Weather Alerts

Volkonski
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

TD 14 has become TS Milton.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Weather Alerts

Post by poplove »

@DittiePE
Finally, and thankfully, I heard from a friend today that lives in Asheville, North Carolina.

Here’s what they had to say:
(Posting with their permission)

Just checking in to say hi. We have power back as of late Thursday night. Most don’t know, I’m actually in Asheville NC and it has been physically and mentally exhausting.

If y’all will do me a favor, if you ever hear anyone saying how poor the response was to Helene in our area, is just gaslighting bullshit yo [sic] help try and turn our blue dot red! The NCGOP is just reconvening October 9th to address disaster funding (talk about late to the fucking party)!

They have been politicizing this before it even hit. Just want facts out there! It’s sad that FEMA had to post a “facts versus rumors” web page, all thanks to the lies republicans are spewing.
So that’s my brief story for right now. I just wanted to check in and say hello and bitch a little bit (imagine that) 😅
—-
I think it’s pretty clear who’s doing the work and who’s not.

Why is it taking the
@NCGOP
a week to even meet up, let alone, discuss funding and hurricane relief ?

#DemVoice1
#DemsUnited
#USDemocracy

(Also NC)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Weather Alerts

Post by neonzx »

Wait I is confused. I thought the feds and dod were doing nothing. That's not a private Helicopter.
MN-Skeptic

Weather Alerts

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A person I follow on Twitter is warning Floridians who might want to evacuate ahead of Milton that areas north of them are still recovering from Helene. Oh my.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Weather Alerts

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

As a licensed professional (engineer in my case) in the state of Michigan, I occasionally get medical news from the state. Here is today's update:
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), in coordination with the Michigan Health and Hospital Association (MHA) and federal partners, is monitoring impacts related to the closure of the Baxter North Cove production facility in North Carolina following Hurricane Helene. This facility produces at least 60% of the company’s intravenous (IV) and peritoneal dialysis solutions. While the FDA has not declared any new shortages related to products produced at the facility, health care entities should implement appropriate product management and conservation measures.

Background

Baxter's North Cove Plant in Marion, North Carolina, experienced flooding from Hurricane Helene and is currently closed for production. This plant specializes in the production of IV and peritoneal dialysis solutions and makes up about 60% of the company’s production. Baxter continues to assess damage. They are working with their other facilities to increase supply to reduce risk of shortages. Some Baxter products have been placed on allocations. This notice about product allocations was sent to customers on October 1, 2024.

Baxter is actively working with the FDA, HHS, and other government partners to assess supply chain impacts of their products in the U.S. As of October 1, 2024, the FDA has not declared any shortages related to the products produced at the North Cove Plant.

MDHHS continues to work with the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Region 5 on the full impacts of the plant closure and any mitigation plans.

MDHHS expects to begin tracking hospital supply of these resources to gain a better understanding of supply across the state.

Recommendations for Health Care Providers

Review Baxter’s guidance for healthcare entities on management and conservation of supplies. Implement appropriate conservations measures in accordance with facility policy.
Review the ECRI report designed to help health care providers navigate shortages caused by this facility closure.
Health care entities who are nearing a shortage of these supplies should contact their regional healthcare coalition. This will allow for local, regional, state and federal coordination.
If a facility does not have adequate supply for a patient, they should be referred to the nearest emergency room.
Estiveo
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by Estiveo »

My dialysis clinic has been warning that a potential saline shortage MAY require them to reduce treatments for a while.
Image Image Image Image
Rolodex

Weather Alerts

Post by Rolodex »

Haywood County Sheriff Bill Wilke addressed the online rhetoric as well, cautioning those who use social media and make assumptions about FEMA or emergency management team's response to the storm.

“The rumors and the misinformation are being generated by a very small number of people. Far as my agency is concerned, I'm focusing on the people who are wearing boots and gloves and doing muck-outs and spending, in some cases, 18 hours a day working just to find family heirlooms that have been lost. My effort is on them,” Wilke said. “I've been out in the field, and I've seen what's happening, and those voices are of no concern to me, and I'm asking the residents of this county to focus on what's good. You've got residents in this county without power, without immediate access to transportation, food or water, who, without any regard for their own safety, go next door to their neighbor's house and do things like help them find their cattle, things that presented a livelihood that no longer exist.”

