified, but that's not how the Presidency is won. Nothing about her gives me a fire in the belly. I've not seen or heard much of her on the Border issues, or any other policy points.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:42 pm I've grown increasingly concerned that Harris is not going to be the 2024 candidate (if Biden doesnt run) to bring Dems victory in2024.

She ismost likely be qualified, but that's not how the Presidency is won. Nothing about her gives me a fire in the belly. I've not seen or heard much of her on the Border issues, or any other policy points.
I've had the exact concerns. And I doubt Biden will run.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Im old, you’re old, Warren’s old. We need fresh blood.

Like a Mayor Pete, or a Texan with big brass balls. Where are the Ann Richardses? We need more tough women. Kamala is one of them but I think she’s really really busy right now, not being in the public eye. Maybe she’s propping Joe up from behind. :?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It depends on 2022. When, WHEN, trumps endorsements get trashed in that election it will set up the republicans to start openly ditching him rather than the present "operation mention him less and less," and whoever emerges from that particular civil war will be the white shriveled up guy to beat.

I like Harris and always have, but I don't have a particular preference otherwise. Biden is doing fine.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think it's the curse of the Vice Presidency to be out of sight/out of mind. We don't get to see her making people squirm at hearings like we used to. When/if the (important) time comes, she'll shine, even if the opponent isn't wearing a fly as a hat.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We never thought Biden would only run once. Who would do that and give up an opportunity to help America? Takes eight years to really implement policies, especially with the insane opposition.

There are 1111 days until the next presidential election. I'm happy with Biden, Harris, and a Democratic House and Senate. Like we were with the twice impeached disgraced loser, now Trumpers are going out of their minds with the current government. The difference is we were shell shocked for three months to mourn the loss and started organizing for the midterms -- these Trumpers (including the SFV himself) are stuck in 2020. That's going to be killer for them, by impotently demanding "fix 2020 or else no voting in 2022" what will they do when nothing happens?

Would like to see Kamala Harris more but it's still early. There is an Army of Pete ready to go and we'd be there. We want to see how Val Demings does next year in FL Senate, she was on the VP shortlist last time and could be considered again.

While there was dopey pushback on Harris on idiots like Eastman, seems America has gotten over the hump of having a black candidate on the ticket. With 82M voting Biden Harris, that's something that hasn't gotten as much attention. So if Biden chooses not to run, we'd expect Harris and would be happy to support her so far. Pete is our next pick but he's got lots of time.

We still are ready to buy Biden Harris 2024 swag! :dance:

1111.JPG
1111.JPG (116.22 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

The Democrats could run the corpse of James Buchanan, and I'd vote for it over anyone the GQP ran...

"Buchanan 2024, he can't do any worse than Trump!!"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”