Donald J. Trump 2024

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Toxic people gotta keep it toxic. He thinks he's a shark, an apex predator, but he's a cow - a perpetual manure machine that leaves a pile everywhere he goes.
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

For me, it's not the one incident, it's the growing proof his bullying and threats are now endemic in our society. He is above the law, and he will destroy anyone who tries to enforce a law or a norm or a level of decency above that of the common slug.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's a caged, rabid possum.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:03 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:45 am Okay. I'm satisfied the family used the gesture to honor their fallen daughter. Got it. I still don't like his shit eating grin. It's so saccharine and insincere I want to puke. And nothing explains why this soldier was selected, or even why fuckwit was there in the first place (except electioneering).
I understand that he was one of the 13 that lost their lives in Afghanistan during the last days of the retreat. All Joe's fault. They likely had to harrass thirteen families until they found one willing to play along.
She.

And her family loves tfg.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:14 am
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:03 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:45 am Okay. I'm satisfied the family used the gesture to honor their fallen daughter. Got it. I still don't like his shit eating grin. It's so saccharine and insincere I want to puke. And nothing explains why this soldier was selected, or even why fuckwit was there in the first place (except electioneering).
I understand that he was one of the 13 that lost their lives in Afghanistan during the last days of the retreat. All Joe's fault. They likely had to harrass thirteen families until they found one willing to play along.
Ah. Thanks. That makes sense in Trump World. To the rest of us, he was politicizing which is expressly forbidden. There had to be something in it for him, and there it is. Plus his entourage got him press time. For a brief moment he got heads to turn his way again.
The ADL has a database of symbols, including hand signs, for various hate groups. I didn't find that gesture in their database. I didn't search other sources. I would think ADL probably has an up to date list of confirmed symbols, but I suspect that if a group comes up with some new sign that it can take some time to research how it's being used, who is using it, and what is the intended meaning. This is strictly hate group signs so it wouldn't include something that is not associated with some kind of hate group or intention.

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symb ... rch?page=0
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics ... index.html
The US Army issued a stark rebuke of former President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign over the incident on Monday at Arlington National Cemetery, saying in a statement on Thursday that participants in the ceremony “were made aware of federal laws” regarding political activity at the cemetery, and “abruptly pushed aside” an employee of the cemetery.

“Participants in the August 26th ceremony and the subsequent Section 60 visit were made aware of federal laws, Army regulations and DoD policies, which clearly prohibit political activities on cemetery grounds. An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside,” the Army spokesperson said in the statement on Thursday.

“This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the ANC employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked. ANC is a national shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces, and its dedicated staff will continue to ensure public ceremonies are conducted with the dignity and respect the nation’s fallen deserve,” the statement said.

The Army spokesperson said while the incident was reported to the police department at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, the employee in question “decided not to press charges” so the Army “considers this matter closed.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

another comment pointing out that Trump and his elephants sycophants encroched on a neighbouring grave
see also NYT article below
Family Of Soldier BURIED At Arlington Drops BOMBSHELL On Trump

Occupy Democrats
29 Aug 2024

The family of a decorated Green Beret whose gravestone come out in Trump’s infamous “thumbs up” photo at Arlington Cemetery just blindsided Trump with a brutal public takedown.
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:22 am The ADL has a database of symbols, including hand signs, for various hate groups. I didn't find that gesture in their database. I didn't search other sources. I would think ADL probably has an up to date list of confirmed symbols, but I suspect that if a group comes up with some new sign that it can take some time to research how it's being used, who is using it, and what is the intended meaning. This is strictly hate group signs so it wouldn't include something that is not associated with some kind of hate group or intention.

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symb ... rch?page=0
Pip found the reason for the hand horns on the previous page. Their daughter used it often. It means "rock on".

:rockon:

And it turns out the family are Trumpies. So, he honored them with his presence. We don't know if he had to scrounge up a family for this photo stunt, or if they invited him and he turned it to his own purposes.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Videos at Arlington Stir More Fallout After Gravesite Visit
The family of a Green Beret buried there expressed concern about videos and photos taken by his grave. And a cemetery employee declined to press charges after an altercation with the Trump team, fearing retribution.

By Chris Cameron, Maggie Haberman and Eric Schmitt
(Chris Cameron was traveling with Donald J. Trump during his visit to Arlington National Cemetery.)
Published Aug. 28, 2024 Updated Aug. 29, 2024, 10:05 a.m. ET

The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving eight combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.

