Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

These people suck. They are bad people.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

Post by Luke »

And there won't be a Rush Hudson Limbaugh IV.

Faux:
Published 5 hours ago
Rush Limbaugh's widow announces virtual memorial service for radio legend in coming weeks
Limbaugh died last week at age 70
By David Rutz | Fox News

Kathryn Limbaugh announced Monday that there will be a virtual memorial service for her late husband, conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh, in the coming weeks."We are in the initial stages of planning a celebration of life that will be able to be viewed by all of the audience and friends and extended family at some point in the near future. We don't have an exact date just yet, we're working on some of the logistics," she said, noting the virtual ceremony was due to the coronavirus pandemic.

On Monday's edition of "The Rush Limbaugh Show," Kathryn Limbaugh discussed how she met and married Rush and how her initial impression of him didn't meet the way he was portrayed in the media. She then took phone calls from longtime listeners of the program who discussed the connections he made with them through the radio. "We had somebody who could help us feel the words he was saying, and then we could put that to our everyday life," one caller said. "He made us feel like he was us."

Rush Limbaugh died on Wednesday at age 70 from complications due to lung cancer. The host of the "The Rush Limbaugh Show" since 1988, he became one the most listened-to radio personalities in the country and one of the most influential figures in modern conservatism.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limb ... al-service

Daily Beast:
Rush Limbaugh Spent His Lifetime Speaking Ill of the Dead
LORD OF THE LIES
OPINION William Thomas Cain
He pioneered a style of commodified white ethnonationalistic sadism. He made his already-tedious listeners even less funny.
Updated Feb. 22, 2021 6:05PM ET / Published Feb. 17, 2021 8:49PM ET

Conventional etiquette dictates that we do not speak ill of the dead. But Rush Limbaugh isn’t just any dead guy. He’s a dead guy who made himself a multimillionaire many times over by targeting immigrants, women who use birth control, the preteen daughters of politicians, the Obamas, rape survivors, environmentalists, gay people, Asians, Latinos, Black people, and feminists. He popularized the term “feminazi,” a word that stupid assholes fling at women who won’t fuck them to this very day. He said that white people can’t be blamed for slavery, as they have done more than anybody else to end slavery. He mocked the intelligence of Black athletes and villainized the ones who protested against police brutality.

Twenty-five years ago, the great Molly Ivins noticed Limbaugh’s schtick of targeting “dead people, little girls, and the homeless,” an act that only accelerated as he approached the end of his life and his own death approached. He spoke ill of people who died of AIDS, of people who died by suicide, of people who were dying of Parkinson’s disease, and unarmed Black children who were murdered under racist pretenses. When Robin Williams died by suicide in 2014, Limbaugh attributed it to a problem with Hollywood and, by extension, leftism. “If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist’s worldview, it's one of pessimism and darkness, sadness,” he said on his show. “They're never happy, are they? They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry.” Similarly, “Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, a worthless shred of human debris.” And Jerry Garcia, who died of a heart attack, was “just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.”

Limbaugh didn’t have anything nice to say after legendary New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner died in 2010. “That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires,” said Limbaugh, displaying his trademark sensitivity and tact. After 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman in 2012, Limbaugh defended the boy’s killer. Zimmerman, he said, “just loves law enforcement, and he's a self-appointed Neighborhood Watch commander, and he wanted to protect his neighborhood, and he just got a little overzealous and so forth.” And so forth. The radio host also mocked then-candidate Joe Biden over the death of his wife and child in 1972 and more recently, his son Beau in 2015. “And if you dare talk about it that way, they’re going to be climbing down your chili. ‘You can’t be mean to Biden.’ See, Biden is a sympathetic figure. We’re supposed to feel sorry for Biden. Do you know why? Because his wife died in a car accident, and then his beloved son Beau Biden died from brain cancer. We’re supposed to feel sorry.” Limbaugh then lamented the fact that the media wasn’t adequately giving then-President Donald Trump space to grieve the death of his brother, whom Trump had spent less than an hour visiting when he was in the hospital before he died.
But perhaps the most bracing example of Limbaugh’s complete lack of respect for the dead were his infamous “AIDS Updates” in the 1980s, where he would read the names of gay and bi men who had died of AIDS while Dionne Warwick’s “I’ll Never Love This Way Again” played in the background. He sometimes called AIDS “the Rock Hudson Disease,” after the closeted actor who’d died of AIDS. “When a gay person turns their back on you,” he once quipped, “it’s not an insult, it’s an invitation.”
Limbaugh set standards in the ugly, roach-infested corner of the media he occupied. He pioneered a style of commodified white ethnonationalistic sadism. He made his already-tedious listeners even less funny. Hillbilly Elegy author J.D. Vance wagged his finger at those who dare articulate why they did not like Rush Limbaugh, writing that he wished “people could honor a person who changed media forever without being cruel.” But that wouldn’t be honestly honoring a person who changed media by being gleefully, gratuitously cruel. Yes, Limbaugh changed media forever, but he changed it forever in much the same way that a dark brown skid mark changes a pair of men’s briefs.

