trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

Sunrise wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:04 pm Are you suggesting that all the lawyers who signed on are doing so for the reasons you mention, or are you specifically referring to Klaman? If the first, I strongly question what advantage they would gain by harassing others and getting negative publicity.
I don't know if others are taking the harassment approach, but if they are, I have to remember that their brain is not wired like mine. What to me seems like negative publicity may not seem negative to them. Their audience and marks are of a different mindset. They are not trying to get what we would consider good publicity as they don't care what we think.

In their case, their audience, unlike Klayman's intended audience, may be an audience of one. There are still those that think that somehow sucking up to TFG can be a good thing for them. Either they are true believers or are delusional that they think they can use Trump for their own benefit.
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:20 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Sunrise wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 pm There must be something I’m missing here, but why are so many lawyers willing to sign on to an apparently frivolous suit like this? Publicity? Money (assuming DFO will actually pay them)? :confuzzled:
They’re hoping Facebook and Twitter actually pay them.
I would think that but I have watched Klayman do these stunts all of the time. He's got to know he will lose. His reasons are publicity (and fundraising with it) and the ability to be seen harassing others.
I’m just saying that it is unlikely in the extreme that Trump has agreed to pay them anything. The lawyers are likely figuring this will either get bounced early and they’re not out much, or it won’t get bounced and there will be a big settlement.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Sunrise wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:04 pm Are you suggesting that all the lawyers who signed on are doing so for the reasons you mention, or are you specifically referring to Klaman? If the first, I strongly question what advantage they would gain by harassing others and getting negative publicity.
No one says out loud, "I'm filing this just to harass you." So motives are inferred, and sometimes inferred incorrectly.

But the post-election litigation brought out all sorts of people with differing motivations. Some attorneys who helped defend him were true believers. And some saw the opportunity to gain some fame (and perhaps some fortune). And others could see the lawsuits, even if unsuccessful in the courts, would have an impact in the court of public opinion; the ends justified the means. And, of course, some were just grifters weighing the risk (sanctions) versus the reward (donations).
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:24 pm
I’m just saying that it is unlikely in the extreme that Trump has agreed to pay them anything. The lawyers are likely figuring this will either get bounced early and they’re not out much, or it won’t get bounced and there will be a big settlement.
The lawyers for a successful class action are entitled to a fee out of the proceeds of the recovery, or sometimes from defendants if the "success" is not a monetary recovery. And in fact, if Trump did agree to pay the lawyers something, it would be unusual, and possibly disqualify him as a class representative, and them as class counsel, because it would cast a shadow on their ability to represent the interests of the class as a whole, something that already seems pretty questionable.

So if the lawyers know anything about anything, they haven't taken any money from Trump.

They know that this isn't going anywhere, but they're hoping to pick up some reputation in the Big Lie crowd.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm
Trump's Facebook lawsuit is filed in federal court in Florida. Facebook's terms of service requires that "any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us" be filed in federal court in northern California or San Mateo County state court.
Can Orly be his local council?
bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:06 pmCan Orly be his local council?
In theory, yes. The biggest hurdle is being a member of the California bar, which Taitz is. There are other requirements, but they're relatively easy.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 am
Trump Bedminster
The Walmart White House
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 am Here's the proposed class for the Twitter suit:
All Twitter platform Members who reside in the United States, and between June 1, 2018, and today, had their access to their social media accounts wrongly restricted or curtailed by these Defendants and who were damaged thereby.
:brickwallsmall:
Please may I have a refresher:
At what point in time in the law suit do plaintiffs need to ask the judge / court to have their suit classified as Class Action and get an attorney assigned as class manager (or whatever it's called) ?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:12 pm

They’re hoping Facebook and Twitter actually pay them.
I would think that but I have watched Klayman do these stunts all of the time. He's got to know he will lose. His reasons are publicity (and fundraising with it) and the ability to be seen harassing others.

OK, heres an angle... you know all thise TV ads for LEGITIMATE charities like, say Fred Hollows (maybe thats just Australia), or C.A.R.E, or Medicins Sans Frontiere or whatever? The ad agencies get a cut of every doller donated, whether its donated thru somebody's will or was influenced by the ad agency campaign.