Relatives of Master Sgt. Andrew Marckesano issued their statement two days after Mr. Trump’s visit, which also included a confrontation between members of the Trump campaign and an Arlington employee. The former president’s campaign took video in a heavily restricted section of the cemetery known as Section 60, which is largely reserved for the fallen veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

A woman who works at the cemetery filed an incident report with the military authorities over the altercation. But the official, who has not been identified, later declined to press charges. Military officials said she feared Mr. Trump’s supporters pursuing retaliation.

Sergeant Marckesano died on July 7, 2020, after moving to Washington to begin a job at the Pentagon. He had three children, and friends said he had chronic post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in combat. He earned Silver and Bronze Stars during his service. His gravesite is adjacent to that of Staff Sergeant Darin Taylor Hoover, a Marine who was killed in the 2021 bombing at Abbey Gate outside the Kabul airport in Afghanistan.

The Hoover family granted permission to the Trump team to film and take photographs at the gravesite; the Marckesano family did not, and filming and photographing at the gravesite for political purposes is a violation of federal law, according to cemetery officials. Yet Sergeant Marckesano’s grave was shown in photos from the visit that were published online. A video was posted to Mr. Trump’s TikTok account featuring footage from the Section 60 visit and the gravestones from behind, with narration criticizing the handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times, his sister, Michele, said, “We fully support Staff Sergeant Darin Hoover’s family and the other families in their quest for answers and accountability regarding the Afghanistan withdrawal and the tragedy at Abbey Gate.”

“However,” she added, “according to our conversation with Arlington National Cemetery, the Trump campaign staffers did not adhere to the rules that were set in place for this visit to Staff Sergeant Hoover’s gravesite in Section 60, which lays directly next to my brother’s grave.”

Sergeant Marckesano’s sister continued, “We hope that those visiting this sacred site understand that these were real people who sacrificed for our freedom and that they are honored and respected accordingly.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/p ... etery.html
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

JD Vance Just Made Trump’s Arlington Cemetery Scandal Much Worse

Jason Easley
Wed, Aug 28th, 2024

JD Vance was asked in Erie, PA, about Trump’s illegal use of Arlington National Cemetery, and he responded by saying veterans don’t care and attacking Tim Walz.

Vance said when asked about the scandal:
The altercation at Arlington Cemetery is the media creating a story where I don’t really think there is one. There is a verifiable evidence that the campaign was allowed to have a photographer there. They were invited to have a photographer there. There is verifiable evidence that the families of these poor people who had their loved ones died three years ago at Abbey Road, excuse me, Abby Gate, those 13 Americans, a lot of them were there with the president.

He invited him to be there and support them. That is not an insult to the memories of their loved ones. They wanted Donald Trump there. Thank god we have a president that stands with our veterans instead of one that runs away from them. It is amazing to me that you have, apparently, somebody at Arlington Cemetery, some staff member had a little disagreement with somebody and the media has turned this into a national news story. You know what I think our veterans care more about? That Kamala Harris’s VP lied about his military service.
Arlington National Cemetery confirmed that Trump broke the law. Vance managed to confuse Abbey Road, where the Beatles recorded albums, and Abbey Gate, where 13 soldiers died while leaving Afghanistan. Those deaths were set into motion because of Trump’s deal with the Taliban that forced the US out of the country.

Veterans do care about Trump using the sacred ground of Arlington National Cemetery for a campaign stunt, because Trump has consistently disrespected veterans and those who have served and lost their lives.

JD Vance made things worse by trying to blame the media for a scandal that Trump created. Vance made sure that the Arlington story wouldn’t be going away any time soon.

https://www.politicususa.com/2024/08/28 ... worse.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

As usual, nothing will really come of this.

Hopefully, though, it will get him fewer votes if enough people pay attention.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

So the law was broken is pretty easy to understand and has been cited all over the place. Seems pretty cut and dried. But, what is the penalty for breaking this law? Has anyone seen a citation for that? Is there "if you break this law then this is the penalty" section somewhere?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

Why am I not surprised that there is even MORE to the story.

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/spencer-cox- ... d08af02bf4
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah’s Republican Gov. Spencer Cox came under criticism Wednesday for sending a campaign email that featured a photo of him and former President Donald Trump at Arlington National Cemetery during a wreath-laying ceremony.

Federal law prohibits campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, and that rule was widely shared before the Monday ceremony, Arlington National Cemetery said Wednesday.

Cox’s campaign apologized for using the photo and for politicizing the graveside ceremony, which honored Sgt. Darin Taylor Hoover of Utah, one of 13 service members killed in an airport bombing during the Afghanistan War withdrawal three years ago. The email was soliciting donations for Cox’s reelection bid.