In addition to all of his purposeful shock-jockery— like playing peppy music as he sarcastically celebrated AIDS deaths—Limbaugh also perfected a particular type of brazen truth-telling: confessing by accusing. Trump’s “No Puppet, No Puppet, You’re The Puppet” children’s nursery rhyme was a poor imitation of some of Limbaugh’s virtuosic hypocrisy. Like how Limbaugh called law student Sandra Fluke a slut for using birth control when he was, at the time, on his fourth human woman wife and yet had sired zero children (after advertisers started jumping ship, he apologized to Fluke). Either Limbaugh had sexually chaste marriages, was infertile, had the best luck in the world with a very unreliable method of “natural” birth control, or his wives had used birth control like that “slut” Sandra Fluke. Limbaugh, who was fat before the cancer, also had a problem with fat people. He called former First Lady Michelle Obama “Moochelle,” to make fun of her weight. Limbaugh famously advocated for tough sentencing for first-time drug offenders. Limbaugh hated drugs, big time… until he went to rehab for a drug addiction of his own. Limbaugh, not exactly a George Clooney, railed against “feminists”—in some cases the raging feminism hard-ons these women supposedly had were products of Limbaugh’s imagination—for not being attractive enough for him. No women anywhere were hot enough for him.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/rush-limb ... f-the-dead
on his fourth human woman wife and yet had sired zero children
Well, there's that.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Rush Limbaugh Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... r-to-lower
Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried (D) on Monday said that she will direct offices under her purview to disregard Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R) order to lower flags to half-staff to commemorate the late conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool. Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor's forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division,” Fried said in a statement Monday.

“Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them,” she added. “Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

Fried was elected to office independently of DeSantis and has been a frequent critic of the governor.
Cross Posted
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Rush Limbaugh Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.kmov.com/news/rush-limbaugh ... _id=990844
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Conservative media icon Rush Limbaugh was laid to rest in a St. Louis cemetery.

Limbaugh, who was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri in 1951, died at the age of 70 on Feb. 17, 2021 after a battle with lung cancer. Sources told News 4 he was laid to rest Wednesday at the Bellefontaine Cemetery at 4947 West Florissant Avenue in north St. Louis.

Bellefontaine Cemetery was established in 1849 and has over 87,000 graves on its 314 acres. Many soldiers from the American Civil War along with local and state politicians have been buried at the cemetery alongside notable figures such as Adolphus Busch and William Clark.
Rush Limbaugh Burial

The cemetery is also home to a number of architecturally significant monuments and mausoleums, including the Louis Sullivan-designed Wainwright Tomb, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Gee, didn’t DFO attend. :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Nobody truly listened closely to Hush Bimbo. I did, every great once and awhile. But I knew what his M.O. was.

