CPAC Conferences

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
tek

Re: CPAC Conference 2021

Post by tek »

that calls for a Derp Singularity Warning.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

INFIGHTING!!!!!!!! I luvs infighting! :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:31 pm
I'm told MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is currently secretly participating in a CPAC roundtable behind the scenes with former President Donald Trump.
Why would it need to be a secret, though?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:26 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:31 pm https:// twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1414292156957839363
I'm told MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is currently secretly participating in a CPAC roundtable behind the scenes with former President Donald Trump.
Why would it need to be a secret, though?
:shrug: Who knows what goes on in their feeble brains?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox is carrying him live.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So basically they will be sitting around a table listening to Turnip talk, ad the only thing they will be expected to contribute is lots of praise.

If Lindell is in a manic phase he wont be able to sit still, so there is a non zero possibility of fireworks.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This is a real disclaimer that ran on Fox during Trump's CPAC Dallas speech: "THE VOTING SYSTEM COMPANIES HAVE DENIED THE VARIOUS ALLEGATIONS MADE BY PRESIDENT TRUMP..."
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I watched at most ~5 minutes of DFO's address to CPAC. It's all the same regurgitation of his grievance laundry list. There was nothing new.

:yawn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It was some weird :shit:. Like said above, nothing much new, but he is drilling down on the no prosecutions of Antifa and BLM during last year's protests, yet look at the poor patriots getting tossed in jail for 1/6. Dangerous rhetoric IMHO.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

More from Zach on the Matt & Allen show. Matt Braynard, former DL2XIT "data guy" and grifter whose GoFundMe raised over $100K before donors were refunded, runs the organization.
Matt Gaetz allies promoted "official" CPAC speech. Conference officials tell a different story
CPAC confiscated several signs and promotional materials for what it says was a rogue event
By ZACHARY PETRIZZO PUBLISHED JULY 11, 2021 5:33PM (EDT)

DALLAS — Volunteers for a right-wing organization at the Conservative Political Action Conference spent Sunday morning promoting an "official" event featuring a speech Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., posting signs sponsored by a group called "Look ahead America" — though a CPAC official told Salon the event was never sanctioned at all. The conference sought to distance itself from the embattled Congressman by confiscating several signs and handouts for the speech, which read "join Look Ahead America's official CPAC event featuring Representative Matt Gaetz and Colonel Allen West."

The whole debacle kicked off just before noon on Sunday, when security personnel approached a "Look Ahead America" volunteer holding a sign which read, "Matt Gaetz & Allen West Event," with a large arrow pointing attendees outside of CPAC's security checkpoint and into a second-floor ballroom at the hotel. Moments later, "Look Ahead America" organizers attempted to leave the booth area at the conference only to have another one of their signs promoting the event seized. A Look Ahead America official brushed off the signs being taken, telling Salon they hadn't had previous contact with any CPAC officials. In a subsequent tweet, Matt Braynard, the executive director of "Look Ahead America" called CPAC's statement a "100% lie": "It is an official #CPACTX event. @LookAheadOrg is a CPAC sponsor and the room/event was part of our sponsor package. SecretService said we couldn't have signs near the main ball room due 2 security. @mattgaetz and @AllenWest gave great speeches!"

The unsanctioned event was headlined by Gaetz, who is under investigation by the FBI over allegations he violated federal sex trafficking laws and maintained a sexual relationship with a minor. He was, notably, not listed as a speaker on any official CPAC schedule, though Salon spotted the embattled lawmaker palling around the conference all weekend long. Gaetz, when approached about the conference claiming it did not recognize his event, said, "Well, I spoke at noon," adding, "there were a lot of people there, I spoke."

