Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Foggy »

The death of Dr. Vicklund's uncle is also ruled UNFAIR. The true cost of COVID-19 will never be known. It's cases like this one that show the outlines of the tragedy. Were it not for this horrible disease, it sounds like he might have lived many years. I'm sorry for your loss, Kevin.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Sorry to hear about Dr. Vicklund's uncle :bighug: It is unfair that antivaxers selfishly infect themselves and others with no regard to the collateral damage as medical facilities and personnel become unavailable to do their normal work. Of course we expected that when health services were struggling to deal with early pre-vaccine waves, but it is not necessary now. Whether or not the non-Covid patient would have passed away imminently or had expectation of many more years isn't the issue; the point is that they have been deprived of the standard of care and attention that they have a right to expect.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I am so sorry.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Condolences.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Sorry. Covid is dastardly in some many ways, most, of which, are never counted in the stats.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm Sorry to hear about Dr. Vicklund's uncle :bighug: It is unfair that antivaxers selfishly infect themselves and others with no regard to the collateral damage as medical facilities and personnel become unavailable to do their normal work. Of course we expected that when health services were struggling to deal with early pre-vaccine waves, but it is not necessary now. Whether or not the non-Covid patient would have passed away imminently or had expectation of many more years isn't the issue; the point is that they have been deprived of the standard of care and attention that they have a right to expect.
:yeahthat:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm Sorry to hear about Dr. Vicklund's uncle :bighug: It is unfair that antivaxers selfishly infect themselves and others with no regard to the collateral damage as medical facilities and personnel become unavailable to do their normal work. Of course we expected that when health services were struggling to deal with early pre-vaccine waves, but it is not necessary now. Whether or not the non-Covid patient would have passed away imminently or had expectation of many more years isn't the issue; the point is that they have been deprived of the standard of care and attention that they have a right to expect.
Exactly. I don't think Uncle Craig would have lived much longer even without Covid, but he would have lived much better if Covid hadn't interfered. And I'm not even going to blame the anti-vax crowd here. The worst of the damage was done long before vaccines were available, before even the hoaxers got started. The OSG, on the other hand... :mad:
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm so sorry. :brokenheart: :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
W. Kevin Vicklund

On a happier note, I am actually going to engage in Covid-safe activities with friends tomorrow. I'm going disc-golfing for the first time. It's not the same as :duel: but it should be fun.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My condolences to Dr. Vicklund.

Have fun discing!
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Thanks for the ruling Foggy. Update on my stepson/son. Still feels like he has a cold and is doing OK. The grandson is still pissed off and confused about why he can't see his Daddy (he is only 2 after all). My son is very diligent about mask wearing and god help you if you try to see his kid without a mask on. It sucks that he did every thing right and then this happened but whatever. Side note for mask holes. Grandson started wearing a mask when he started to walk. Doesn't bother him - he probably thinks it is normal like putting on a coat before going outside. If a 2 year old can do it so can those fucking mask holes.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:10 am My condolences to Dr. Vicklund.

Have fun discing!
Thanks! I did have fun, and even managed to win a hole on a par-3. My drives were pathetic, though I did manage to get my driver to roll enough to get me an extra 50% or so on my distance fairly regularly.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

My oldest brother needed a couple very short hospital stays for procedures and monitoring. Not elective but necessary.

He ended up in a children’s hospital. At nearly 70.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Children's hospitals are good. I hope he gets out soon.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

For the first time in 4 or 5 years it seems I'm coming down with something. This past Monday I ate in a restaurant for the first time since prior to Covid, so maybe that's what did it. What can I say, other than that I've really missed my Peruvian chicken, with red-skin potatoes and kale. ;)

I have a low-grade fever and chills, a minor sore throat, and a pretty heavy sense of fatigue. I feel like I ran a marathon yesterday, but I assure you that I did no such thing. These are all initial symptoms of possible Covid.

On the other hand, I'm having no issues with my chest or breathing, and my sense of taste and smell are fine. So maybe it's just a cold or flu.

I'm not in a high-risk category, so if it's Covid, I'm confident the vaccine will kick its ass. 8-)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: Good luck!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Let the ass kicking commence!
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

My neighbor, who was hospitalized with Covid for 3 days and whose whole family was sick with it, is finally getting vaccinated... because she wants to see her musician nephew perform and vaccinations are required at the venue.

Mandates work!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My daughter from another mother is thrice vaccinated - 2 Pfizer + booster. They have* common sense but not all of their college cohort does, and they came down with teh COVID. Still not sure from where. They quarantined for two weeks, felt bad day 1; it was all good for the next 13. They’re all better now, no hospitals and just one Urgent Care visit at the outset.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

* I am :confuzzled: still. When one’s personal pronoun is they, what happens to verbs? Is it They has? They have? even though it’s only one? This, more than anything else about our modern world, makes me feel old :lol: Not the pronoun, I get that, but the grammar.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My personal pronouns depend on which of my personalities is active at any given moment.

:batting:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Text from Dad:
Mom okay, but back in hospital. COVID back. Will know more in morning
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: I hope all goes well.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:cry: Hang in there, Mom Vickland. :bighug:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

My stepson has recovered and tested negative. Back to teaching today. Still has the no taste thing but seems to be OK other than that.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”