Wilke said he has little patience for conspiracy theorists and falsities spread through social media.

“I would encourage the good, the good residents of Western North Carolina to turn that garbage off. I have very little patience for it. I don't mean to get emotional about it, but you're harming the morale and the efforts of people who are out there putting themselves in harm's way to help others who have been impacted,” Wilke said. "Get off Facebook, and get out there in a pair of boots and put on a pair of gloves and get to work.”

Chairman Kevin Ensley of the Haywood County Board of Commissioners added that Haywood’s emergency management teams have been in the field 24/7 since Thursday morning.

“They set this up a week beforehand. So to say something that some of our emergency personnel aren’t working is totally false,” Ensley said.

FEMA personnel were on the ground in all six states prior to the storm making landfall, including search and rescue teams, the Army Corps of Engineers, Environmental Protection Agency, Health and Human Services, and the Department of Defense, Criswell added.

“Then once we knew where the impacts were, then working with the governor's team, sending them out to the areas that had the greatest need,” Criswell said. “I think one of the most important resources that we had on the ground was our Incident Management Assistance Teams that embed with the governor's team, so we have a clear line of communication to move things quickly once we know where the impacts are going to happen.”
Haywood County is where my house is. I keep up with events through the Mountaineer. It's a local paper that's fantastic and super well written. I think it's trusted throughout the area. This article is so good. I'm sick of all the naysaying lies and garbage I've seen about how bad the response has been.

https://www.themountaineer.com/news/u-s ... 18096.html
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Weather Alerts

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:01 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:55 pm Tropical Depression 14 has formed in the Gulf of Mexico. Forecast has it becoming a hurricane and making landfall in western Florida next week.
What has Ron Desantis done to deserve that :?: :think:
optimusprime

Weather Alerts

Post by optimusprime »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:46 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:01 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:55 pm Tropical Depression 14 has formed in the Gulf of Mexico. Forecast has it becoming a hurricane and making landfall in western Florida next week.
What has Ron Desantis done to deserve that :?: :think:
There must be someone named Job living in the area...
Volkonski
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

National Hurricane Center forecast now has Milton becoming a major hurricane.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by Slim Cognito »

I am relieved I got out but I am so worried for all my friends. Some of them took quite a beating with Helene.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
John Thomas8

Weather Alerts

Post by John Thomas8 »

Kirk looks like it's going to hook back towards Europe, Leslie is vaguely aimed at the Carolinas coast.
RTH10260

Weather Alerts

Post by RTH10260 »

Can't help me to be reminded of the ME ME ME - vote for #45 and he will pull out his sharpie :twisted:
RTH10260

Weather Alerts

Post by RTH10260 »

ps. just did see a news item where they predicted more and stronger tropical storms crossing from the Carribean over to Europe this season and expect more and severe downpours on the continent. Having observed the weather pattern over the last couple of years for the UK and Ireland they are in for some real nasty times.

pps. The nasty weather this year in the UK has led to a decrease in farm produce by about 20% of normal harvest. Seeds and young plants got soaked and killed in the fields, and then had never really good weather to grow.
neonzx

Weather Alerts

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:24 am Can't help me to be reminded of the ME ME ME - vote for #45 and he will pull out his sharpie :twisted:
Or he can just drop a nuclear bomb into the storm. (the moment I knew he was a complete retard)
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Weather Alerts

Post by poplove »

@johnpavlovitz
From a friend in the Asheville area. They can’t even accommodate the influx of random donations. Contributing to coordinated efforts is the only productive way to help.
neonzx

Weather Alerts

Post by neonzx »

Should we make a separate thread for Storm Recoveries? Helene is gone but more Alerts are on the way from other threats.
Rolodex

Weather Alerts

Post by Rolodex »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:31 am ps. just did see a news item where they predicted more and stronger tropical storms crossing from the Carribean over to Europe this season and expect more and severe downpours on the continent. Having observed the weather pattern over the last couple of years for the UK and Ireland they are in for some real nasty times.

pps. The nasty weather this year in the UK has led to a decrease in farm produce by about 20% of normal harvest. Seeds and young plants got soaked and killed in the fields, and then had never really good weather to grow.
Good thing they have the EU...oh wait
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “General Stuff”