Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Spreadnecks: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by bill_g »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 pm Rapey Bob (PDX folks know who he is) was in ICU for a week but he is now still in the hospital but in a COVID ward. I hate that this idiot is tying up a hospital bed. He is bitching about his care - fuck him.
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOBSHtIBVY&ab_ ... robertwest
Oh dear. The dawg is on a leash and can't get to the shower. Are we sure he even took more than one shower a week before he arrived?

My question is: Who's paying for his care?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Oh a COVIDiot shower commercial? The less you know...

:boxing:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Jeebus, now we don't only have to worry about the unvaxxed covid patients overrunning the ERs, but also these ivermectin idiots. Goddammit.

Alice Cooper continues to be a Good Guy:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tencats

Post by tencats »

Brazilian viper venom possible COVID cure
September 1 2021 - 5:24AM
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... ovid-cure/
Brazilian researchers have found that a molecule in the venom of a type of snake inhibited coronavirus reproduction in monkey cells, a possible first step toward a drug to combat the virus causing COVID-19.

A study published in the scientific journal Molecules this month found that the molecule produced by the jararacussu pit viper inhibited the virus's ability to multiply in monkey cells by 75 per cent.

"We were able to show this component of snake venom was able to inhibit a very important protein from the virus," said Rafael Guido, a University of Sao Paulo professor and an author of the study.

The molecule is a peptide, or chain of amino acids, that can connect to an enzyme of the coronavirus called PLPro, which is vital to reproduction of the virus, without hurting other cells.

Already known for its antibacterial qualities, the peptide can be synthesised in the laboratory, Guido said in an interview, making the capture or raising of the snakes unnecessary.

"We're wary about people going out to hunt the jararacussu around Brazil, thinking they're going to save the world ... That's not it!" said Giuseppe Puorto, a herpetologist running the Butantan Institute's biological collection in Sao Paulo. "It's not the venom itself that will cure the coronavirus."

Researchers will next evaluate the efficiency of different doses of the molecule and whether it is able to prevent the virus from entering cells in the first place, according to a statement from the State University of Sao Paulo (Unesp), which was also involved in the research.

They hope to test the substance in human cells but gave no timeline.
Snake bites by the jararacuçu (Bothrops jararacussu): clinicopathological studies of 29 proven cases in São Paulo State, Brazil
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9205667/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothrops_jararacussu
the jararacussu has rather potent venom, potent enough to kill sixteen people
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

LM K wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:27 pm
ZinWhit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:12 pm Regarding Roseburg, OR doctors Powell, my Twitter DM had a request from an Oregonian journalist. We spoke for an hour.
THANK YOU!

I read Evergreen's bullshit. It's full of blatant lies. The doc blames the vaccines for the evolution of Delta. Delta began in India in Oct, 2020. Not a single vax had been administered outside a clinical setting last Oct.
Just doing my part...so, thank YOU.

The local paper did a piece, the sobering comments are worthy of a read.

Note Citizens Against Tyranny (aka Sen. Dallas Heard) are making a come back.

https://www.nrtoday.com/news/health/cor ... l#comments

"This little tale is not about ivermectin. It's about how our hospital gets overwhelmed and why Evergreen needs to do better."
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Why does he think the school board cares that he doesn't watch Fox News anymore? :smoking:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Funny, he doesn't look like fucking moron.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Also too, if the deep state wanted to depopulate "the world," they'd have spread a conspiracy theory that large doss of ivermectin would clear covid right up.

Or not.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Jim

Post by Jim »

That darn deep state, can't do anything right. They started vaccines back in the day of George Washington and here we are going from 2.5 million to 360 million.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, it wast really a vaccine in Washington's day, It was inoculation, which basically infected you with a mild form of Smallpox and made you sick for a couple of weeks.

That was Washington's big problem, becasue if he mandated inoculation officially the enemy could attack while his army was sick with inoculation fever as they would know that his army was out of action. So he dithered about it, and when he found that soldiers were sneaking off and getting inoculated against orders, he ran a secret phased inoculation program.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

ZinWhit, it’s encouraging to see so many so many absolutely sane comments in a newspaper. ;) The less sane show NO understanding :doh: of an individual’s responsibility to the society that they believes owes them everything.

This is a real question, though it sounds rhetorical - how can so many people believe that a medicine made to flush parasites will work on a virus? One of these things is not like the other. Do they assume everything washes out with the parasites, like a Great Flood?

Madness.
Madness.
Madness.

But then, Americans have always been fantasists.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Great job ZinWhit, a voice of reason is appreciated in those parts! :thumbsup:

So tragic and unnecessary:
Dallas firefighter dies of COVID-19, first pandemic death for Dallas-Fire Rescue
David Leos recently hit his 40th year with Dallas-Fire Rescue. The landmark came while he was hospitalized.
:snippity:
Leos' wife, Darlene, has been visiting her husband for weeks. According to the family, Leos was unvaccinated. He was also a cancer survivor.

The City of Dallas is now offering more time off for employees who get their shots.

Since the pandemic began, 650 firefighters with Dallas-Fire Rescue have tested positive for COVID-19.

One of the last things Leos told his wife, per the family, was an apology for not getting vaccinated.

