Coronavirus and the Schools

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
scirreeve

Re: Coronavirus and the Schools

Post by scirreeve »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:30 pm Somebunny taught het that she shouldn't wear a mask because it reduces her oxygen. They should also let those poor nurses know that wear one (or two) for entire 12 hour shifts. Wonder they don't just straight up pass out.
The guy directly in front of the girl is Garth Gaylord - he is an Ammon Bundy fanboy and involved with Ammon's seditionist group People's Rights Network.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

I did an hour long low-weight, high-repetition weight lifting workout (Dancing with Barbells) with a room full of people this morning, and all but 3 out of maybe 30 people (it's a big room) were wearing masks. I'm fairly certain those ladies (all 3 were ladies) will be wearing masks next class. Did I mention there's a mandatory mask indoors mandate now in Rawly? :clap:

The instructor handled it perfectly - she gave us a few - not enough to make it look obvious - compliments on how good we looked in our masks, without looking at or mentioning the 3 spreadnecks.

But I worked really hard today, never bothered to adjust my mask at all, just put it on and did the whole workout with no problem at all. I've been thinking about giving up on the gym, because of the mask mandate and because the numbers are going up again here. That choice may be made for me by the board of commissioners. :biggrin:

But if 90+ % of the class shows up with masks on, and we left them on the entire hour, and since the whole class kind of quietly shunned the 3 spreadnecks, which is the most effective kind of pressure ladies can put on each other, I think I'm going to take the risk, bring my face diaper, and show up early for class like I do.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... -students/
Forty-nine students who registered for fall classes at the University of Virginia have been disenrolled after failing to meet the school’s vaccine mandate, officials said Friday.

The campus unveiled its vaccine mandate in May and the overwhelming majority of the campus is in compliance, officials said. More than 96 percent of U-Va. students are vaccinated against the coronavirus and 335 students with religious and medical exemptions have been granted permanent waivers, officials said.

An additional 184 temporary waivers were granted to students who have had trouble getting vaccinated but plan to get their shots upon arriving to campus.

Less than 1 percent of students enrolled — or 238 students — are not in compliance, “but only 49 of those students had actually selected courses, meaning that a good number of the remaining 189 may not have been planning to return to the university this fall at all, regardless of our vaccination policy,” said Brian Coy, a school spokesman.
Here today, Carnegie Mellon University announced that all students, all staff, and all faculty must be vaccinated.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

:clap:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:04 pm https://foxkansas.com/news/local/anti-v ... ita-school

these f'n people
Oh, charming. They found a way to link 2A with antiva.
BDF1C1B2-F955-4483-BC42-56E3B1CEA424.png
BDF1C1B2-F955-4483-BC42-56E3B1CEA424.png (498.04 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

these fucking idiots

and our school only a week in has 60 students in quarantine
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:29 pm these fucking idiots

and our school only a week in has 60 students in quarantine
:shock:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Rice University temporarily turns to online classes as the virus surges across Texas

Rice University
, a private institution in Houston, has done its best to build a wall against the Delta variant engulfing the state of Texas by imposing stringent requirements for being on campus.

Unlike the state’s public universities, which cannot mandate vaccines or masks, Rice requires student and faculty members to wear masks and has testing protocols for all visitors. And while Rice has not risked running afoul of Texas law by requiring vaccines, it has told students they are expected to be vaccinated.

Still, the virus has surged in Houston, and on Thursday, Rice became the second university in the state to shift classes online, dampening hopes for a return to normal college life this fall. Rice delayed the start of school by two days until Aug. 25 and said that classes would remain online through Sept. 3.

It also said that members of the Rice community had tested positive for Covid despite the high vaccination rates — 98.5 percent — among the student body.
:snippity:

Texas Coronavirus Map and Case Count

“We’re in a hot spot right now,” said Rice’s president, David Leebron, adding that the decision to move temporarily to remote classes was made to give the university time to assess the results of its recent testing.

“Having new information of concern, as people worry about breakthrough infections, as people with children are worried around those issues, we wanted to have a little bit of time to gather data and look at it more carefully,” he said.

Rice was the second Texas university that has announced a move to remote learning. Last week, the University of Texas at San Antonio said it would begin with mostly remote classes, citing the city’s high infection rate.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Florida gives school districts 48 hours to reverse mask mandates or lose funding

Two Florida school districts that defied state rules and imposed mask mandates for students have been given 48 hours to reverse course or lose state funding equal to the salaries of their school board members.

In an order sent Friday to the districts in Alachua and Broward counties -- the first of five districts in the state to impose mask requirements this month -- the State Board of Education said that if they do not reverse their mandates in two days, the districts will have to provide Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran the current salaries of each school board member.

