Stephen Miller

These people suck. They are bad people.
sugar magnolia

Stephen Miller

Post by sugar magnolia »

Or a long silence, simply staring at him with her mouth agape, and then just say "Really?"
Dave from down under

Stephen Miller

Post by Dave from down under »

With the follow up

“Have you taken your meds tonight? Should we call Melania or Dr Johnston?”
sad-cafe

Stephen Miller

Post by sad-cafe »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:24 am
Off Topic
This is off-topic, but my debate advice:

I still say: Point and laugh.

Laughing in his face will enrage him, and angry people make mistakes. I have expounded on that in the past, so I'll spare you. But Hillary knows what could have been, if'n she had followed my counsel.

Point. :point:

And laugh. :lol:

Make it fun! (and I am dead serious)
YES

This-so much this!
pipistrelle

Stephen Miller

Post by pipistrelle »

Why is anyone other than cut-rate RWNJ media giving this fascist a platform?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Stephen Miller

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:42 pm Why is anyone other than cut-rate RWNJ media giving this fascist a platform?
Cute hair?
Rolodex

Stephen Miller

Post by Rolodex »

I know Harris has a phalanx of professionals to prepare her for the debate (if trump actually follows through), but I was curious about this Gish Gallopers like Miller. Mehdi Hassan wrote a book about how to not lose arguments and addresses this "technique" in this article which is taken from his book. I wasn't going to watch the debate, but I might just to see how she handles this trademark and fully expected gallop from trump. From the article:
1. Pick your battle.

Perhaps the first time I encountered a Gish Galloper in person was in 2013, during a debate on Islam and peace at the Oxford Union. One of my opponents, the far-right activist Anne Marie Waters, began her remarks with this word salad of an attack on my faith and my co-religionists:
Let me tell you what actually whips up fears of Islam. Let me take it from the top: 9/11; the London Underground bombings; Madrid; Mumbai; Mali; Bali; northern Nigeria; Sudan; Afghanistan; Saudi Arabia; Iran; Yemen; Pakistan; death for apostasy; death for blasphemy; death for adultery; death for homosexuality; gender segregation; gender discrimination; unequal testimony between men and women in legal proceedings; child marriage; amputations; beheadings; imprisonment for being raped; anti-Semitism; burqas; execution for this, that, and the other … This is what causes fear of Islam. It is not me; it is not my colleagues on this side … It is the actions of Muslims that are causing fear of Islam. That is the real world. That is where we actually live. Then we’ll be told this is just the extreme fringe of Islam. Well, let me have a look at Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam …

“Just on a factual point,” I responded, “you said that Islam was born in Saudi Arabia. Islam was born in 610 A.D. Saudi Arabia was born in 1932 A.D. So you were only 1,322 years off! Not bad.”

By mocking and debunking that particular claim, I poured doubt on the rest of them—and made my opponent look foolish in the process.

When facing a Gish Galloper, going line by line is impractical, if not impossible. Instead, single out their weakest claim or argument. Highlight and mock it.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... op/673061/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
W. Kevin Vicklund

Stephen Miller

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Gish Gallop bingo. Can do it with 25 (fixed card) or the full 75 (every body gets a card) issues. When a bingo occurs, the speaker addresses the 5 "winning" issues in some detail, and a booklet addressing all issues is handed out. Makes it clear that these are long-debunked without wasting a lot of time trying to address everything. The trick is leaving enough time for your own points, which may make mocking a single claim the easier route.
Kendra

Stephen Miller

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/wa ... 4469&ei=11
Watch Stephen Miller Have A Full Meltdown When Asked To Back Up Crime Claim With Facts
pipistrelle

Stephen Miller

Post by pipistrelle »

I see he's given up on the spray on shellac.
Rolodex

Stephen Miller

Post by Rolodex »

No way he's not hitting his wife. Dude has anger management problems.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Stephen Miller

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's how i read it.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
p0rtia

Stephen Miller

Post by p0rtia »

His nickname in some circles is Discount Goebbles.
New Turtle

Stephen Miller

Post by New Turtle »

I've seen him do this several times now. Shouting someone down is a radio tactic that doesn't translate well to visual media because the other person is still there on screen. If they are persistent, he can't just hang up on them.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Stephen Miller

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:47 pm His nickname in some circles is Discount Goebbles.
I have also seen Pee Wee Geobbels.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Stephen Miller

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:04 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:47 pm His nickname in some circles is Discount Goebbles.
I have also seen Pee Wee Geobbels.
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg (159.67 KiB) Viewed 403 times
X1000
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”