Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Epik site hack

Chilidog

Epik site hack

Post by Chilidog »

(CNN) The hacking collective Anonymous last week claimed to have stolen and leaked reams of data held by Epik, a website hosting firm popular with far-right organizations like the Proud Boys.

The more than 150 gigabytes of data swept up in the breach shine a light on years of online activities from far-right groups, including those who tried to overturn the 2020 presidential election. While researchers are still sifting through the data, Epik has historically provided web hosting services to an array of conspiracy theorists, and for conservative media networks like Parler and Gab.

The breach also undercuts Epik's pledge to customers that it can safeguard their anonymity, no matter what dangerous conspiracy theories they spread online. For that reason, experts told CNN the hack could have repercussions for how far-right groups organize and try to protect themselves online.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/politics ... index.html

Interesting.

From what I understand, the site was sloppy and lazy.
Sam the Centipede

Re: Epik site hack

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:04 pm :snippity:
From what I understand, the site [Epik] was sloppy and lazy.
Now I feel back in birther times! Sloppy, lazy plus a bucket of racism, another of hate, drenched with wilful stupidity, that's RWNJs.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

For completeness, Cantwell now resides in the southern part of my state, Marion USP.
101010 :towel:

Return to “QAnon and StopTheSteal whackos”