He used to say it periodically, "I'm an entertainer...". He was even quoted as saying that he would've just as easily posed as a liberal talk show host, but he knew he could make better money posing as a conservative one.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I think Rush used the "I'm just an entertainer" meme to excuse his racisst and misogynistic rants. I think he believed what he spouted. He converted my brother to the dark side and I will never forgive him for that.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:03 am I think Rush used the "I'm just an entertainer" meme to excuse his racisst and misogynistic rants. I think he believed what he spouted. He converted my brother to the dark side and I will never forgive him for that.
To me, it doesn't matter whether he believed it or not. He knew other people believed him when he said it. In fact, he counted on other people believing him so he could line his pockets.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
filly

Post by filly »

Interesting that the pieces above don't mention his decades of hatred and insults toward Hillary and Bill Clinton. He often used the term "feminazi" and Hillary interchangeably. He was part of the decades of hatred and smears that were directed at Hillary so that people "hated" her but didn't really know why.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

filly wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:19 am Interesting that the pieces above don't mention his decades of hatred and insults toward Hillary and Bill Clinton. He often used the term "feminazi" and Hillary interchangeably. He was part of the decades of hatred and smears that were directed at Hillary so that people "hated" her but didn't really know why.
That last statement is really true! I had a friend who listened to him ALL the time. She hated Hillary and Obama, but could never say what they had done so wrong.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:49 am
filly wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:19 am Interesting that the pieces above don't mention his decades of hatred and insults toward Hillary and Bill Clinton. He often used the term "feminazi" and Hillary interchangeably. He was part of the decades of hatred and smears that were directed at Hillary so that people "hated" her but didn't really know why.
That last statement is really true! I had a friend who listened to him ALL the time. She hated Hillary and Obama, but could never say what they had done so wrong.
Dittos, to put it in Rush parlance, except mine is a family member. And he doesn't even listen all the time, just enough to be poisoned.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I listened to Rush a few times back when he first started on the air while Bush the Elder was in office. I knew he was dangerous. His lies were clever and seductive. His goal was to portray Democrats as evil, all of them. He used half truths and outright lies to accomplish that goal. He did it day after day incessantly. He got good ratings and that got him on the big AM stations in almost every city - 600 stations altogether.

His timing was lucky . The Reagan administration had ended the fairness doctrine so stations could carry Rush for 3 hours without having to give equal time for opposing views. He paved the way for the Gingrich Republican revolution in 1994. The damage he did to this country is incalculable.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:03 am I think Rush used the "I'm just an entertainer" meme to excuse his racisst and misogynistic rants. I think he believed what he spouted. He converted my brother to the dark side and I will never forgive him for that.
Of course, you're entitled to believe what you will. But at least we can concur that Rush was a P.O.S. IMO rush was an opportunistic, selfish, lying asshole who's M.O. was obtaining as much money (and perhaps fame) as was possible. My time with the Feds showed me that most of those in the Federal Government, around it, or smelling of it, don't give a shit about politics. They're good at making YOU believe they are though. That's why I left my job forever. I had a fucking conscience.

I'm sorry for your (idealogical) loss. Rush idolizers are the most chumped of the Right side of the aisle. I was raised by one.

Perhaps the right wing nuts on my mothers side and the left wing nuts on my fathers side made what I am today.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

jadedmonk wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 pm
Perhaps the right wing nuts on my mothers side and the left wing nuts on my fathers side made what I am today.
A left nutter is known as a moonbat :D
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 pm
jadedmonk wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 pm
A left nutter is known as a moonbat :D
lol

I had heard that before, but didn't know what it meant. Thank you, and thank you urban dictionary:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moonbat
Reality Check

Re: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

Post by Reality Check »

How could we have missed commemorating the first anniversary of this worthless blob of protoplasm's death? I will just have to celebrate it a month late on St. Patty's day. He is still dead after all. Here's to you rotting in the ground asshole! :dance:
sad-cafe

Re: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Is Dead. “Just another dead doper. And a dirtbag.” "Worthless shred of human debris"

Post by sad-cafe »

may dotard join him soon
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

and Putin.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ditto!

(what? too soon?)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:blackeye: Obviously, not soon enough.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:52 pm :blackeye: Obviously, not soon enough.
:thumbsup: I've been hoping for OSG and Putin to join Limbaugh from the day I found out that Limbaugh kicked the bucket. Otherwise known as "maybe there IS a God day".
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”