“This was not a campaign event and was never intended to be used by the campaign,” the governor wrote in a post on X. “It did not go through the proper channels and should not have been sent.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Bullcrap.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

US army confirms Arlington cemetery worker ‘pushed aside’ by Trump staff
Strongest official criticism yet over altercation with ex-president’s staff during photo op at military cemetery

Richard Luscombe and agency
Thu 29 Aug 2024 18.14 CEST

US army officials issued a strongly worded rebuke of Donald Trump’s campaign on Thursday as they confirmed a worker at Arlington national cemetery was “abruptly pushed aside” during an altercation with members of the former president’s staff.

The statement was the strongest official criticism yet of Trump’s controversial visit in which he gave a thumbs-up over graves as a photo opportunity and there was an alleged physical assault by two of his staffers on the army official. It came as outrage continued to mount from veterans and families of some of the service members buried there.

Adding to pressure on the election campaign of the Republican presidential nominee was the army’s revelation that Trump’s team was explicitly told in advance by a defense department official that taking photographs and video footage at the cemetery breached federal law.

The campaign ignored the warning and filmed anyway, sparking a confrontation, during the visit on Monday that one Democrat called “abhorrent and shameful”. And on Thursday the Trump campaign continued to aggressively insult the unnamed cemetery staff member caught up in the altercation, who was shoved when trying to enforce rules, after learning she had declined to press charges for fear of retribution from Trump’s supporters.

“Participants in the August 26th ceremony and the subsequent Section 60 visit were made aware of federal laws, Army regulations and [defense department] policies, which clearly prohibit political activities on cemetery grounds. An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside,” the army statement said.

“This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the ANC employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked. ANC is a national shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces, and its dedicated staff will continue to ensure public ceremonies are conducted with the dignity and respect the nation’s fallen deserve.”

Steven Cheung, the former president’s communication director, said the employee was experiencing something he termed “Trump derangement syndrome”. A day earlier he claimed the person was mentally ill, while Chris LaCivita, Trump’s senior adviser, called the employee “despicable”.

The ramping up of rhetoric by the Trump campaign was widely seen as an effort to deflect from growing condemnation of the candidate’s efforts to seize political capital by staging a photo opportunity at the Virginia cemetery on the third anniversary of a suicide bomb attack outside Kabul airport in Afghanistan that killed 13 US servicemen and women.

According to reports, the Arlington employee was “pushed and verbally abused” by two Trump campaign staffers after trying to prevent them entering the cemetery’s heavily restricted section 60, where recent US casualties, mostly from Iraq and Afghanistan, are buried.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... rump-visit
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

They just lie. They lie when they don't know something. They like when the do something disgusting. They lie when they do something wrong. They lie for fun. They lie to attack. They lie to defend. They just lie, all the time.
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

"Mentally ill" "despicable" "Trump Derangement Syndrome"

This tells me the Arlington employee was a Black woman. And she didn't want to press charges because she knew what happened to Shaye Moss and Ruby Freeman. Plus we know the whole nasty trump crew hates women and Blacks and especially Black women.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

He wanted the spotlight back on himself. He got it. Now he complaining. Surprise!

I like how this all came back to bite shroomdickfuckwit in the ass. Firefighters booed JD today. I can hardly wait for the next Trump Rally to see how many show up now.

When you break a rule at the National Cemetaries, the enforcement ranges from asking you to leave to calling the cops. No one there will willingly do any harm to anyone - not even grab you by the wrist to restrain you. I don't recall any of the staff being armed, and none ever seemed like guards or sentries. They know the public coming to view the final resting place of a family member or a friend come from all walks of life, and that there is no way of knowing their state of mind when they enter. They are at the mercy of the public, and the last thing they want is negative attention drawn to their mission. This is why Westboro could get away with their protests. The staff could do nothing about them except ask them to leave.
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Dirty old granpa! Call the pedophile tip line! :twisted:
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:12 pm Dirty old granpa! Call the pedophile tip line! :twisted:
Yannow, my dad would have said this to friends' and neighbors' kids and no one would have blinked. Just said thank you, we're proud of her or we think so too, or whatever. Somehow it's different coming from tfg.
much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:24 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:12 pm Dirty old granpa! Call the pedophile tip line! :twisted:
Yannow, my dad would have said this to friends' and neighbors' kids and no one would have blinked. Just said thank you, we're proud of her or we think so too, or whatever. Somehow it's different coming from tfg.
Yes, I was thinking that, too. It is the background and context of coming from tfg.
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

Yep.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “US President”