Assault on the Capitol (DC)

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by RTH10260 »

Former sheriff's lieutenant fired after posting from protest-turned-riot at the U.S. Capitol fighting to get her job back
Roxanne Mathai said she was wrongfully terminated and blamed political bias, but the Bexar County Sheriff's Office gave several other reasons for firing her.

Author: Henry Ramos (KENS 5)
Published: 10:12 PM CDT June 29, 2021
Updated: 10:12 PM CDT June 29, 2021

SAN ANTONIO — Fighting to get her job back. Fired Bexar County Sheriff's Lieutenant Roxanne Mathai said she was wrongfully terminated. In January, she posted photos from the protest that turned into a deadly siege at the U.S. Capitol. But she said she didn't do anything wrong. KENS 5 sat down with Mathai and her lawyer former Bexar County District Attorney Nico LaHood.

Mathai was with BCSO for eight years until she was fired just weeks ago. She had been under investigation and administrative leave since January after she made the posts on social media. KENS 5 asked Mathai why does she believe she was fired.

"In my opinion, political bias," she said.

January 6 was the day the U.S. Capitol was attacked. Mathai was there for former President Donald Trump's 'Save America' rally. In a statement to KENS 5, BCSO said she was dismissed for "participating" in the protest which evolved into a riot, and that she failed to report it to law enforcement or her supervisors.

"I never entered the capitol," she said. "I never got up the capitol stairs."

Mathai said she did not take part in the siege. She said she took to Facebook condemning the violence and shared posts with KENS 5. The posts were made on January 7.

"They are under the impression I was involved, and I was watching officers being assaulted and that I was part of this insurrection, which wasn't the truth at all," she said.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/loca ... c85e53e61f
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Florida pastors arrested in connection with Capitol riot

WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando
Published on 25 Jun 2021

A father and his son, both pastors at a Melbourne church as well as a congregant who provided evidence against them were all arrested Thursday in connection with the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, according to federal court filings.

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

She wants to be Wendy McLendon-Covey's character from Reno 911 soooo bad.
Estiveoshot_20210708_120106.jpg
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Viera High School teacher arrested on Capitol riot charges, records show

WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando

Published on 7 Jul 2021

A Viera High School teacher was arrested Tuesday on federal charges in connection with the Capitol riots on Jan. 6, court records show.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ima blocked from Gallups' Twitter. Can someone get this message to him? He certainly will be interested and want to condemn these guys in Melbourne.
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:02 pm
Florida pastors arrested in connection with Capitol riot

WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando
Published on 25 Jun 2021

A father and his son, both pastors at a Melbourne church as well as a congregant who provided evidence against them were all arrested Thursday in connection with the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, according to federal court filings.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:59 am https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/flor ... &stream=to

Some Floriduh Republicans are holding a "Free Our Patriots" rally, calling for the Jan. 6 insurrectionists to be released. This will become the new normal in the party. There is no bottom.
So they AREN'T Antifa in disguise? I'm so confused.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! Feds make this forthright argument in motion to hold new Jan 6 defendant Michael Perkins in jail

"Defendant was a spoke in the wheel that caused the historic events of Jan 6.... he is thus a danger to our society and a threat to the peaceful functioning of our community"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds touristy.

“Armed insurrection”

Items carried at US Capitol by some in the mob, per court filings:

Guns, bear spray, hockey stick, baseball bat, taser, sharpened flagpole, knives, scissors, tourniquet, plastic knuckles, lacrosse stick

Add:

Tomahawk ax
Zip ties
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Obviously they were gonna set up a game of Lacross later. Or maybe Wrestling.
Hic sunt dracones
slq

Post by slq »

Oh good. I don't have to sell my car:
WASHINGTON — Japanese automaker Toyota announced Thursday it will stop contributing to Republican members of Congress who on Jan. 6 voted against certifying the 2020 election results after a PAC said it would begin running ads criticizing companies for such donations.

Toyota's decision to donate to those lawmakers after Jan. 6 "troubled some stakeholders," and for that reason "we have decided to stop contributing to those Members of Congress," the company said in a statement.

The move came after an announcement by the Lincoln Project, a PAC formed by Republicans to defeat then-President Donald Trump in 2020, that it would target corporations that donated to Republicans who opposed the formalization of Joe Biden's 2020 presidential victory. An advertisement aimed at Toyota ran on Thursday.