The Florida Department of Education said it then will start gradually withholding state funds -- equal to 1/12 of the salaries of the board members, monthly -- "until each district demonstrates compliance," according to a statement.

The order prohibits the districts from letting the reduction of funds "impact student services or teacher pay" and requires them to report to the state any instance in which they enforce their "unlawful" mask mandate.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-schoo ... d=79565155
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:43 pm
Florida gives school districts 48 hours to reverse mask mandates or lose funding

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-schoo ... d=79565155
Let the court cases begin over the legality of connecting fund payments vs. health risks.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Our district delaying the start of school by at least three weeks, our county one of the worst in the nation for positive cases per capita, the field hospital set up in Roseburg for the coming hospitalization wave.

Hooray.

I'm going to attend to provide support, as there is a Boardmember generating spread neck uprising.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210822-105745_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-105745_DuckDuckGo.jpg (233.73 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
LM K

Post by LM K »

ZinWhit wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:02 pm Our district delaying the start of school by at least three weeks, our county one of the worst in the nation for positive cases per capita, the field hospital set up in Roseburg for the coming hospitalization wave.

Hooray.

I'm going to attend to provide support, as there is a Boardmember generating spread neck uprising.
The Alsea school district (Alsea, OR) is moving it's opening date back a week.

Dear Parents and Community,

After a great week of staff in-service and training, a successful outdoor parent welcome dinner, and activity event, I have never been more excited about the start of a new school year. We are truly blessed to be here in service to our valued students, parents and families!

Unfortunately, the start of the school year will have to wait due to my being informed that one of our elementary staff members tested positive for COVID today. Under the updated exposure rules, all staff that were within six feet of the affected employee for 15 min. or more must isolate and test. Because our awesome staff was in training, the number of potential exposures for staff is sizable enough to force a delay to the start of the school year. We simply do not have enough certified and classified substitutes to cover for the exposed staff members.

NOTICE: The Alsea School District will be moving the first day of the 2021-2022 school year from Monday August, 23rd to Monday, August 30th, 2021. MS/HS Sports practices will continue on the same summer schedule next week.This delay will allow enough time for all those exposed to get tested and get results back, and if positive, for us to do the necessary contact tracing needed to help keep students and staff safe.

I realize that this delay will be very inconvenient for many families and for that I am truly sorry. This new Delta-COVID strain is creating new challenges, but I am very confident that Alsea is up for the challenge. The silver lining to this situation is that we did not have all our students in the building prior to this positive case:)
Delaying our school year one week will serve to slow the spread of this virus and help remind all of us that the Pandemic is still very real.
tek

Post by tek »

The mask opt-out ends today in Palm Beach County FL schools.
While other counties are allowing general medical exemptions to their mask requirements, school board members rejected allowing exemptions with doctor's notes.
Under the policy, students can avoid wearing masks only by securing exemptions under federal disability laws, a process that can take weeks to complete.
School Board Chairman Frank Barbieri tried unsuccessfully to convince his colleagues to allow children to go maskless with a doctor's note. But a narrow majority of board members disagreed, saying the process should be more rigorous.
“I would like to see us go all the way or not talk about full safety at all," board member Alexandria Ayala said. “This is too serious right now.”
Guvnah Ron and his spokesjerks should respond thoughtfully make hay on this..
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

My former school tested over 400 students out of 650 today.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Also today

sent a kid to the nurse at 1:30 (we start at 7-he should have been sent earlier)

sore throat, upset tummy, runny nose......
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

WF football.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Jim

Post by Jim »

In all honesty...that may be one thing that may get the vaccine rate up in Texas...covid messing with their religion...football!!!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K

Post by LM K »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:46 pm
Dad will be served with a restraining order tomorrow morning. Campus security officers will be at each door to enforce the mask policy.

Poor kiddo.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

YEAAA

our BOE tonight implemented a MASK MANDATE.

While I applaud this wholly, school is two weeks in. Now we will be fighting kids about the masks-well about 10%

the rest of the kids have been wearing them. Almost 100% in my room.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:33 pm
Dad will be served with a restraining order tomorrow morning. Campus security officers will be at each door to enforce the mask policy.

Poor kiddo.
"Dan" here made a big mistake, but they were able to keep him from entering the building. I'm pretty sure his calling the masks mandate "illegal" is due to DeSantis' executive order to defund districts with mandates. I'm glad to see some districts are defying DeathSantis and if they have to sue him, pretty sure a court is going to side with the districts.

I'm curious what Dan shows up with tomorrow (if he shows up). He might even have some RWNJ attorney with him waving a copy of that executive order and threatening to sue.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“Dan” repeatedly said they would have to touch the daughter. Hoping for a clear excuse to sue.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”