New Turtle

JD Vance, fake hillbilly, is tfg's vice presidential candidate

Post by New Turtle »

LOL "because cats love drama"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:21 pm Image
I know no-one cares, and really I don't either, but for the sake of accuracy you cant say "telling a crowd of 10" when there's more than 10 people in your photos and what's in your photo is obviously just the edge of the crowd.

He's getting crappy numbers anyway, there's no need to exaggerate the crappy numbers even more. It just feeds "They iz lyen" ammo to the propagandists.
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It could be he meant "a crowd of 10s" and the s got dropped. Even so, sloppy at best.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:17 pm It could be he meant "a crowd of 10s" and the s got dropped. Even so, sloppy at best.
Ya, I could go with that explanation.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:50 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:21 pm
I know no-one cares, and really I don't either, but for the sake of accuracy you cant say "telling a crowd of 10" when there's more than 10 people in your photos and what's in your photo is obviously just the edge of the crowd.

He's getting crappy numbers anyway, there's no need to exaggerate the crappy numbers even more. It just feeds "They iz lyen" ammo to the propagandists.
Well, that was two weeks ago. I believe KWV is correct. The poster likely meant to say '10s'. Some of his outdoor gatherings attract more media than spectators.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

poplove wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:09 pm
@TheDailyShow
Troy Iwata gets to the bottom of the Springfield cat mystery
My entire family is laughing their ass off over this.

It describes my sister-in-law's cat, Daisy, to a tee.

That cat is every psycho ex-girlfriend from every two bit slasher flick ever made.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The ear bandage is a nice touch.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

OUR VIEW: JD Vance’s behavior is unbecoming of his office
“If a leader does what it takes to win power and keep it, his methods will always be reckoned honourable and widely praised. The crowd is won over by appearances and final results.” - Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do,” Vice Presidential candidate and U.S. Senator JD Vance said in an interview this weekend.
Editorial from Springfield Ohio. Worth the free click.

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/idea ... AW6GCI2WU/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It occurred to me this AM that Vance's "I'm gonna keep calling them illegal aliens because that law that Kamala passed [sic] is unconstitutional and outrageous" argument is just the latest iteration of Sov Cit BS about why they don't have to follow any laws.

And all the king's horses....
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

John Oliver got around to talking about the Haitian claim by Vance and Trump at the beginning of his show last night.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Even the hardest piece of feces leaves a little stain when you throw it against the wall. That's all Vance wanted. It strengthened the resolve of a few cult members. I doubt it picked up many new votes. OTOH it probably cost Trump many undecided votes.
Largo al factotum.
HoperUp

Post by HoperUp »

zekeb wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:59 pm Even the hardest piece of feces leaves a little stain when you throw it against the wall. That's all Vance wanted. It strengthened the resolve of a few cult members. I doubt it picked up many new votes. OTOH it probably cost Trump many undecided votes.
Harsh words about JD Vance! Do you think Trump's choice of VP will hurt him in the long run?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

HoperUp wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:46 pm
zekeb wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:59 pm Even the hardest piece of feces leaves a little stain when you throw it against the wall. That's all Vance wanted. It strengthened the resolve of a few cult members. I doubt it picked up many new votes. OTOH it probably cost Trump many undecided votes.
Harsh words about JD Vance! Do you think Trump's choice of VP will hurt him in the long run?
Picking Vance didn't help or hurt when President Biden was the opposition. Now that Harris is the opponent, Vance is a liability.
Largo al factotum.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

First chance Vance gets he will 25th the orange one to become the President if the orange one is elected.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:00 pm First chance Vance gets he will 25th the orange one to become the President if the orange one is elected.
Nope. Vance's endgame is the presidency and the path forward for him is to be Trump's loyal supporter. He thinks he can step into Trump's shoes if he's loyal enough. Won't work though. He's not Trump.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

Cross-posting.
Haitian nonprofit in Springfield files criminal charges against Donald Trump, JD Vance
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... p-jd-vance
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Without reading it, I can tell you that a nonprofit can't possibly file criminal charges against anyone. They can ask. Politely.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:52 pm Without reading it, I can tell you that a nonprofit can't possibly file criminal charges against anyone. They can ask. Politely.
And that's basically what the article says if you would go and read it.
The Chandra Law Firm says the nonprofit used a state statute allowing private citizens to 'file an affidavit charging the offense committed.'
Through the filing, the nonprofit asks the court to affirm probable cause and to issue arrest warrants.

The court must have a hearing before rejecting the affidavit as part of the legal process.
But, IANAL so :shrug:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Haitian nonprofit files criminal charges against Donald Trump, JD Vance over Springfield statements
Affidavit uses state statute allowing private citizens to file charges

The Chandra Law Firm says the nonprofit used a state statute allowing private citizens to "file an affidavit charging the offense committed."

The following charges were filed:

Disrupting public service — by causing widespread bomb and other threats that resulted in massive disruptions to the public services in Springfield, Ohio;

Making false alarms — by knowingly causing alarm in the Springfield community by continuing to repeat lies that state and local officials have said were false;

Committing telecommunications harassment — by spreading claims they know to be false during the presidential debate, campaign rallies, nationally televised interviews, and social media;

Committing aggravated menacing in violation — by knowingly making intimidating statements with the intent to abuse, threaten, or harass the recipients, including Trump’s threat to deport immigrants who are here legally to Venezuela, a land they have never known;

Committing aggravated menacing — by knowingly causing others to falsely believe that members of Springfield's Haitian community would cause serious physical harm to the person or property of others in Springfield; and

Violating the prohibition against complicity — by conspiring with one another and spreading vicious lies that caused innocent parties to be parties to their various crimes.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:57 pm And that's basically what the article says if you would go and read it.
I'm sure that's true, but the headline says nonprofit in Springfield files criminal charges and it's my prerogative not to read anything with such a stupid headline. If a normal person reads that headline, they might think Trump and Vance are actually already facing criminal charges in Springfield. Which, it's a lovely thing to ask for, but the chances are probably less than zero.

I am increasingly annoyed by 1) stupid headlines, when it isn't really difficult to write a decent one, and 2) smart, witty, wonderful memes with stupid spelling errors, when it takes much less time to check your spelling than it does to think up and create the meme.

Y'all remember I'm the president of the Grumpy People on Fogbow, I think. :mad:

They filed an affidavit. They didn't file criminal charges. If you have been here for a while, you already know the difference. :P
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:13 pm Y'all remember I'm the president of the Grumpy People on Fogbow, I think. :mad:
:lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:oopsy:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So he goes to a supermarket to rant about how expensive a dozen eggs are....

He's standing in front of a display with prices that belie his claims, while holding a 24 pack of eggs....
IMG_2888.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg (193.34 KiB) Viewed 90 times
June bug

Post by June bug »

:gotalink:

Thanks!

Return to “Current Politics”