Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Spreadnecks: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

Viral photos show COVID’s devastating toll on fitness coach who refused vaccine
John Wright
August 24, 2021

Phillips' wife, Maria Phillips, documented his COVID journey in photographs. She was overcome by tears as she looked at some of her photos and told the station about her experience of "having to see Bill go from this person, who was so strong and full of life, to this person who can barely stand up."

Bill Phillips opted not to get vaccinated because he previously contracted the virus in early 2020 — and tests showed he had developed antibodies. "I made a mistake ... and it came that close to costing me my life," he said, still struggling to speak and with oxygen tubes in his nose.

After contracting COVID again this June, Phillips spent 47 days on a ventilator and didn't wake up for 18 days after that.

"Bill was so strong and independent and worked out and did all these things," Maria Phillips said. "Now he's in a wheel chair. He can't walk. He can't exercise. He's on oxygen."

Her husband added: "It didn't help that I could bench press 300 pounds or run a mile straight up a hill. I've been in a lot of pain and I have lost a lot, but I have gained a new outlook on life that is for sure."

His new outlook includes encouraging others to get vaccinated.

https://www.rawstory.com/fitness-coach- ... ips-photo/

Lani

Post by Lani »

Yeah, don't count on antibodies after having covid. My doctor told me that some people on my island who were confirmed to have Covid-19 and were hospitalized wanted to donate blood. But the tests showed that some of them had low or no antibodies 2 to 3 months after recovery. I've read that antibodies persist for several months, maybe longer, but that hasn't been the experience here for a number of people.

Recently, I met one of those patients. Almost a year and half after being medivac'd to an Oahu hospital, he still struggles to keep his job. He was stunned when his test showed no antibodies after three moths and took every precaution until he was vaccinated. And he's still very careful to follow safety protocols.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ran across this series today... A story in three acts.

Act I:
► Show Spoiler
Act II:
► Show Spoiler
Act III:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Nice.

:shrug:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Soooooo, did God tell her whether to get the jab or not? :waiting: I can’t stand the suspense.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Jim wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Ahhh yes, she learned that old expression the hard way..."Freedumb isn't free".
It's just dumb.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 pm Ran across this series today... A story in three acts.
:violin:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

taken from Act II
RedBloodedChick @RedBloodedChick
For God sake make HCQ and IVERMECTIN available for all the patients needing it.
5:53 AM · Aug 12, 2021
Dear poster - do you think doctors are stupid and uneducated? They know about these compunds, they know when these compunds can be used to treat whatever illness they are intended to heal. And also too, they already know if they may try said compunds in an off label intervention. They don't need your uneducated input. :brickwallsmall:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Protesters bedevil Lt. Gov. Josh Green at home as anti-vaccine violence and harassment spread nationally
The Hawaii lieutenant governor watched in horror as protesters showed up outside his condo, yelled at him through bullhorns and beamed strobe lights into the building to harass him over vaccine requirements.
:snippity:
Since Hawaii announced a mandate earlier this month that state and county workers would have to show proof of vaccination or face weekly tests, 50 to 100 unmasked vaccine opponents have gathered almost nightly outside the downtown Honolulu condominium building where Lt. Gov. Josh Green lives with his wife and two children, ages 14 and 10.

Some yell into bullhorns and shine strobe lights into apartment units, Green said. Flyers with his photo and the words “Jew” and “fraud” have been plastered around the neighborhood. Green, who is Jewish, has been tearing them down and turning them over to the state attorney general’s office.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/08/ ... ationally/
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am amazed at these folks who somehow think that God only heals in the exact way that they want it (not to mention they want a cure, not healing). They want to do as they please and then have a miracle moment when it does not work out. That they think that God cannot create humans with gifts to overcome the pandemic certainly shows their God is not really capable of much.

She and many like her are following the works of the evil one. They follow their own desires and ways, ignoring God when God speaks until that time that they need help now. God's help was always there, but they ignore it (or so the Christian thought actually goes).

