Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Lani »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:14 pm Sounds like the patient got 13 days of ivermectin before the order was halted, and if the wife's lawyer is telling the truth, the patient is better and about to be weaned off the ventilator. That's only going to make the ivermectin problem worse. They believe he's better because of the dewormer and not the hospital staff's hard work keeping him alive.
Attorneys for the hospital claim that there has not been a notable improvement since the treatment began. They said Jeffrey Smith is not entitled to receive off-label medical treatment from an outside doctor.

"Nor is West Chester Hospital obligated to provide a highly controversial medication that is discouraged by the FDA, CDC, AMA and every credentialed, board-certified physician at the hospital," said Charles Galvin, attorney for UC West Chester.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/wife-of-co ... t/37477748
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

2 points here

1. For 13 days this woman was illicitly receiving deworming medication......God I pity the poor nurses who have had to be cleaning up the sh*t from this idiot
2. What is the liability for the hospital if, during their care, some insane loon is feeding fundamentally dangerous chemicals to a patient under their care and said patient shuffles off this mortal coil..?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

If people are going to be secreting ivermectin into hospitals to treat COVID patients, I feel like the only rational response (at least, from the perspective of the hospitals' attorneys) is to discharge the patients at issue. Why run the risk of getting sued for someone dying because idiots gave them dewormer?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

For that first verb, did you have to use “secreting.?” :eek:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lani wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 am
Attorneys for the hospital claim that there has not been a notable improvement since the treatment began. They said Jeffrey Smith is not entitled to receive off-label medical treatment from an outside doctor.

Thx Lani,

Now the wife is going to be screaming that he WAS getting better but they took him off his life-saving horse paste.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:33 am

Now the wife is going to be screaming that he WAS getting better but they took him off his life-saving horse paste.
Judge said this:
In addition, Oster said, Jeffrey Smith could be “safely” transferred to another hospital where Wagshul has privileges and continue the treatment there if his family desires — without forcing West Chester to do so.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Maybe we're reading from two different sources, but Mrs. Smith did not "secret" Ivermectin to her husband. She won a decision from a judge forcing the hospital to administer an off label use from an uncertified doctor. That decision was later overturned and the hospital stopped giving Mr. Smith the drug. But, by that time he had received it for eleven days, and appeared to be recovering. Mrs. Smith attributes his improvement to the Ivermectin. The hospital and attending doctors disagree with her assessment.
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Not to mention, given that there's an actual doctor involved - a quack, but sadly still an M.D. - I'd imagine Mr. Smith has been given the Ivermectin intended for human consumption.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If Biden would just ruminate about possible mandatory Ivermectin, it would solve the problem right quick.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ha! That might actually work. That's parenting 101.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Doubling down.

https://www.evergreenfamilymedicine.com ... n-addendum

EFM treated over 1,000 covid positive patients in our urgent care August alone. Mercy hospital is full. We are treating complex disease in the outpatient setting. We need all the tools that we can get.

<snip>

At Evergreen, we understand the unsettled science surrounded Ivermectin. We recognize this is off label use of this medication. The patient is fully informed of this. Informed consent is important, and we do not oversell Ivermectin’s benefits.

Ivermectin is inexpensive. With appropriate dosing, its safety in human use is demonstrated by 40 years of use and billions of doses, with mild and rare side effects. The argument against the use of Ivermectin has been based on poison control reports of people using veterinary doses of this drug. Evergreen does not use veterinary doses of Ivermectin. A drug cannot be judged based on its misuse.
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

ZinWhit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:35 am Doubling down.

https://www.evergreenfamilymedicine.com ... n-addendum

EFM treated over 1,000 covid positive patients in our urgent care August alone. Mercy hospital is full. We are treating complex disease in the outpatient setting. We need all the tools that we can get.

<snip>

At Evergreen, we understand the unsettled science surrounded Ivermectin. We recognize this is off label use of this medication. The patient is fully informed of this. Informed consent is important, and we do not oversell Ivermectin’s benefits.

