Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

2nd 2024 Presidential Debate - 9/10/2024 on ABC

Post by Reality Check »

Isn't "anonymous affidavit" an oxymoron? :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:53 am Not sure what this rando thinks this proves? Affidavits are worthless as we learned back in 2020.
Too also:
Black Insurrectionist wrote:[T]his affidavit as well as a lawsuit vs. ABC for election interference will be filed for all to see.
As always, in 'Merika, anyone can file anything. But what does "filing a lawsuit" really mean?

If someone is going to claim breach of contract, that would require a lawsuit filed by a party to the lawsuit, i.e., the candidates and/or their respective campaigns. A claim of breach by a third-party beneficiary (i.e., "We The People") would be too speculative.

If "file a lawsuit" really means just "file a complaint with the FCC," that'll be duly roundfiled.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:32 pm Isn't "anonymous affidavit" an oxymoron? :confuzzled:
My favorite affidavit of all time was the one where the dude used a fake name in the affidavit and asked the court for permission to use a fake name because otherwise Obama would have him killed. He used the name Reverend Kweli Shuhubia, and the affidavit was all about how Obama's step-grandmother said she saw him being born in Kenya (she didn't really say that, shockingly). It came with an audiotape that proved the affidavit wrong in several respects.

Tragically, so far as I'm aware, Kweli Shuhubia never set foot across our border.

But the affidavit made a big splash in Birtherland, back in 2008.

I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Scott Lemieux has fun with the Daffydavit and Bill Ackman on the Lawyers Guns & Money blog (reformatted, some internal url links not included).

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... -into-mush
Going MAGA turns your brain into mush

Bill Ackman, who has only been a full-on Trump fanboy for a year or so, is having days-long meltdown over Daddy Trump getting his ass kicked in the debate:

<screenshots of Ackman tweets about the "whistleblower" affidavit>

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp ... 0%AFPM.png

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp ... 0%AFPM.png

Personally, before the Southeastern Conference looks into these Very Serious and Credible allegations that the moderators who gave Donald Trump a bonus rebuttal to every question were ACTUALLY rigging the debate for Harris it should pay attention to the allegations I have received from a whistleblower that Bill Ackman routinely has sex with farm animals. His refusal to address these allegations makes them even more likely to be true!

Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
what universe are we living in that a supposed captain of finance is publicly falling down his 10th rabbit hole with an obvious hoax document like this

https://x.com/joshtpm/status/1836032884840247548

While this conspiracy theory is stupid, it’s worth noting that it is also extremely racist.:
Before Tuesday’s debate, Donald Trump and his supporters insisted that Kamala Harris was a lightweight who was barely able to speak coherently. Trump has called Harris “dumb as a rock,” “low-IQ,” “unable to put two sentences together,” and “unable to put two sentences together without a teleprompter.” Republicans have said that Harris was chosen “because of her ethnic background,” that she’s a “DEI hire” who “gets more favorable treatment because of her race and gender.”

After all that, focus groups, public polling, Trump’s advisers, and the conservative-media figures who maintain his cult of personality all concluded that the Republican lost the debate, despite his protestations otherwise, and his refusal to try again confirms this. “THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!”Trump posted. “You want to know who won? Find out who refuses to” debate again, Mike Collins, a Republican representative from Georgia, posted on X. I guess we know!

Conservatives have fixated on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in recent years as, in their view, a kind of reverse discrimination against white people, white men in particular, that elevates people to jobs they are unqualified to do. Inadvertently, their reactions to Harris, and her subsequent thrashing of Trump, illustrate why diversity outreach is important and necessary in a world where people still face discriminatory assumptions because of their race and gender.
Ackman’s argument boils down to “it is impossible for a Black women to have beaten Trump, so the debate mist have been fixed.” It’s grotesque, but it also tells you that Trump is attractive to various wealthy Elon Musk lickspittles not just for his support for upper-class tax increases.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Thing that jumped out at me is the thing about No Questions about her brother in law. And then a lost of what he is accused of. In a real affidavid someone my said "who is accused of money laundering" or "Fraud" or whatever. There would be no need to waste time describing the accusations as why bother. The writer gets very specific about what he is accused of. Almost like he is trying to spread news about this as far as possible.

And then he spends most of a page describing how he mailed several packages to himself and to Speaker Johnston to show how there is a written record. Almost as though he is expecting to die. That's not rational behaviour but its right out of a spy novel where someone is sensing a massive cloud of doom approaching. Therefore this is really weally serious, yo.

So ya, it's so full of heavy breathing and trenchcoats and furtive glances behind you that I can't take this seriously.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:41 pm So ya, it's so full of heavy breathing and trenchcoats and furtive glances behind you that I can't take this seriously.
But you are not suggesting that you think there's anything hinky about the story, amirite?
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:50 pm But you are not suggesting that you think there's anything hinky about the story, amirite?
How DARE you suggest that, Sirrah! We shall meet upon the field of Honour! :thor:

Which is in Tazmania. I, uh, might be a little late. :hide:
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sarah Cooper strikes again!

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sarah is awesome. Love her faces. And Kamila was perfect too. Let's hope fuckwith loses by a margin he can't refute this time.

And then I'll know that unicorns do exist.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:18 am Boy did she call this

That's some Ruth in the 32 World Series level shit there...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Pressure grows on Trump to accept second Harris debate

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
Republicans argue that Trump can have a better, more disciplined performance a second time around after Harris was widely seen by voters as the winner of the debate ABC hosted earlier in September. Strategists say the former president has nothing to lose by partaking in another debate, particularly after Harris’s performance did little to move the needle in a race largely seen as a dead heat.

“We’re in a very tight race. I like where President Trump stands,” said Steve Cortes, a former adviser to Trump. “However, I think any of us who do polling, who read polling carefully realize that this race is super, super tight and in that environment, I don’t think we should skip an opportunity to speak in front of a super large audience of Americans.”

Harris on Saturday accepted CNN’s invite for a debate on Oct. 23, after her campaign called for a second debate. Trump, however, said he believes it’s “too late” to have another debate.

“She’s done one debate. I’ve done two. It’s too late to do another. I’d love to, in many ways, but it’s too late. The voting is cast,” Trump said in North Carolina, referring to his first debate against President Biden on June 27, which predicated Biden dropping out of the race.

Trump’s GOP allies argue a second debate against Harris presents an opportunity for the former president to improve on his first debate performance by staying focused on policy.

“Don’t take the bait and focus on policy,” said Dan Eberhart, a Trump donor, who said he wants to see Trump take part in a second debate.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The former guy being more "disciplined" on a next debate? :rotflmao:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “US President”