Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by LM K »

somerset wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:14 pm
I'm not sure she really had a cushy corporate job. It looked like she was an independent agent representing SAP, but not working directly for them. This would explain why she could be terminated so quickly from such a large company.

And it looks like her LinkedIn profile is now gone completely ;)
She's still there. https://www.linkedin.com/in/janene-hoskovec

:lol:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
filly

Post by filly »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Proving how good the GOP is at arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This teenager is the adult in the room. They scoff when he talks about his grandmother.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The lady laughing to his right is Erica Casher. She’s a nurse at Cigna. People have been tweeting at Cigna to shitcan her, but Cigna won’t acknowledge it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:40 pm :snippity:
For what?

:snippity:
For the right wing nut job grift that she has been "canceled", I got even money she'll be running for a GQP elected office in the near future...
Yep, she's looking for her ticket on the Martyr Express.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:40 am The lady laughing to his right is Erica Casher. She’s a nurse at Cigna. People have been tweeting at Cigna to shitcan her, but Cigna won’t acknowledge it.
Yet.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:40 am The lady laughing to his right is Erica Casher. She’s a nurse at Cigna. People have been tweeting at Cigna to shitcan her, but Cigna won’t acknowledge it.
Yet.
https://www.ibtimes.sg/erika-casher-cig ... d-19-60169

Says she’s toast at Cigna.
Edit: Maybe.
bob

Post by bob »

LM K wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 pmMost who struggle with anxiety and phobias can wear a mask.
IIRC, Miki Booth said her anxiety made wearing a mask very difficult. I think she even got a note from a therapist to that effect.
Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My favorite comment from that article:
Ironyisreal
11m ago

If she had been wearing a mask nobody would have seen her smirking and maybe she'd still be working!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Mikki Booth is a vile human being. Sprout has sometimes-crippling social anxiety. He’s not mean as a snake like she is.

I’m glad to hear she has a burden. I hope the panic attacks increase. :mad:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 pm My favorite comment from that article:
Ironyisreal
11m ago

If she had been wearing a mask nobody would have seen her smirking and maybe she'd still be working!
Wins the Internet today.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Here's the thing with running to companies to fire somebody for something that happened outside of their role (nor was their employer even mentioned). While companies have the right to protect their image and have likely also informed their employees of potential consequences for being a complete idiot outside of company walls, but there is a risk that this run on Twitter to get people fired may cause some to be fired for a misunderstood situation (not that these were) or even serving as a way to chill free speech outside of the company (and not identified as an employee).

I have noticed many companies jumped really fast. Even with at-will employment, terminations are not quick as they still go through building a record and providing for an employee to improve/rectify, if possible. This avoids the potential for legal issues, even with at-will employment. I have to wonder if there were not already issues with these folks and this provided the last straw for the company.

Having been a public school choir and musical director in a small town, I was extra careful about what I said or did in public (not so much on "did" as I led a very boring life). It is very easy to be misunderstood for even the most inoffensive letter to the editor. I did not need to cause extra annoyance with the work I did. I will say, some of the student gossips of my nightlife made me a far more interesting person than I really am. I have no nightlife.

Once parents went to the admin about a teacher being seen going to another lady's house on a regular basis (I actually don't remember if he was married at the time). That lady was, his sister.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

While it's all fine and dandy that you get that medical excuse for not having to wear a mask, that does not give you free reign to go forth into locations requiring masks. What that does (or at least, should do) is require you to use the remote options for ordering products online and picking up curbside. It should also prevent you from going into venues requiring masks such as theaters.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 pm Mikki Booth is a vile human being. Sprout has sometimes-crippling social anxiety. He’s not mean as a snake like she is.

I’m glad to hear she has a burden. I hope the panic attacks increase. :mad:
I wouldn't be surprised she has anxiety issues. She's hateful of much of the world and lets herself get all wound up about it. I could really see her mask anxiety as being caused by her hatred of the mask and Biden (and Obama) and not the actual wearing itself.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

But... Teachers/schools are not the same as commercial enterprises. The idealist in me would say that it's okay to ask the question, as long as there is a fair hearing. In reality, shit happens.

Watching that video, it seems to me that what the woman did was not a firing offense, i.e., that other measures might have been more productive. So I conclude that Cigna's primary goal was to avoid the backlash and to hell with Casher. Note that we don't know what kind of a severance package she was given.

The "caught on video" phenomenon is clearly subject to misinterpretation, especially in the heat of the moment. We'll no doubt learn, as a society, how to best cope.

And yes, I despise her and what she stand for too. That was me above posting "yet," so I am not surprised one bit. I'm just saying.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

You are right about teachers/schools being different than other enterprises. I only used it as an example of discretion (and the fact that I was slightly better known because my role was more public, though I still had tenure and union protection). That was before the age of Facebook and Twitter, or even cell phone cameras, so now people are more exposed than they would have been, even in larger towns. I have been rather amazed at how folks think they can post anything on Facebook and it won't get back to the boss. That is just naive.

