More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Uninformed

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck: Kitten as her very own doggie. So sweet.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
AndyinPA
Verified:

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Slim Cognito
Verified:

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by Slim Cognito »

Seals are dog mermaids. :lovestruck:

Fight me.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

Baby gorilla Kintaro and his family. Kintaro is practicing beating on his chest several times throughout this video, but he's so small he loses his balance whenever his tries this. He plays with his older brother Gentaro and also gets attention from his father, silverback Momotaro. Kentaro's mother Genki comes to his rescue a couple of times when play gets a little rough. Big brother is quite a big older and larger than little baby Kintaro, so things can get a bit rough when they play. This gorilla family live at the Kyoto City Zoo in Kyoto, Japan.

--Jane Goodall
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by northland10 »

RVInit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:18 pm Kintaro is practicing beating on his chest several times throughout this video, but he's so small he loses his balance whenever his tries this.
I may have had a few nights like that in college.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:44 am
RVInit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:18 pm Kintaro is practicing beating on his chest several times throughout this video, but he's so small he loses his balance whenever his tries this.
I may have had a few nights like that in college.
:rotflmao:

--Jane Goodall
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

More gorilla goodness. Kwame is a gentle silverback, and keeps a peaceful family

--Jane Goodall
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RTH10260 »

My guess this shows an adaption to life in captivity, a protected environment, where the silverback no longer needs to protect his harem against other suitors and wildlife.
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:27 am My guess this shows an adaption to life in captivity, a protected environment, where the silverback no longer needs to protect his harem against other suitors and wildlife.
I'm not by any means an expert on gorilla behavior, but from what I have read this is actually pretty common behavior even in the wild. Silverbacks in the wild apparently are well known to be very affectionate to their young, even sometimes allowing them to sleep in the same nest with them.

But you are absolutely correct, they also are responsible for protecting their territory and their wimmenfolk. Both fierce and gentle.

--Jane Goodall
pipistrelle

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by pipistrelle »

Infant gorillas have a white spot where a tail would be. It has a function.
A small white tuft of hair on their rump distinguishes infants up to four years old. The white patch helps the mother keep track of the infant and assists other group members in identifying the gorilla as an infant.
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/west ... nd-gorilla
RVInit

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:35 pm Infant gorillas have a white spot where a tail would be. It has a function.
A small white tuft of hair on their rump distinguishes infants up to four years old. The white patch helps the mother keep track of the infant and assists other group members in identifying the gorilla as an infant.
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/west ... nd-gorilla
I learned about that fairly recently as well. I love the "get out of jail free" aspect of it. :lol: You won't see an adult gorilla approach the silverback and poke him in the butt.

--Jane Goodall

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”