Ivermectin is inexpensive. With appropriate dosing, its safety in human use is demonstrated by 40 years of use and billions of doses, with mild and rare side effects. The argument against the use of Ivermectin has been based on poison control reports of people using veterinary doses of this drug. Evergreen does not use veterinary doses of Ivermectin. A drug cannot be judged based on its misuse.
I understand that there is no - like none - science in respect to its use in covid treatment.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

If I had covid and my doctor told me, “Look, we don’t know whether ivermectin is going to help or not. But a human dose isn’t going to hurt, so what do we have to lose?” I’d probably go along with it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Miami-Dade School employees dropping like flies. 15 in 10 days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 78%3famp=1
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Small sacrifice as long as Floridians have their liberty. :sarcasm:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Mr brolin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:40 am 2 points here

1. For 13 days this woman was illicitly receiving deworming medication......God I pity the poor nurses who have had to be cleaning up the sh*t from this idiot
2. What is the liability for the hospital if, during their care, some insane loon is feeding fundamentally dangerous chemicals to a patient under their care and said patient shuffles off this mortal coil..?
In her initial lawsuit, Smith agreed to waive all liability for the hospital and staff. I don't know if she signed paperwork to waive their liability, but I can't imagine the hospital treating him without liability forms signed.

No family or friends are allowed in ICUs for anyone right now. It doesn't matter if the patient has covid or not.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Anti-vaccine Pastor and Volusia County (FL) Councilman Fred Lowry has just been hospitalized with covid. He has referred to Fauci as “Dr. Falsey,” and said, “we don’t have a pandemic .. we were lied to.”
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

LM K wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:55 pm
Mr brolin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:40 am 2 points here

In her initial lawsuit, Smith agreed to waive all liability for the hospital and staff. I don't know if she signed paperwork to waive their liability, but I can't imagine the hospital treating him without liability forms signed.

No family or friends are allowed in ICUs for anyone right now. It doesn't matter if the patient has covid or not.
And she can only waive what is hers to waive. She probably can’t waive liability on behalf of her husband or her husband’s estate.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I so love the Pastors and others on the Christian right who decide that they have freedom, they have righteousness, they have faith so they will be healed but themselves calling down the will of God. Yeah... they got that all wrong. To heal, they must let go and let those in God's creation help them heal with all the gifts humanity has been given.

In my Episcopal opinion (others may rightly have another opinion which is fine), God has given healing but they have refused.

Oh, and healing is not a cure.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

With #Ivermectin, you can say neigh to science and hello to COVID-19 🐎
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I've been trying to stay away from all things covid, it is just too much right now. This one flashed across my Twitter though that really grabbed me. So unnecessary. Poor kid.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Unvaccinated woman sent a chilling TikTok video from her hospital bed – she died of COVID just days later
John Wright
September 07, 2021

A TikTok creator has died from COVID-19 after urging people to get vaccinated in her final video, filmed in her hospital bed.

"I don't have a lot of energy for talking, so I'm going to try to make this quick," Alexandra Blankenbiller said in the video, shared Aug. 15 with her 15,000 followers. "I did not get vaccinated. I'm not anti-vax; I was just trying to do my research. I was scared, and I wanted me and my family to all do it at the same time. As I'm sure you guys know, it's hard to get everyone to agree on something if people feel differently."

"I do think it was a mistake," she added. "I shouldn't have waited. If you are even 70 percent sure that you want the vaccine, go get it. Don't wait. Go get it. Because hopefully if you get it, then you won't end up in the hospital like me. It's not saying that you'll not get COVID, it's just a layer of protection so hopefully it's not as severe."

https://www.rawstory.com/tiktok-creator ... nal-video/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

SorryAntiVaxxer.com has a Twitter now: https://twitter.com/fuckedantivaxx1

#AntiScience #AntiVaxxers posted meme after meme about how they're not getting vaccinated, how it's all a hoax...then died of #COVID. It's important to document the memes that are killing people. #COVIDIOT video from CultOfDusty. Follow @fuckedantivaxx1.

Anti-Vax Memes Are Literally Killing Conservatives. Meet The Victims.
3,551 views Sep 7, 2021

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Raison, thanks for posting. This is a reminder that very few things we do impact only us. Even if they think they are not sharing it, just the act of them getting it impacts others.

This is the same thing that burns my britches with the folks who get a ticket from the police for going across a railroad crossing after the warning has started, and especially when a visible train is coming. They complain that it only hurts them if they get hit. Bull fuckin shit. We start with the engineer, the train crew who have to respond, all the folks standing around who watched it, the police, the fire department and first responders, the coroner, all the folks on the train who are stuck there, all the folks who are either stuck on other trains or have to find alternate transportation home or to work (which is not the easiest thing if the trip is up to 50 miles and you are single, as I know too well), all the people who actually depend on the person to do some job somewhere, etc.

There are also the people who love and care for them, though some days, I wonder why.

These people need to be wacked upon the head with a little John Donne.
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”