The dust-up isn't the first time Gaetz has found himself persona non grata by event organizers recently — earlier this week a hotel in California canceled an event the Congressman was planning with fellow Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. "As soon as we found out who the speakers were we immediately canceled it," the hotel's manager told the Orange County Register. "We just thought it would be best for our facility to cancel." Look Ahead America also has a history of thumbing its nose at CPAC organizers — in February, the organization promoted and attended white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes' far-right gathering, "America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC)," which was created as a separate, rival conference to CPAC.
https://www.salon.com/2021/07/11/matt-g ... ent-story/

Sure Braynard, sure.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Someone directed Trump to that asinine Twitter thread Tucker Carlson read on air the other night.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:shock: :rotflmao:

bob

Post by bob »

Wash. Times: YouTube deletes Trump video, freezes CPAC account:
ACU Chairman Matt Schlapp: 'This is yet another example of Big Tech censoring content with which they disagree'

YouTube deleted a video of former President Donald Trump from the American Conservative Union’s account and prevented the group from live-streaming the former president’s Sunday CPAC speech.

In a statement, ACU Chairman Matt Schlapp said the group learned that its account had been frozen for seven days over a video from Friday in which Mr. Trump announces his class-action lawsuit against the Silicon Valley titans such as Google and YouTube.

That loss of access to its video account meant the ACU, which runs the Conservative Political Action Conference, could not upload Mr. Trump’s speech or any other live content from its CPAC 2021 Part 2 in Dallas over the weekend.

According to the ACU, YouTube said in a note it had removed the July 9 episode of the conservative group’s “America UnCanceled” program for “medical misinformation,” though it did not specify the statement.
Image ImageImage
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:56 am :shock: :rotflmao:

Kinda like this:

bob

Post by bob »

Don't forget O'Keefe's "Oklahoma!" opens in about five weeks.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

James was dancin to "Nice For What" by Drake:
I wanna know who mothafuckin' representin' in here tonight
Hold on, hold on
I keep lettin' you back in (You back in)
How can I, explain myself?
Care for me, care for me, you said you'd care for me
There for me, there for me, said you'd be there for me

Cry for me, cry for me, you said you'd die for me
Give to me, give to me, why won't you live for me?
Everybody get your mothafuckin' roll on
I know shorty and she doesn't want no slow song
Had a man last year, life goes on
Haven't let that thing loose, girl, in so long
You've been inside, know you like to lay low

I've been peepin' what you bringin' to the table
Workin' hard, girl, everything paid for
First-last, phone bill, car note, cable
With your phone out, gotta hit them angles
With your phone out, snappin' like you Fabo
And you showin' off, but it's alright
And you showin' off, but it's alright (Alright!)
It's a short life, yeah

You really pipin' up on these niggas
You gotta be nice for what to these niggas?
I understand, you got a hunnid bands
You got a baby Benz, you got some bad friends
High school pics, you was even bad then
You ain't stressin' off no lover in the past tense
You already had them
Work at 8 a.m., finish 'round five
Hoes talk down, you don't see 'em outside
Yeah, they don't really be the same offline
You know dark days, you know hard times
Doin' overtime for the last month
Saturday, call the girls, get 'em gassed up
Gotta hit the club, gotta make that ass jump
Gotta hit the club like you hit them mothafuckin' angles
With your phone out, snappin' like you Fabo

You really pipin' up on these niggas
You gotta be nice for what to these niggas?
I understand
Care for me, care for me, you said you'd care for me
There for me, there for me, said you'd be there for me
Cry for me, cry for me, you said you'd cry for me
Gotta hit the club like you hit them, hit them, hit them angles
It's a short life, yeah
Cry for me, cry for me, you said you'd die for me
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nick was wearing Pit Vipers. They don't want him wearing them.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Here's the "christian" movement that promotes the lies of Trump.

This Christian movement wants a nation under God’s authority and is central to Trump’s GOP
A new and rapidly growing Christian movement is openly political and has become the engine of former president Donald Trump’s Republican Party.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 8060034242
The church is called Mercy Culture, and it is part of a growing Christian movement that is nondenominational, openly political and has become an engine of former president Donald Trump’s Republican Party. It includes some of the largest congregations in the nation, housed in the husks of old Baptist churches, former big-box stores and sprawling multimillion-dollar buildings with private security to direct traffic on Sundays. Its most successful leaders are considered apostles and prophets, including some with followings in the hundreds of thousands, publishing empires, TV shows, vast prayer networks, podcasts, spiritual academies, and branding in the form of T-shirts, bumper stickers and even flags. It is a world in which demons are real, miracles are real, and the ultimate mission is not just transforming individual lives but also turning civilization itself into their version of God’s Kingdom: one with two genders, no abortion, a free-market economy, Bible-based education, church-based social programs and laws such as the ones curtailing LGBTQ rights now moving through statehouses around the country.

