Campaign Signs 2024

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by poplove »

I saw two Harris signs next door to each other on my way home from an appointment. One house had lots of state and local Dem candidate signs as well.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Foggy »

I looked it up on Goog Maps (not really knowing there even was any Illinois more northerly than Chicago) and I found the Fox River too also. So I was in the right place.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fox River sounds familiar. I know he docks the boat on lake Marie on the chain of lakes close to Antioch. I was told it was Kyle Rittenhouse country.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:36 pm Fox River sounds familiar. I know he docks the boat on lake Marie on the chain of lakes close to Antioch. I was told it was Kyle Rittenhouse country.
The Fox River goes through the whole chain of lakes. That side of the county is more GOP than the rest, though it is slowly changing with the suburban growth out there. McHenry, the next county over, is definitely GOP land.

And yes, Rittenhouse was from Antioch. I also know others from there are not Rittenhouse. I try not to write off one area due to the actions of one or two folks. Still, I would expect the area to be definitely GOP leaning for now.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:15 pm (not really knowing there even was any Illinois more northerly than Chicago)
Hello, I am in Illinois and around 25 miles north of Chicago. I am also around 20 miles south of the Wisconsin border (and where all the Wisconsin police cars wait to ticket all the FIPS* flying on I-94 on their way north).

► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:20 pm
Foggy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:15 pm (not really knowing there even was any Illinois more northerly than Chicago)
Hello, I am in Illinois and around 25 miles north of Chicago.
Yabbut, nobody tells me these things. :oopsy:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:20 pm :snippity:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by p0rtia »

I took a drive to Bennington today, went south through VT, and came back north in NY.

Fifty (5-0) miles.

Not. A. Single. Political. Sign. I have never seen this a month before an election.

But there was this:
Dirt Road in Autumn sm.jpg
Dirt Road in Autumn sm.jpg (202.25 KiB) Viewed 243 times
realist

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by realist »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:52 pm I took a drive to Bennington today, went south through VT, and came back north in NY.

Fifty (5-0) miles.

Not. A. Single. Political. Sign. I have never seen this a month before an election.

But there was this:

Same here. I've not seen any. My middle daughter lives about 30 miles from my house toward the Sandia mountains. There are many little villages between here and there, plus the town she lives in. Both in town and on that drive, zero signs for anyone. Same thing when I visit my eldest daughter about 20 miles away and all of it through town, not a single sign do I see for anyone. Not even local elections. Really odd. Usually the streets are filled with them.
Image X 4
Image X 33
realist

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by realist »

On the other hand, I have a friend who used to live here and a couple years ago moved to TX (around the Waco area). She lives in one of many small rural towns in the area.

She told me she was afraid for anyone to find out she was a Democrat as she may wake up with crosses burning on her lawn. :lol:

She tells me that each Saturday Trumpers parade through the small downtown with their signs and chants. That they even have boat parades on the lake. Her sister and brother-in-law live a short distance away and are very wealthy, multimillionairres. She tells me they are voting for Trump because they have been told that if Kamala is elected they will lose 80% of their wealth. :roll: These are well-educated people.

She did say there were more "closeted" Democrats than most people know, but it's still a small percentage.

I have two other friends who live about 15 miles from her, a "preacher" and his wife. They both post pro Trump things on FB, and I suspect is preaching it from his pulpit. About a week ago he posted the false meme about Walz recruiting gay boys. His own daughter replied and blasted him for posting such lies. She is a lesbian and had a very hard time while growing up, especially in high school, and she brought that to his attention and she asked him to quit doing that kind of crap. He has left the post up without replying to her. Nice "man of God." But like Trump, he was an adulterer, so birds of a feather and all that.
Image X 4
Image X 33
MN-Skeptic

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There are some presidential signs in the nearby neighborhood, but I'm seeing more local signs. The more common and larger signs are for the Republican replacement for our U.S. Representative. The seat is open because it was held by Dean Phillips, the Democrat who was attempting to run for President. (What an idiot.)
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
sugar magnolia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

I think 15 hours and 50 minutes riding in a car is my limit. We hit the interstate at 7:01 yesterday morning headed for Knoxville and pulled back up in the driveway at the house at 10:50 last night. Never made it to Knoxville, though. We made it to just over the GA line and hit backed up traffic (parked would be more accurate) 5 hours into a 7.5 hour trip. We sat, and sat, and sat. No place to pull off or turn around so we just sat in traffic. Over 2 hours on the highway to go 2.7 miles until we got to an exit. Got off on a 2 lane state rd thinking we could go around. Nope. 48 minutes to go 1.4 miles. It is now 5:00 and we still haven't even reached Chattanooga. Less than 18 miles to go and waze, google gps and the woman at the Circle K said a minimum of 3.5 hours to even get to there, plus the time it would take to get through town. Another 2.5 hours past that to get to Knoxville would have put us there close to midnight instead of the normal 3:30. We had to make regular stops because we also had a 3 year old with us. We finally turned around in a parking lot the first chance we got (another 20 minutes to even find that) and headed back home. 10 hours already in the car, and another 5 to get home. With a now-sick 3 year old. Even with multiple stops for diaper changes (we ran out in Meridian!) we still got home in half the time it had taken us to get there. Turns out there was an overturned 18 wheeler blocking all but half of one lane on I-59 past the I-24 merge at Moccasin Bend. It happened at 6:00 am and wasn't cleared until 6:00 pm.

On the bright side, the sweet MJ was an absolute trouper during the entire ride, even after she got sick. I would have been a raging lunatic if I had been strapped into a car seat for that long but she was an angel. And on the funny side, flying through Birmingham on a 5 lane highway and we saw one of my son's oldest friends in the lane next to us.

We saw a total of 4 political signs, all trump, but one was a trump/Pence, one nailed on the front of a house was so old it was faded so badly you could barely read it. I'm also counting the tattered flag we saw. Maybe a dozen signs for a local race posted on one corner in a vacant lot, and a single fairly large Harris sign set well back from the road in one yard. We went across half of Mississippi, through Alaboonies, cut across the tip of Georgia and not sure if we even made it across the Tennessee line. I expected to see many signs.
Rolodex

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Wow, sugar. what a nightmare. :bighug:

Down here in LA (lower Alabama) I see very few signs. Even our idiot rep doesn't have any out (he'll win so there's no point). I see some of old joe/ho, trum/pence faded and peeling car stickers. The trumped out truck with 100 stickers and flags doesn't park at my publix any more. Rarely see red hats. I don't miss any of it.

Maybe the bloom is off the rose; people are weary of the fandom. Although it sounds alive and well in realists' Waco area. I went to Baylor, so I'm not surprised. When I hear/see people talk about wrong stuff like the unrealized gains tax, I ask people where they got that information because I want to learn more. Usually they don't respond, so I come back with...hey I looked into that because I was really concerned and it turns out that...blahblahblah.

A guy on the lake where our cabin is has had a big ol turmp flag on his pontoon boat since 2016. During the primary season, he had a desantis flag, but after that fell flat put his turp 2024 flag on... but he didn't have it on every weekend.

I guess I forgot where I donated, but I got a tee and 2 tote bags in the mail today...khive harris swag. LOL
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by bill_g »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:52 pm I took a drive to Bennington today, went south through VT, and came back north in NY.

Fifty (5-0) miles.

But there was this:

Lovely road. Fall colors are beautiful. Thank you for sharing p0rtia.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

► Show Spoiler

Return to “US President”