trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Atticus Finch

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Atticus Finch »

Trump: " We should let the American People decide - they ALWAYS know best!'"
We did on November 3rd last year or did you forget.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ya know, he could run a cross brand promotion with Capital One, charge a $200 annual fee and make a buck off them. But he's too stupid to do that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

bob

Post by bob »

I like how "offic(i)al" modifies different things on different cards.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am not fully convinced that the eagle is a Nazi dog whistle entirely. The fact is, the great seal of the US has an eagle. It would seriously help if his bestest people would have the eagle face the other way. Not having the wings fully lifted also does not help. It is like a halfway attempt which makes it look more like a Nazi/German eagle than the United States.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm I am not fully convinced that the eagle is a Nazi dog whistle entirely. The fact is, the great seal of the US has an eagle. It would seriously help if his bestest people would have the eagle face the other way. Not having the wings fully lifted also does not help. It is like a halfway attempt which makes it look more like a Nazi/German eagle than the United States.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm I am not fully convinced that the eagle is a Nazi dog whistle entirely. The fact is, the great seal of the US has an eagle. It would seriously help if his bestest people would have the eagle face the other way. Not having the wings fully lifted also does not help. It is like a halfway attempt which makes it look more like a Nazi/German eagle than the United States.
I suspect it is a bit like the "ok" stuff. Just open enough to interpretation where followers can read it as a signal to them while still maintaining plausible deniability because it looks a bit like the US seal too.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

GOod point.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Whoever did this also doesn't know what a Bald Eagle looks like. The tail feathers on an eagle are a nicely graduated fan. There's no central tail feather pointing out like a spear head on a Bald Eagle.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Azastan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:48 pm
Whoever did this also doesn't know what a Bald Eagle looks like. The tail feathers on an eagle are a nicely graduated fan. There's no central tail feather pointing out like a spear head on a Bald Eagle.
Basic ornithology... That's not an Bald Eagle; that's a Fascist Eagle.

ETA: (Trying to pretend it's a Bald Eagle. Does it work?)
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

much ado wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:56 pm

I know, that's why I said 'like a spear head'. It's meant to convey a message.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Azastan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:17 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:56 pm

I know, that's why I said 'like a spear head'. It's meant to convey a message.
Right.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Only just noticed that the cards all have “AUTHORIZED BY PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP”. :yawn:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Seriously, Xavier University gets part of the $100 annual fee for the "Xavier Musketeer Card" plus a little piece of every merchant fee charged with it. Colleges all over the country are doing this to suck a few dollars from the alumni, and Trump would have every mouth breathing knuckle dragging fascist who doesn't die from their COVID Vaccine eager to shell out the annual fee, and you KNOW they'd pay twice what a college alumni will pay to have a special card.

He is missing a chance for a legitimate income here.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Lest we all forget, the Trump campaign had an "America First" t-shirt with an eagle facing to its left and holding a round flag in its talons. It looked very suspiciously like the Nazi symbol. Now we get another very Nazi looking eagle that's turned to its left. They're either purposely choosing this imagery or they didn't learn anything at all from the first time. I don't think the people who put this together are stupid enough to miss the significance.

The eagle in the US Seal is always facing right toward the olive branch to symbolize the preference for peace.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:00 pm :snippity:

The eagle in the US Seal is always facing right toward the olive branch to symbolize the preference for peace.
I have always missed that bit of irony..
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump's New Lawyer, Doug Collins, Sends a Remarkable Letter to Jeff Rosen on Executive Privilege

Glenn Kirschner
Aug 2021

Former Congressman Doug Collin is now representing Donald Trump (I assume he got his retainer check up front). Collins just sent a truly remarkable letter to former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen regarding Rosen's upcoming appearances before Congress to testify about his conversations with Donald Trump. In a letter that should be studied by law students in a class called "Bad Lawyering 101", Collins asserts that it is unlawful for the Biden administration/the Department of Justice to waive executive privilege and allow Rosen and other DOJ officials to testify. But rather than saying that Collins will therefore bring a legal challenge to prevent the testimony, he instead says that because Donald Trump doesn't want to create a "distraction", they will not "seek judicial intervention" to stop the DOJ officials to testify about their conversations with Trump.

Wait . . .what???

Here is a breakdown of what's really at the heart of this absurd letter by Doug Collins.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

may be a repeater
Trump asks a judge to block the Treasury Department from giving his tax returns to Congress.

Even though Donald J. Trump is no longer president, his legal team is arguing that an effort by Congress to obtain his tax returns should be treated as though he were still in the White House.

By Charlie Savage
Aug. 4, 2021

Lawyers for President Donald J. Trump argued in a new court document on Wednesday that a House committee’s request to obtain six years of Mr. Trump’s tax returns should be blocked, portraying the effort as politically motivated and illegitimate.

In a 37-page filing, Mr. Trump’s legal team picked up arguments that the Trump-era Justice Department had put forward in a bid to stonewall the congressional request, but that the Biden-era Justice Department abandoned last week when it said the Treasury Department was legally obligated to provide the documents to lawmakers.

Mr. Trump’s legal team wrote that the requests for the former president’s tax returns “are unlawful and unenforceable because they lack a legitimate legislative purpose, exceed statutory authority, violate the First Amendment, violate due process, and/or violate the separation of powers.”

The lawsuit, which dates back to the period when Mr. Trump was still president, is formally a case between the House Ways and Means Committee and the Treasury Department. But with the executive branch now having dropped its resistance to complying with the request, the Trump legal team, as intervenors, are asking for an injunction blocking that step.