"He said he was sorry he never got vaccinated, right before he was put on the ventilator,"
Jeane Leos said.
:snippity:
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/healt ... 6b1dc44938
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

COVID-19 outbreak sidelines 'whole strike team of crews' battling Caldor Fire near South Lake Tahoe
"We lost a whole strike team of crews yesterday, we lost a finance section chief due to [being] COVID positive, so understand, do not come to this briefing without a mask on," he said. "I understand your views are important and I will always respect that as one of our leaders, but you are here at a briefing. One more COVID firefighter getting sick could take out our actions to protect the community and the people we're here to serve."

Henry Herrera, a public information officer for Cal Fire, said a "strike team" consists of five fire engines — each staffed by three firefighters — plus a strike team leader. He said those 16 firefighters will have to quarantine for two weeks, and did not have information on where the strike team was stationed or their vaccination status...
https://www.kcra.com/article/caldor-fir ... 2/37464143

I could give a good guess about their vax status. And you'd think firefighters would be used to wearing things like masks.
filly

Post by filly »

I've been hearing anecdotal evidence that firefighters, even EMTs, refuse to get their shots.

They die, they die. But innocent folks whose homes get destroyed or can't get to the hospital in time with a heart attack or stroke are also getting hurt by this assholeishness.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago the local news had a story on the funeral of an EMT who got Covid from a transport. Left a wife and kids.

Without skipping a beat, the newscaster went into the local Covid stats, vax percetage and bed availability.

No connection of the two segments at all.

Police unions are fighting vax mandates.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. :brickwallsmall:
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

LM K wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:20 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 pm
Among the nation's 50 largest hospitals, the percentage of unvaccinated health care workers appears to be even larger, about 1 in 3. Vaccination rates range from a high of 99% at Houston Methodist Hospital, which was the first in the nation to mandate the shots for its workers, to a low between 30% and 40% at some hospitals in Florida.
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19 ... al-workers
That article is from June.
That's so fucking disturbing.
I think there's two probable reasons behind these numbers. First, the egotism prevalent in physicians (remember the joke about God thinking he's a doctor). Frankly, I think widespread egotism/narcissism is behind this rampant Dunning-Kruger pandemic - all these people believe they know more/are smarter than everyone else, especially experts. And as is typical of Dunning-Kruger idiots, being proved wrong simply makes them double down.

Second, there's a lot of people working in health care now not because helping people is their vocation, not because they love science, but simply because it's a career that pretty much ensures they'll be able to find a job easily - and one that pays decently, too.
I've heard this bull before.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm Funny, he doesn't look like fucking moron.
:lol:
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:41 pm Jeebus, now we don't only have to worry about the unvaxxed covid patients overrunning the ERs, but also these ivermectin idiots. Goddammit.

Alice Cooper continues to be a Good Guy:
The GOP's love for Trump is so well expressed by Alice Cooper, except since they don't break the chain, they kiss and slip Trump the tongue.
Your cruel device
Your blood, like ice
One look, could kill
My pain, your thrill
I wanna love you but I better not touch (don't touch)
I wanna hold you, but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you but I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison, running through my veins
You're poison
I don't want to break these chains
101010 :towel:
slq

Post by slq »

Another whiny FB post today from the anti-mask, anti-vaxx family member who a few days ago was whining about not being able to get her elective surgery:
Apparently children are considered visitors at St. Lukes. God forbid a single parent with no options for daycare or babysitter or parent whose spouse works out of town and no family or friends/same nearby or available needs to see the doctor. WTF!!!!! Their answer is reschedule or cancel, to bad so sad. But it's ok in their book to leave your minor children home alone or in the car alone. They don't care. Was told they don't get paid enough to deal with it either. Seriously?
Boo f'ing hoo. This is also a lie. Yes, her husband works out of town. But she does not have little kids. Her kids are 9, 12, and 14! No 9-year-old goes to day care. They literally haven't ever gone to day care because she has always been a stay-at-home mom. And her mother (my sister) routinely has the kids for one reason or another, lives about a mile from her, and is essentially homebound due to disability, so I can't imagine a situation where she would be unavilable. COVID means that no one who is not essential goes in the hospital. And it has long been the practice that you don't leave your kids unattended in the waiting room for the receptionist to deal with.

The problem here is that she took some or all of the kids with her, when she could have left them with their Grandma, expecting that they could wait in the waiting room. She doesn't think about COVID restrictions because in her mind, there shouldn't be any.

(No idea if this doctor visit is related to her elective surgery.)

ETA: Oh, and the 12 yo and 14 yo are unvaxxed and go to school with a bunch of other unvaxxed kids.

ETA 2: The high in Boise today (where the St. Lukes she visited is located) was 80 degrees. Not harmful for a kid to hang out with the windows open (or more likely on the grounds by a fountain.)

/rant over
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

DejaMoo wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:07 pm Second, there's a lot of people working in health care now not because helping people is their vocation, not because they love science, but simply because it's a career that pretty much ensures they'll be able to find a job easily - and one that pays decently, too.
Ya, that's more or less the reason I originally went to become a Priest, I'm ashamed to say.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

OK everybody, stand in front of a mirror and say this affirmation-

I AM NOT A HORSE!

:roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Nay!
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

When you need Ivermectin...

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

I've not been online for several days, but here's a change in the title.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”