These LOLsuits are clearly obvious grifting campaigns, and all those guys surely have some vigorish attached.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Former president Donald Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, N.J., charged the Secret Service nearly $10,200 for guest rooms used by his protective detail during Trump’s first month at the club this summer, newly released spending records show.

The records — released by the Secret Service in response to a public-records request — show that the ex-president has continued a habit he began in the first days of his presidency: charging rent to the agency that protects his life.

Since Trump left office in January, U.S. taxpayers have paid Trump’s businesses more than $50,000 for rooms used by Secret Service agents, records show.

The Washington Post reported previously that Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club — where he lived from January, when he left the White House, to early May — charged the Secret Service more than $40,000 so that agents could use a room near Trump.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:51 am
neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:19 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:18 am
Considering he admires rulers such as Putin, this surprises anyone? :roll:
Exactly what things did Hitler do that Trump thinks were good? :roll:
He made the trains run on time! /snark
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:08 am At what point in time in the law suit do plaintiffs need to ask the judge / court to have their suit classified as Class Action and get an attorney assigned as class manager (or whatever it's called) ?
The short answer is "early."

The class-action rule doesn't specify a time. And the practice differs among judges. Some would wait until the dispositive motions (like a motion to dismiss) have been resolved. Others wouldn't.

And this case has the added wrinkle of venue, i.e., these cases need to be transferred to California. But, again, there's no requirement as to whether class certification happens before or after. The may lead to some forum-shopping mischief.

It is a contested hearing, so there won't be a certification hearing until a defendant responses to the lawsuit (or is in default, but that won't happen here).

My WAG is the Florida courts will ship these off to California, and those courts will kill these suits without certifying the class.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:52 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Former president Donald Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, N.J., charged the Secret Service nearly $10,200 for guest rooms used by his protective detail during Trump’s first month at the club this summer, newly released spending records show.

The records — released by the Secret Service in response to a public-records request — show that the ex-president has continued a habit he began in the first days of his presidency: charging rent to the agency that protects his life.

Since Trump left office in January, U.S. taxpayers have paid Trump’s businesses more than $50,000 for rooms used by Secret Service agents, records show.

The Washington Post reported previously that Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club — where he lived from January, when he left the White House, to early May — charged the Secret Service more than $40,000 so that agents could use a room near Trump.
The SS needs to buy some pop-up campers off of Craig's List and park them in the club lot.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:52 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

The SS needs to buy some pop-up campers off of Craig's List and park them in the club lot.
Add some unsightly looking port-a-potties in prime space
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Trump Says He Will Sit For a Deposition For Social Media Lawsuit: ‘I Look Forward to It’
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-sa ... ard-to-it/
Former President Donald Trump said he will give a deposition for his lawsuit against social media companies — even though that means he’ll have to testify about the storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Trump sat for an interview to Bill O’Reilly after announcing his class action lawsuit against Twitter, Facebook and Google over his bans from the platforms in the wake of the violent insurrection carried out by his supporters on Jan. 6. As Trump slammed “bad people” in big tech, O’Reilly noted that the lawsuit was “unprecedented,” and he asked Trump how he’ll respond when social media companies argue in court that he was banned for inciting the riot.

Trump has a long history of threatening lawsuits that he doesn’t follow through with. O’Reilly noted “they’re gonna want to take a deposition from you” as part of the lawsuit’s discovery litigation, meaning Trump will be forced to give sworn testimony about January 6th.
“You gonna sit for a deposition?” O’Reilly asked.

“Sure. I mean, I look forward to it actually,” Trump replied. “I love talking about the election fraud.”

Trump sat for an interview to Bill O’Reilly after announcing his class action lawsuit against Twitter, Facebook and Google over his bans from the platforms in the wake of the violent insurrection carried out by his supporters on Jan. 6. As Trump slammed “bad people” in big tech, O’Reilly noted that the lawsuit was “unprecedented,” and he asked Trump how he’ll respond when social media companies argue in court that he was banned for inciting the riot.

“I didn’t,” Trump claimed. He went on by denying his involvement in the insurrection, complaining about the media, bragging about the size of the rally that turned into the riotous mob, and once again pushing his false claims about “the fraudulent election.”

