Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:48 am Is this paid for by health insurance companies limiting coverage and claims?
No, where did you get a silly idea like that? This is our PRIVATE business - owned by two guys who like to golf a lot - that is our field marketing organization, and the money that pays for this awards and training event come directly out of their ordinary PRIVATE business expenses.
Great system you have in the USA. Enjoy the party.
Sure is. Let us know if you visit this country, we could teach you a little maybe.

It's pretty clear you have no understanding of Obamacare.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So we have arrived, and the crowd begins to gather at 5:30 p.m. This is ol' Wifehorn's group - fellow agents (but nobody who takes care of their people like she does), various vendors (yes, even including insurance companies but all they do is talk to people and give away swag), our "bosses" at the FMO (they are the most hands-off bosses it's possible to imagine, and great guys), and I always make a point of talking to the staff at the hotel when I can.

Today is just socializing, eating, and more socializing with the insurance nerds. They're harmless, even if they don't understand what ol' Wifehorn does to help her clients. Some insurance company denied your claim? Or some idiot at the Marketplace canceled the policy? She can fix that, and she does fix that, which is why we spend $0 on advertising, other than the FMO skim of our commissions, which is very nominal. Our marketing is purely word-of-mouth, and we have too many clients as a result. This year we'll have to prune down some, I fear.

Tomorrow is training, both on new features offered by the FMO, and the changes at Marketplace and the individual companies. Plus, there are classes on insurance for under and over 65, so almost too much to learn.

Wednesday we go whitewater rafting, then the big awards dinner. Thursday we drag our butts home. :smoking:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Well, obviously we're NOT, tragically, going to the National Whitewater Facility after all. :violin: :crying:

I dislocated my shoulder this morning for almost three hours! What was I even thinking, that I could still do this thing?

I wasn't thinking, that's what. If I hurt it paddling like a crazy man at the NWF, ol' Wifehorn has to drive home, and I am an irresponsible husband. Sometimes I overmisestimate, that's all. Tomorrow, bright and early, we'll be packing and leaving for home. My shoulder is good enough to put an overnight bag in the trunk (boot, in the UK). The only real damage is my broken dreams, sniff, sniff. :cry: I packed waterproof shoes!

Ol' Wifehorn reports a series of very educational classes today, and says she learned what she came here to learn, which is what was precisely defined in the mission statement before we dragged our asses down here. Our projected Agenda was implemented in professional fashion. HealthInsurance'R'Us. :clap:

I had the day off, in pain, as y'all know. :oopsy: The sad life of a trophy husband. :dance:

It wasn't all good news - lots of changes, and Aetna is raising prices, which means a lot of clients will need to be moved to other, more affordable plans - but it is what it is. At least we know what's coming.

Numbah One Son has been cat sitting. He's going home tonight, and we'll be there by noon or so tomorrow to feed our kittehs.

Ol' Wifehorn was exhausted after a long day of classes. I went to Chipotle and brought her a salad. That's what insurance trophy husbands do. :oldman:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Oh dahmn. I'm sorry about that Foggy. Sounds like you got it popped back in, but now the Peeple Mechanic has to look at it while you try to not to do that again. Several words come to mind and they all begin with f.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Oh man I appologize like no ond has appologized before.

I didnt mean to jinx you.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I promise to survive the experience. It's not the end of the world. I just gotta turn that frown upside down ... ew, yuk. :mad: No, lemme grump about it, I'm the president of the Grumpy People!

In a couple weeks, we're going to the beach for a week. Our schedule is going to depend on Ernesto and what shapes up in the next few. When I go to the beach I want to use my new boogieboard, not stay indoors and watch clouds and rain. If we have to postpone into next month, then that's what we'll do. The water stays warm until October.

And we're going to Sunset Beach. Hurricanes don't seem to hit Sunset Beach. Much.
Volkonski
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Volkonski »

Ah, the glamorous life of an insurance trophy husband. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:16 pm Oh man I appologize like no one has appologized before.

I didnt mean to jinx you.
No, nobody's fault, not even mine this morning. I was just carrying hot coffee up to the hotel room for me'n ol' Wifehorn, and setting the cup down ... it's always the stupidest things! And two or three hours later, just after I finally broke down and took two extra Tramadols, pop. It went back in, and it feels ... okay, I'll be honest, it's sore. It was out for hours again. That doesn't just disappear in 24 hours so I can go paddle a raft.

