TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby checked the stated value of the shares when this venture started - $.79!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

earlier this year:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/09/djt-stock-price-trump-media wrote:Tue 9 Apr 2024 14.58 CEST
Donald Trump’s media and technology group, DJT, has lost about 36% of its value since it began publicly trading on 22 March, dropping the former president’s stake to about $2.8bn.

As of Monday afternoon, DJT stock was priced at about $36 – down from a high of $66 seen on 27 March. But market analysts are saying it’s too soon to draw any firm conclusions from the depreciation because the stock has become one of the most actively shorted on the Nasdaq exchange – meaning traders have been betting that it will fall.

And the value of Trump’s social media company now stands at where it was when Trump Media merged under a special-purpose acquisition company (Spac) deal with shell company DWAC earlier in March.

The value of DWAC, renamed DJT, initially soared over several days in its infancy as a publicly traded company, briefly boosting Trump’s fortune – on paper – to more than $6bn. But the company generates minuscule revenue ($4.1m last year) and no profit.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:02 am Hubby checked the stated value of the shares when this venture started - $.79!
I'm not sure when that is from? DJT went public on March 22 at about $38 per share.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

From what I can see the price floated at something around $16.50 until around January 12. After that date it jumped up wildly. It peaked at $66.22 on March 27. It dropped to $22.84 on April 16. It peaked again at $54.89 on May 9. From there it fluctuated up and down until July 15 at $40.58. It has been on a downhill slide ever since. I only looked back as far as September 22, 2023. It was at $16.28 on that date.
Largo al factotum.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

While DJT may have hit a high close of $66.22 on Mar 27, it actually traded as high as $79.38 during the previous day. The charts list $79.38 as the 52 week high, and $13.50 as the 52 week low. $13.50 happened during the day yesterday.

So DJT stock dropped 83% from its peak high to its trough low.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

In other words, the price has dropped from what it was a year before the public offering. Those poor Trumpistas. I wonder how many bought into that stock without knowing a thing about the stock market.
Largo al factotum.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

zekeb wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:11 pm In other words, the price has dropped from what it was a year before the public offering. Those poor Trumpistas. I wonder how many bought into that stock without knowing a thing about the stock market.
The same could be said about NFTs and crypto currencies, two other "investments" Trump is involved in. Of course, Trump doesn't need to know anything about any of these things in order to fleece his fans. He's just the face on the package.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

TMTG board members did sell some stuff recently before getting cold showers. Some must have sold at around $30 while former cow owner managed just around $22 :blackeye: They will be considering themselves lucky to have saved some of their investment from going down the rain :roll:

from 2024/08/30
https://fortune.com/2024/08/30/trump-truth-social-stock-insider-sales/ wrote:While Trump isn’t able to start selling his shares yet, some other insiders have started shedding their stake in the company. Trump Media’s chief financial officer and treasurer, Phillip Juhan, disclosed last week he’s selling $1.9 million worth of stock, according to SEC filings. Trump Media’s general counsel, Scott Glabe, chief operating officer Andrew Northwall, and chief technology officer Vladimir Novachki each sold shares as well, according to Aug. 22 SEC filings. Devin Nunes, a former Republican congressman and Trump Media’s president and CEO, also sold off $632,000 worth of stock last Thursday.

While it’s not necessarily uncommon for executives to sell some of their stake in a company, selling at a loss—which they did—can be an indicator of trouble ahead.

“Since selling a stock at a loss is painful, an investor who sells at a loss must have particularly negative information,” Peter Kelly, a finance professor at the University of Notre Dame, wrote in a 2018 paper published by Oxford Academic. “And what you see is when stocks are sold at a loss, it predicts negative returns.”
tek

Post by tek »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:23 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:02 am Hubby checked the stated value of the shares when this venture started - $.79!
I'm not sure when that is from? DJT went public on March 22 at about $38 per share.
"price" vs "value" I think.
I've heard lots of 'business commentators' say the actual value of the stock is less than $1, some say less than $0.10 ...
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

tek wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:57 pm
I've heard lots of 'business commentators' say the actual value of the stock is less than $1, some say less than $0.10 ...
How much would you pay for a company that loses millions every quarter? Even if by some chance Trump managed to win the election, would it make this company profitable?
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

tek wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:57 pm
Thanks! I must humbly state that I still don't get it. This stuff is so very far above my pay grade. Or rather, in a Path of Experience I have not traveled along. I shall adopt an attitude of passive decoration.

(Ten points for whoever identifies the above quote!)
bob

Post by bob »

FiveAcres wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:18 pm Closed at $13.54.
Already below $13 today.
Image ImageImage
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

drip drip drip
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

12.72 USD
−0.82 (6.09%)today
23 Sept, 12:19 GMT-4 •
How does one measure the speed of free fall in the financial industry?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:20 pm
12.72 USD
−0.82 (6.09%)today
23 Sept, 12:19 GMT-4 •
How does one measure the speed of free fall in the financial industry?
In points per hour.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How many scaramuccis until DJT gets delisted :?:
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

It doesn't look like there was any pumping action this morning. Question: if the people who were shorting the stock are starting to exit the stock, will that make DJT more or less volatile.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

(Very roughly speaking) With the "Limit Up - Limit Down" circuit breakers to curb volatility, it could be argued that it is free fall if the stock repeatedly drops >5% in a 5 minute period and doesn't rebound within 15 seconds into the trading band and as such has trading suspended for 5 minutes.

So, say its trading at $25.00, its "band" is 5% higher or 5% lower, so an upper band of $26.25 and a lower band of $23.75.

If it drops, in 5 minutes, lower than $23.75 and does not recover, within 15 seconds, to above or equal to $23.75, trading is suspended in that instrument for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes the band is now 5% higher or 5% lower than the price at the limit cut, in lets say it hit $23.00 when the freeze hit.

The band is now $24.15 to $21.85

When trading recommences, if the instrument AGAIN drops from $23.00 to below $21.85 within 5 minutes it happens again.... This happens more than a couple of times..... free fall.....
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Wasn't Trump boo hooing last week that the big bad mean politically biased SEC had "refused any trading on my stock multiple times today" or some such blather?
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It was at $12.79 just a couple minutes ago and has now gained a penny. Woo hoo
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

More liberal manipulation of this stock. Sleepy Joe is sitting in the Oval Office personally driving this stock down.
Go Land Crabs!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

12.70 USD −0.85 (6.28%)
today 23 Sept, 14:01 GMT-4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

about 40 minutss until the market closes and the stock is down to 12.17
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

:violin:
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Couldn't even get a dead Kennedy bounce.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”