My example was more about understanding the consequences of not being anonymous in your daily actions. In my teaching days, it took being in a higher profile role in a small town for me to lose any ability to be anonymous in my outside life. Now, it applies to almost everybody.
Edit: Oh, and I was referring to more than just the smiling lady but also others like coughing gal.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 pm My favorite comment from that article:
Ironyisreal
11m ago

Kind of like the idiots on J6. Think how much harder the ID process would have been if they'd all worn masks.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

There’s a really easy alternative…

Not only will she not vaccinate, she doesn’t want to be tested either. :brickwallsmall:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Why should she be vaccinated or tested, citizens?

She has NATURAL IMMUNITY on account of how she's a white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, and everybody needs to just leave her alone in her little cocoon where she's safe, and white, and Christian (notice the ear pin), and just generally a level or two above the human race.

:bag:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
somerset

Post by somerset »

LM K wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:25 am
I'm not sure she really had a cushy corporate job. It looked like she was an independent agent representing SAP, but not working directly for them. This would explain why she could be terminated so quickly from such a large company.

I'm still getting a screen that says, "This profile is not available." Maybe it's overloaded with hits, or ?? I've also tried with VPNs from various places around the world with the same results.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

somerset wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:27 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:25 am

I'm still getting a screen that says, "This profile is not available." Maybe it's overloaded with hits, or ?? I've also tried with VPNs from various places around the world with the same results.
It was there 5ish hours ago. Now gone.
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:45 pm It was there 5ish hours ago. Now gone.
:rotflmao:

I guess she couldn't provide the "entirety" of the videos. Or explain how the "set up" by the victims caused her to cough on the victims.
LM K

Post by LM K »

northland10 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 pm Here's the thing with running to companies to fire somebody for something that happened outside of their role (nor was their employer even mentioned). While companies have the right to protect their image and have likely also informed their employees of potential consequences for being a complete idiot outside of company walls, but there is a risk that this run on Twitter to get people fired may cause some to be fired for a misunderstood situation (not that these were) or even serving as a way to chill free speech outside of the company (and not identified as an employee).
:snippity:
My sister is an RN. She is extremely careful on social media because her hospital monitors employee's social media activity. Iirc, her contract states that they track social media. They do so to protect their own image. I suspect the hospital only visits social media of new employees and employees they suspect of causing problems.

Lori doesn't like that she's monitored, but it's in her contract.
Having been a public school choir and musical director in a small town, I was extra careful about what I said or did in public (not so much on "did" as I led a very boring life). It is very easy to be misunderstood for even the most inoffensive letter to the editor. I did not need to cause extra annoyance with the work I did. I will say, some of the student gossips of my nightlife made me a far more interesting person than I really am. I have no nightlife.

Once parents went to the admin about a teacher being seen going to another lady's house on a regular basis (I actually don't remember if he was married at the time). That lady was, his sister.
Thankfully I don't teach k-12. :shock: Parents can be asses. In higher ed, I'm not allowed to provide parents with any info about their child. I can't even confirm that the student is or is not a student of mine.*

I have a very unusual name. I'm the only one in the US with my name, and those few with my name in Europe spell their name slightly differently. I'm way too easy to find.

Because I'm an educator, I am very careful on social media. My FB page is as locked as possible. Any social media accounts using my real name are as professional as possible. I work extremely hard to stay as apolitical as possible in my classroom and on social media accounts in my real name. After all, according to Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum, college educators are the biggest domestic threat to America!

Interesting, when people accuse me of hiding behind an obviously fake name, I just tell them that I'm a teacher and that my students shouldn't know my political affiliation and beliefs. They actually stop picking on me for using a sock puppet name after that.

*I broke this rule once. I received a call from a frantic mother. Her daughter had disappeared, leaving her 2 year old child behind. Iirc, my student had a history of substance addiction. Once I felt very confident that the mother was telling me the truth, I gave the mom attendance info for her daughter. I felt very uncomfortable sharing that information, but I felt it was reasonable and necessary to share the attendance history with my student's mom.
LM K

Post by LM K »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:29 pm While it's all fine and dandy that you get that medical excuse for not having to wear a mask, that does not give you free reign to go forth into locations requiring masks. What that does (or at least, should do) is require you to use the remote options for ordering products online and picking up curbside. It should also prevent you from going into venues requiring masks such as theaters.
But, but, I wanna see what's on the shelf for salad dressing! Thus you must let me grocery shop without a mask!! :nope:

The ADA states that requiring masks during public health emergencies does not violate the ADA. As long as a business can provide a reasonable accommodation, the business has met it's obligation. If any accommodation is unreasonable for any reason, the business has no obligation to provide services.

Those screaming about being disabled thus unable to wear a mask are not usually covered by the ADA. A health issue isn't the same as a disability. If it was, toe nail fungus could be recognized as a disabling medical problem.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”