Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:02 pm OFFS!

Fuck those fucking fuckers. Has a male veep ever been criticized for not cooking?

No?

Fuck those fuckers all over again.

Full disclosure, I do not enjoy cooking. It was a chore for me for decades, like cleaning and taking the dogs to the vet. Now that I'm by myself for the first time in 45 years, I do not cook and I do not intend to start cooking.

I have a gentleman friend who loves to cook. He's in Chicago so he sends me photos of the wonderful meals he whips up. I send him a thumbs up and photos of my bowl of Cheerios topped with blueberries.

Too also, my breakfast is a hell of a lot healthier.
Tell me how you really feel :biggrin:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:33 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:00 am Box-o-whine...
Right-wing attacks on Vice President Kamala Harris ever since she declared her candidacy for president have honed in on her ethnicity, her laugh, her past relationships, and now, thanks to Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, whether or not she is sober.
Accusation. Confession. QED.
Drunk Jeanine just wants someone else to speculate about and get the heat off her
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ngNewsSerp
Conservatives continue to desperately seek ways to make Kamala Harris look bad, but Fox News picked a real doozy of a reason to hate the vice president: her cooking videos.

The Democratic presidential nominee has a YouTube channel devoted to cooking that has videos on making cookies, tuna sandwiches, masala dosa and more.

Harris hasn’t updated the channel since 2020, but its mere existence was enough to throw “Outnumbered” host Julie Banderasinto a tizzy on Friday.

Although Banderas was OK with the idea of a woman running for the presidency, she said the videos of Harris cooking aren’t “doing women any favors.”

“Yes, it would be amazing to have a woman in the White House one day. That would be a huge glass ceiling shattered,” Banderas conceded before insisting she doesn’t ”want to hear about a White House, uh, president cooking.”
As her co-workers laughed at her hot food hot take, she ladled more on.

“And especially a woman! I don’t cook! And I proudly wear that badge. I am not domesticated whatsoever,” she said.
X links with thoughts on it at the link.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Okay, the way I understand it is working women shouldn't criticize trad wives because that's their choice and it's legitimate, and trad wives shouldn't criticize working women for the same reason (choice or necessity). Fair enough.

Why then is it fair to criticize a working woman who likes to cook? It's an interest like any other. Some women like to cook or craft or whatever, and some like to put engines together. If they think cooking is too traditionally female (what's wrong with that-see above), have they looked at who restaurant chefs and even many line cooks have traditionally been?

I don't get it.

If not updated since 2020, a result of running for VP, then taking the job seriously. Vs. golfing every damn day.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

OMG!!! They found a sewing kit in her luggage, and witnesses say she fixes her own hems. Good Lord, what has this world come to? :swoon:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've done cooking videos, does that mean I'm bad too?
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:20 am I've done cooking videos, does that mean I'm bad too?
It means you are gay by their logic.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:24 am
Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:20 am I've done cooking videos, does that mean I'm bad too?
It means you are gay by their logic.
Well I was pretty happy when I did them :mrgreen:
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

“Look, you know, the left says that Tim Walz is cuddly. That’s their term for him, cuddly. And I have to say, it’s kind of true. He’s got this Santa Claus-like look to him, except this Santa Claus could potentially be a serial killer. That’s the problem. He’s kind of terrifying. He’s sort of like, you know, they used to say, Ted Bundy was handsome, but he was a serial killer. So this is like, if Santa Claus was a serial killer. I mean, this could be a movie. This guy is so creepy, so terrifying because he’s, like, a communist, but he looks like Santa Claus. So it’s absolutely terrifying.” – “YouTube comedian” Chris Kohls, on Sebastian Gorka’s show.

https://www.mediamatters.org/media/4022908/embed/embed
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:34 pm “Look, you know, the left says that Tim Walz is cuddly. That’s their term for him, cuddly. And I have to say, it’s kind of true. He’s got this Santa Claus-like look to him, except this Santa Claus could potentially be a serial killer. That’s the problem. He’s kind of terrifying. He’s sort of like, you know, they used to say, Ted Bundy was handsome, but he was a serial killer. So this is like, if Santa Claus was a serial killer. I mean, this could be a movie. This guy is so creepy, so terrifying because he’s, like, a communist, but he looks like Santa Claus. So it’s absolutely terrifying.” – “YouTube comedian” Chris Kohls, on Sebastian Gorka’s show.

https://www.mediamatters.org/media/4022908/embed/embed
All he has to learn now is that Walz was a sharpshooter in the National Guard. That will amp his paranoia.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Comedy gold.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Now playing on Newsmax, prolly soon on Fox & OAN. But they're not weird.

Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

That is hilarious.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Now they need Trump athletic equipment so his loyal supporters can get into the same super masculine physical shape as he has.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Still can't believe that is a real product. :confuzzled:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:36 pm Still can't believe that is a real product. :confuzzled:
Have a feeling the trump supporters will be using the table stand option and using it for something else.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Well, you have to admire the entrepreneurship of whoever is making those. They understand the ease with with you can separate stupid people from their money by appealing to their cult leader. Hope they're laughing all the way to the bank.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:41 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:36 pm Still can't believe that is a real product. :confuzzled:
Have a feeling the trump supporters will be using the table stand option and using it for something else.
JD Vance can just lay it down on his couch.
Image Image Image Image
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Well, it's a real company, Top Dog in Langhorne PA, offering something for $70 ($59 + s&h), and they have an arbitration process for resolving any issues you might have. Look at their professional office. And if you aren't interested in Trumpy Trout, maybe you'll want Mighty Mend that can fix all of you clothing malfunctions, or Mighty Putty when you need to attach something to the wall without drilling, or they have Mighty Hook and so many other fantastic products.
Attachments
Top Dog Langhorn PA suite 216.jpg
Top Dog Langhorn PA suite 216.jpg (215.48 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: there aren't enough :roll: in the world
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:46 pm Well, you have to admire the entrepreneurship of whoever is making those. They understand the ease with with you can separate stupid people from their money by appealing to their cult leader. Hope they're laughing all the way to the bank.
:yeahthat: I definitely do not see this as a product being made by an actual Trump supporter. But I do think there are a not small number of them that would go for it.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Oh I don't think they're made by a supporter at all! Just someone who knows a mark and how to separate them from their money! It's so appalling it's almost a joke.

Back when those motion-activated talking/singing fish came out, we got one as a dirty Santa gift. We used it for all sorts of jokes and things because it was so ridiculous. It might be good for spear fishing practice.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:12 pm
Well, it's a real company, Top Dog in Langhorne PA, offering something for $70 ($59 + s&h), and they have an arbitration process for resolving any issues you might have. Look at their professional office. And if you aren't interested in Trumpy Trout, maybe you'll want Mighty Mend that can fix all of you clothing malfunctions, or Mighty Putty when you need to attach something to the wall without drilling, or they have Mighty Hook and so many other fantastic products.
Mighty Mendit! That was a Billy Mays advertised product way back when, and they recently started rerunning his commercials for it on late night cable for some weird reason.
Image Image Image Image
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:34 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:12 pm
Mighty Mendit! That was a Billy Mays advertised product way back when, and they recently started rerunning his commercials for it on late night cable for some weird reason.
I need parts for my Ronco Pocket Fisherman. Can these people help me?
Largo al factotum.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

zekeb wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:09 pm I need parts for my Ronco Pocket Fisherman. Can these people help me?
God is on your side once again Zeke. Ronco still sells their famous Pocket Fisherman at their website. $34.99 +s&h. Cheap enough for you just buy a new one and retire your old one to the great fishing hole in the landfill.

Return to “Current Politics”