The filing was expected; one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers had said on Monday that he would fight the release of his returns to Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/04/us/p ... turns.html
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:18 pm may be a repeater
Trump asks a judge to block the Treasury Department from giving his tax returns to Congress.

Even though Donald J. Trump is no longer president, his legal team is arguing that an effort by Congress to obtain his tax returns should be treated as though he were still in the White House.

By Charlie Savage
Aug. 4, 2021

Lawyers for President Donald J. Trump argued in a new court document on Wednesday that a House committee’s request to obtain six years of Mr. Trump’s tax returns should be blocked, portraying the effort as politically motivated and illegitimate.

In a 37-page filing, Mr. Trump’s legal team picked up arguments that the Trump-era Justice Department had put forward in a bid to stonewall the congressional request, but that the Biden-era Justice Department abandoned last week when it said the Treasury Department was legally obligated to provide the documents to lawmakers.

Mr. Trump’s legal team wrote that the requests for the former president’s tax returns “are unlawful and unenforceable because they lack a legitimate legislative purpose, exceed statutory authority, violate the First Amendment, violate due process, and/or violate the separation of powers.”

The lawsuit, which dates back to the period when Mr. Trump was still president, is formally a case between the House Ways and Means Committee and the Treasury Department. But with the executive branch now having dropped its resistance to complying with the request, the Trump legal team, as intervenors, are asking for an injunction blocking that step.

The filing was expected; one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers had said on Monday that he would fight the release of his returns to Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/04/us/p ... turns.html

If I recall, the statute that mandates that the Secretary of The Treasury give tax returns to Congress says nothing about a requirement for a "legitimate legislative purpose". Nor does the statute make it optional for the Secretary to provide the returns of anyone that Congress asks for. The word used is "shall", not "may".
northland10

Post by northland10 »

For an Eagle card, this would be my preference.
EagleRedac2.jpg
EagleRedac2.jpg (107.69 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:15 am So trump wants people to carry his trump cards. Official is misspelled. Par for the course in trump world

I’m surprised that DFO even suggested that his Trumpanzees should have a choice. The one on the lower left is the only one that displays his name super-prominently and that’s always his prime consideration.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump-loving Alabama GOP chair could face impeachment over 'fishy' MAGA-rally fundraising scheme
John Wright
August 04, 2021

Some Alabama Republican leaders are calling for the impeachment of the state's GOP chair, in response to a "fishy" fundraising scheme involving Congressman Mo Brooks and an upcoming Donald Trump rally.

Alabama GOP chairman John Wahl has pledged to provide Trump's Save America PAC with up to $300,000 of party funds to hold the rally, according to the Alabama Political Reporter. Wahl and other party executives have also been coordinating with Brooks to raise money for the congressman's campaign in conjunction with the rally slated for Cullman on Aug. 21.

The state GOP's bylaws prevent it from taking sides in primary races, but Wahl and Brooks have reportedly been lobbying for Trump to stage a rally there in part because the incumbent right-wing extremist congressman is trailing Republican challenger Katie Britt in fundraising by a wide margin.

"Several executive committee members expressed to APR that they fear explicit coordination with Brooks' campaign at the highest levels of the party's leadership," the site reported. "Some even question whether there could be a violation of federal campaign laws because the Save America political action committee is providing the tickets."

The state GOP has been sending out text messages to members promising them special access to the Trump rally if they contribute to Brooks' campaign, including better parking, air-conditioned tents, and photos with the congressman.

https://www.rawstory.com/alabama-trump- ... ng-scheme/
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:30 am
Trump-loving Alabama GOP chair could face impeachment over 'fishy' MAGA-rally fundraising scheme
John Wright
August 04, 2021

Some Alabama Republican leaders are calling for the impeachment of the state's GOP chair, in response to a "fishy" fundraising scheme involving Congressman Mo Brooks and an upcoming Donald Trump rally.

Alabama GOP chairman John Wahl has pledged to provide Trump's Save America PAC with up to $300,000 of party funds to hold the rally, according to the Alabama Political Reporter. Wahl and other party executives have also been coordinating with Brooks to raise money for the congressman's campaign in conjunction with the rally slated for Cullman on Aug. 21.

The state GOP's bylaws prevent it from taking sides in primary races, but Wahl and Brooks have reportedly been lobbying for Trump to stage a rally there in part because the incumbent right-wing extremist congressman is trailing Republican challenger Katie Britt in fundraising by a wide margin.

"Several executive committee members expressed to APR that they fear explicit coordination with Brooks' campaign at the highest levels of the party's leadership," the site reported. "Some even question whether there could be a violation of federal campaign laws because the Save America political action committee is providing the tickets."

The state GOP has been sending out text messages to members promising them special access to the Trump rally if they contribute to Brooks' campaign, including better parking, air-conditioned tents, and photos with the congressman.

https://www.rawstory.com/alabama-trump- ... ng-scheme/
Bylaws? We don't need no steenkin' bylaws!!
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Trump's PAC brings in something like 90 million, but the Alabama GOP needs to pony up 300K to host the rally. How very Trumpy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/sta ... 7295213574
Occupy Democrats@OccupyDemocrats
·
11h
BREAKING NEWS: The NY Times reports that Trump has been forced to refund $12.8 million in campaign donations that he stole from his own supporters without their knowledge during the run-up to his 2020 election loss to Joe Biden. RT if you think that Trump should be LOCKED UP!
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”