"Toyota made the right choice today," the Lincoln Project posted on Twitter after Toyota's reversal.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... n-n1273407
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

They probably meant to say "Toyota finally made the right choice today."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/florid ... 021-07-08/
Florida group charged with attack on police during U.S. Capitol riot

Four people from the Tampa Bay area — Olivia Pollock, Joshua Doolin, Joseph Hutchinson and Michael Perkins — were arrested on June 30, prosecutors said. A fifth person, Jonathan Daniel Pollock, has not been apprehended.

Justice Department lawyers said all of the defendants except Doolin attacked police officers on Jan. 6, at times using makeshift weapons like stolen riot shields and flagpoles.

Prosecutors accused Perkins of thrusting a flagpole into the chest of a police officer. They charged Jonathan Pollock with dragging two police officers down a set of stairs and ramming a stolen police shield into an officer's throat.

Jonathan Pollock's sister, Olivia Pollock, repeatedly tried to rip away officers' batons, prosecutors said.

Hutchinson allegedly kicked officers who were trying to prevent rioters from breaching the Capitol grounds.
Tourists. Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ARRAIGNMENT at 1030am in Jan 6 case of Leonard Ridge

Ridge of Pennsylvania is accused of saying "America First B***h" upon entering Capitol and using Snapchat to say he raided Nancy Pelosi's office

At first he bragged about being on TV during Insurrection, then he made himself scarce, according to feds
The sequence of events in the case of Jonathan Pollock, who remains at large this morning ==>
Interesting comments on the second thread. Here's Pollock's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/tommy.pollock.376
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New video coming out. Vulgar language warning.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

What country is this in? Or is this old-school video from Walmart's Black Friday rush into the doors?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So.... this gives new meaning to the phrase "fake news"

Prosecutors charge Matt Purse of California in Jan 6 case

Feds allege Purse falsely claimed to be a member of media while amid the mob... including with his noteworthy helmet ==>
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Only just found out that Stewart Rhodes, a former firearms instructor, lost the sight in one eye due to dropping his own gun. I really shouldn’t be grinning.

“Stewart Rhodes eye patch: What happened to Oath Keepers founder's eye?”:
https://www.thefocus.news/tv/stewart-rhodes-eye-patch/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:25 pm Only just found out that Stewart Rhodes, a former firearms instructor, lost the sight in one eye due to dropping his own gun. I really shouldn’t be grinning.

To bad he wasn't a sharp shooter that day....

I'll see myself out :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/09/us/p ... ticleShare
It was shortly after federal agents confronted him in May outside a boutique hotel in Lubbock, Texas, seizing his cellphone with a warrant, that Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia, made a bold decision: Even though he had just gotten undeniable proof that he was under investigation, he agreed to be questioned about his — and his militia’s — role in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Against the advice of a lawyer, Mr. Rhodes spoke freely with the agents about the Capitol assault for nearly three hours, he said in an interview on Friday. Mr. Rhodes said that he denied that he or any other Oath Keepers had intended to disrupt Congress’ certification of the Electoral College vote — the chief accusation the government has lodged against 16 members of the group who are charged with conspiracy.

He also said he told the agents that members of his militia went into the building only after they had heard that someone had been shot inside and wanted to render aid. (A New York Times visual investigation of the events of Jan. 6 did not find evidence of Mr. Rhodes’ claims.)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:25 pm Only just found out that Stewart Rhodes, a former firearms instructor, lost the sight in one eye due to dropping his own gun. I really shouldn’t be grinning.

"If you own a gun, it's more likely to be used on you or a family/friend than a bad guy"
Karma's a bitch
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Real snake handlers get bitten. Real farmers lose fingers and/or limbs. Real gun owners injure or kill themselves or family members or friends. All non-real people are snowflakes. Only snowflakes bother with safety rules.
Largo al factotum.
somerset

Post by somerset »

zekeb wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:28 pm Real snake handlers get bitten. Real farmers lose fingers and/or limbs. Real gun owners injure or kill themselves or family members or friends. All non-real people are snowflakes. Only snowflakes bother with safety rules.
Damn straight!!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Has anyone ever heard of this Julie Kelly character who's making up all the whitewashers' talking points, like this idea that nonviolent insurrectionists are being held without bail in solitary confinement?

Has she made any other outlandish claims about anything before?

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/t ... -prisoners

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”