This is the world of Trump’s spiritual adviser Paula White and many more lesser-known but influential religious leaders who prophesied that Trump would win the election and helped organize nationwide prayer rallies in the days before the Jan. 6 insurrection, speaking of an imminent “heavenly strike” and “a Christian populist uprising,” leading many who stormed the Capitol to believe they were taking back the country for God.

Even as mainline Protestant and evangelical denominations continue an overall decline in numbers in a changing America, nondenominational congregations have surged from being virtually nonexistent in the 1980s to accounting for roughly 1 in 10 Americans in 2020, according to long-term academic surveys of religious affiliation. Church leaders tend to attribute the growth to the power of an uncompromised Christianity. Experts seeking a more historical understanding point to a relatively recent development called the New Apostolic Reformation, or NAR.
If you want more access to WaPo, let me know. I can give you 30 days of access. And, of course, WaPo will nag you forever after that....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The church is called Mercy Culture, and it is part of a growing Christian movement that is nondenominational, openly political and has become an engine of former president Donald Trump’s Republican Party.
They have a denomination. It is the Church of Trump who proclaims the glorious coming again of their savior Trump's presidency where he will rule for a thousand years of peace and they will all be raptured.
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:33 am
The church is called Mercy Culture, and it is part of a growing Christian movement that is nondenominational, openly political and has become an engine of former president Donald Trump’s Republican Party.
They have a denomination. It is the Church of Trump who proclaims the glorious coming again of their savior Trump's presidency where he will rule for a thousand years of peace and they will all be raptured.
I went to their website. Then clicked on the Beliefs link. Most of their bullet-points are short paragraphs. But when you get to the marriage and family topic, they spend much more typing. They are fixated on LGBTQ+ and tearing them down. :roll: :bored:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:38 am I went to their website. Then clicked on the Beliefs link. Most of their bullet-points are short paragraphs. But when you get to the marriage and family topic, they spend much more typing. They are fixated on LGBTQ+ and tearing them down. :roll: :bored:
Of course, they are. To their elk, faith is about restricting and denouncing others. Their own responsibility and that of their God (OSG) does not exist in their doctrine.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:38 am
I went to their website. Then clicked on the Beliefs link. Most of their bullet-points are short paragraphs. But when you get to the marriage and family topic, they spend much more typing. They are fixated on LGBTQ+ and tearing them down. :roll: :bored:
Of course, it is. It's all about controlling women.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Its a bunch of Prosperity Gospel preachers who know a good grift when they see one. Everything about this "movement" leads back to fundrasing. Fomr the companies who process the payments to the pulpits where they call the gullible, its all "send money". The lawsuits, the rallys, the basic cable networks and internet TV channels are like a shark, a perfect eating machine. I doubt half of them at the top believe a word of it, but send your tax deductible contribution to:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

covfefe wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:44 am
scirreeve wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 pm I see 1 eyed seditionist Stewie was there. His soon to be ex wife wrote a blog thing about it.
https://thatgirltasha.com/f/do-i-think- ... go-quietly
We follow each other on the twitter and I have asked her a couple of questions and she always responds quickly. Her twitter thingy is here.
https://twitter.com/That_Girl_Tasha
Thx for that, really interesting. :thumbsup:
Interesting pic of Elmer in a hole in that post. Soon to be ex Mrs. Stewie says stuff about it. This is probably the wrong thread for Stewie nonsense. I might start a new one tomorrow if anyone cares about Stewie.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (135.71 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (135.71 KiB) Viewed 2933 times

Return to “Current Politics”