If that's anyone's fault, it's mine for playing touch football without pads for 20 years every fall morning. It was worth every minute of what I went through this morning. If I could play another 20 years of football, I'd do it. :crazy:
Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:23 pm Ah, the glamorous life of an insurance trophy husband. ;)
It's a tough life, but someone has to do it. I scored major husband points bringing takeout from Chipotle. ;)
tek

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by tek »

t-shirt seen in one of those annoying TEMU ads
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (103.45 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Oh, people got offended. What got forgotten was those were also the days when offended parties challenged the offender to a pistol duel at twenty paces.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:07 am Oh, people got offended. What got forgotten was those were also the days when offended parties challenged the offender to a pistol duel at twenty paces.
A simpler time... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

charles.jpg
charles.jpg (24.57 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
Y'know those stress relief squeeze balls? At the insurance conference this week I got a stress relief squeeze berd. His name is Charles, and I take him on walks. He fits my hand perfectly.

Reminds me of the time I was in high school, babysitting the 5 year old next door, and she strangled the family berd while I was watching the Tee Vee (she grew up to be a lawyer).
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Will the airlines offer you an extra free seat for your emotional support birdie :?:

;)
roadscholar

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by roadscholar »

Tough. Old. Bird. :guntootin:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Next up - PYT.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh, excellent news. Finally got in to see the dermatologist today, first time I ever saw one. I have some skin tags, etc. They're not bothering me, but ol' Wifehorn wanted me to go see the doc about a cyst, so I went. The doctor found "nothing worrisome," not even the cyst. It isn't bothering me, it isn't infected, insurance companies don't even cover fixing it. Looked at my tan. I have some "sun damage" but again, nothing worrisome, and nobody telling me that I can't lie in the Sun for an hour a day without any stinkin' sunscreen, like I do. I have good skin. She went over every inch of it, and found nothing worth treating.

The bottom line, she said, was that I would pass muster to join the British infantry. She literally said that.

The British infantry. :boxing:

And the thing is, I didn't live in England ever. I don't know what the UK was like before Brexit, so I wouldn't miss it like some people.

Lemme talk to ol' Wifehorn, they'll probably let me come home at Christmastime on leave or sumpin'. :think:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:thumbsup:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by poplove »

You look very handsome in uniform, Foggy!
Foggy in uniform.png
Foggy in uniform.png (498.33 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

pssst ... pop ... Foggy is in North Carolina, and you posted the mascot for South Carolina.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh yes, that covers mah fajitas just right. :rockon:
poplove

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by poplove »

bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:18 pm pssst ... pop ... Foggy is in North Carolina, and you posted the mascot for South Carolina.
SAY WHAT??? I posted a picture that came up when I googled rooster in British military uniform and neither Carolina was mentioned. ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

He's just poking fun. The team name of the University of South Carolina is the Gamecocks, featuring a logo that's a really goofy-looking cartoon character of a somewhat deranged fighting rooster. Since gamecocks are bred for fighting and killing each other, it's a disgusting and inhumane nickname and logo. It's totally inferior to the symbolism of the other USC. ;)

NOTE the knives attached to the feet. That's a sub-rooster! :fingerwag:

poplove

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by poplove »

Oh, I know bill was poking fun. I luvs ya, bill_g!!! :bighug:
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:17 pm He's just poking fun. The team name of the University of South Carolina is the Gamecocks, featuring a logo that's a really goofy-looking cartoon character of a somewhat deranged fighting rooster. Since gamecocks are bred for fighting and killing each other, it's a disgusting and inhumane nickname and logo. It's totally inferior to the symbolism of the other USC. ;)

NOTE the knives attached to the feet. That's a sub-rooster! :fingerwag:

Blergh.

And:
As of 2023, cockfighting is illegal in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and all U.S. territories. The last state to implement a state law banning cockfighting was Louisiana; the Louisiana State Legislature voted to approve a ban in June 2007,[103] which went into effect in August 2008.[104]

As of 2013:

Cockfighting is a felony in 40 states and the District of Columbia.[105]
The possession of birds for fighting is prohibited in 39 states and the District of Columbia.[105]
Being a spectator at a cockfight is prohibited in 43 states and the District of Columbia.[105]
The possession of cockfighting implements is prohibited in 15 states.[105]
Additionally, the 2014 farm bill, signed into law by President Obama, contained a provision making it a federal crime to attend an animal fighting event or bring a child under the age of 16 to an animal fighting event.[106]
Bet it's still a regular event in too many places.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”