All these folks who think they are the "righteous" because they are "saved" are not getting it. They love to hear the story of the Good Samaritan but completely miss the point. It is not about somebody doing good, but about who did the good. All the righteous, the in folk, the rich, the Israel and Judah First folk avoided the injured person. Samaritans were the outsiders, the lowest of the low, the dogs who beg for scraps under the table (sort of like how you hear the right refer to immigrants). Yet, it was that lowest of the low, the outsider, who stopped and helped, with no concern of how it may hurt them. That's the point of the story.

The arrogance of the "Christian" place in society blinds people to the responsibility of following Christ. Masks, vax, self-distancing. In my world, this is how we follow Christ. I would say to all these so-called Christians, stop expecting God to come from elsewhere to save you but instead, listen for God who is already speaking, though the people of this world.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:yeahthat:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

One of my sisters and her hubby live in Southern Oregon which is poot territory. They have been life long Republicans but not too crazy. They have now registered as independents. Both have been vaxxed and wear masks - they are both religious but quit their church cuz too much crazy anti vax/Trump shit. We had lunch a couple of weeks ago. Both voted for Biden, not that they agree with some of his stuff, but rather Trump had to be stopped.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

x2
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I’ve seen more than one Christian leader write about a Christian’s obligation to other Christians and how that means that you, as a Christian, mask up and get vaccinated. That’s exactly how I was raised!
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:22 pm Yeah, don't count on antibodies after having covid. My doctor told me that some people on my island who were confirmed to have Covid-19 and were hospitalized wanted to donate blood. But the tests showed that some of them had low or no antibodies 2 to 3 months after recovery. I've read that antibodies persist for several months, maybe longer, but that hasn't been the experience here for a number of people.

Recently, I met one of those patients. Almost a year and half after being medivac'd to an Oahu hospital, he still struggles to keep his job. He was stunned when his test showed no antibodies after three moths and took every precaution until he was vaccinated. And he's still very careful to follow safety protocols.
My veterinarian came by today to check on one of my cats, and we were talking about titres for antibodies. She said her titre came back at 1700, her partner came in at around 150, and one of her clients had had a titre done because they needed to go to Canada, and her titre came back at .5. Not 'five', but 'point five'. That client got the vaccination again.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

scirreeve wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:25 pm One of my sisters and her hubby live in Southern Oregon which is poot territory. They have been life long Republicans but not too crazy. They have now registered as independents. Both have been vaxxed and wear masks - they are both religious but quit their church cuz too much crazy anti vax/Trump shit. We had lunch a couple of weeks ago. Both voted for Biden, not that they agree with some of his stuff, but rather Trump had to be stopped.
:thumbsup:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 pm Ran across this series today... A story in three acts.
Well done. I like how you did that.

I wish them well. I hope they get the jab. Too bad they had to learn the hard way.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:53 pm
Jim wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:47 pm
Ahhh yes, she learned that old expression the hard way..."Freedumb isn't free".
It's just dumb.
The whole thing reads like parody. Except these days it’s probably real.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

On the bright side, now would be an excellent time for her to go back to chortling about how fun it would be to kill a lot of liberal Democrats. :idea:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210825_084110.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ccination/
When Abbey Klein opened her mailbox on Monday, she found a postcard from the state of Nebraska advertising nursing jobs with bonuses as high as $5,000.

Klein, a registered nurse who lives in Omaha, said she had received similar ads from the state in the past. But something stood out on this card.

Bold letters inside a bright box read: “No mandated COVID-19 Vaccination.” The message was under a photo of smiling health-care workers.

Klein, 27, said she was appalled. Several local hospitals recently announced they will require employees to get vaccinated against the coronavirus as the delta variant runs rampant, leaving Klein wondering why the state would send the opposite message.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:36 pm
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
tek

Post by tek »

"hail merry" :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:51 pm "hail merry" :brickwallsmall:
Mayor of Lake Ozark, not doing anything to dispel my preconceived notions of the area.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”