Bill O'Reilly@BillOReilly

http://BillOReilly.com is loaded today. A clip of my interview with Donald Trump is in the Message of the Day slot. Also, my radio discussion with Sean Hannity is posted for all. Hope you check it out. The entire Trump interview tonight at six eastern.
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In mid-November, Trump secretly offered Barr’s job to John Ratcliffe. If Ratcliffe accepted, he’d be expected to refute the same briefings he’d provided as DNI, which said no foreign powers had conspired to corrupt voting machines.

He turned it down.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

June bug wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:53 am
Volkonski wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:51 am

Exactly what things did Hitler do that Trump thinks were good? :roll:
He made the trains run on time! /snark
Wasn't that Mussolini? BTW, I never hear the OSG making any comparisons to Mussoli. It's as if he never picked up a book about WW2 history. /snark
Largo al factotum.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Did Trump and his allies interfere with the Maricopa County election? Secretary of State Katie Hobbs wants an inquiry
YVONNE WINGETT SANCHEZ | Arizona Republic

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs on Wednesday asked Attorney General Mark Brnovich to open a criminal investigation into possible efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to influence Maricopa County supervisors as the ballots were still being tallied.

Hobbs said some of the communications “involve clear efforts to induce supervisors to refuse to comply with their duties,” which could violate Arizona law. She cited The Arizona Republic’s reporting last week on text messages and voicemails from the White House, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward to the Republican members of the Board of Supervisors.

“The reporting also includes firsthand statements from the victims of this potential crime,” Hobbs said. She cited at least one potential felony charge under Arizona law.

Brnovich did not immediately comment on Hobbs’ request, which was emailed directly to the attorney general shortly after 1 p.m.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/pol ... 894501002/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:27 pm
Retired or fired?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He wasn't "fired." His contract was simply not renewed.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:41 am

OK, heres an angle... you know all thise TV ads for LEGITIMATE charities like, say Fred Hollows (maybe thats just Australia), or C.A.R.E, or Medicins Sans Frontiere or whatever? The ad agencies get a cut of every doller donated, whether its donated thru somebody's will or was influenced by the ad agency campaign.

These LOLsuits are clearly obvious grifting campaigns, and all those guys surely have some vigorish attached.
Those ad agencies can and often do take as much as 90% of the donations they process.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Hey, when ya ain’t got the Tweet ya need just make one up, no one will notice. Right?
Rule 11 sanctions?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 895044002/
Even a cursory review of these lawsuits reveals big problems. The complaint in the Facebook lawsuit claims that on May 5, Rep. Adam Schiff, chair of the House Intelligence Committee, tweeted in reference to Donald Trump that “Facebook must ban him.” That’s true. Schiff did tweet that.

Here’s the tweet in full: “There's no Constitutional protection for using social media to incite an insurrection. Trump is willing to do anything for himself no matter the danger to our country. His big lies have cost America dearly. And until he stops, Facebook must ban him. Which is to say, forever.”

But in the lawsuit against Twitter, the very same tweet is quoted as saying: “There’s no Constitutional protection for using social media to incite an insurrection. Trump is willing to do anything for himself no matter the danger to our country. His big lies have cost America dearly. And until he stops, Twitter must ban him. Which is to say, forever.” (Emphasis added.)

In the YouTube lawsuit, the tweet has been doctored yet again to refer to YouTube.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Lani

Post by Lani »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:18 am
Trump told chief of staff Hitler ‘did a lot of good things’, book says
Not me. His dad was involved with the KKK and Hitler supporting fascists in NYC.

First wife said tfg kept a copy of Hitler's speeches on his nightstand. He responded that it was ok because a Jew (who he named) gave it him. The man said "nope." )That was 5 years ago, I forgot his name. He worked in finance, of course.)

His speeches are full of dog whistles about the supremacy of the white race and the need to stop non-whites from entering the US. He ordered brown children and babies to be ripped from their parents arms. He ridiculed people with disabilities.

Remember his video at the 1/6 rally?
Movie at the Ellipse: A Study in Fascist Propaganda
Scholars on the Nazis and anti-Semitism have seen this before
https://www.justsecurity.org/74504/movi ... ropaganda/

Tfg thinks Hitler did good things because he gave tfg a roadmap. And he's not done with it yet.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”