Donald J. Trump 2024

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:14 pm The website does not seem to exist, so I'm saying fake. Besides, defacing legal currency is probably not very legal.
https://ncmint.com/trump-never-surrende ... ot-2-bill/
much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:14 pm The website does not seem to exist, so I'm saying fake. Besides, defacing legal currency is probably not very legal.
Link to website... TRUMP Fight For America $2 Bill

ETA: Somewhat surprisingly, it is not illegal to stamp political messages on US currency. This page discusses the issue and cites Federal statutes...

https://www.stampstampede.org/faq/yes-its-legal/
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

much ado wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:23 pm
Link to website... TRUMP Fight For America $2 Bill

ETA: Somewhat surprisingly, it is not illegal to stamp political messages on US currency. This page discusses the issue and cites Federal statutes...

https://www.stampstampede.org/faq/yes-its-legal/
So I could write "I Like Ike", but not "I Like Elvis".
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

I recall GOP wincing at Obama's succession and threatening to leave the country. Still here.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:34 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:14 pm ... I think that if Trump is beaten this year they may just persuade a larger and larger number of Republicans to join them.
Wait, are you suggesting that outright insanity has a sell-by date, lady? :confuzzled:

The thing is, I know you remember, we had a thread in Formerly Fogbow about how Trump was near total collapse mentally, and how "any day now" he'd be completely unable to function. That thread lasted for four years, from 2017 until Biden took office, and we still (me included :oopsy: ) play the "any day now" game. He's near a total mental collapse. He can't tie his own shoes. He can't speak coherently, rationally, or intelligently.

Yet the honest truth is, this insane crook, this racist and rapist, this convicted felon and piece of dog crap, is going to get almost half the votes for president of the United States of America, twelve weeks from today. It's unreal and surreal and way too real for me.

But I hope you are right, my friend. I so hope you are right. :towel:
Not really. But, we already had a handful of Republicans that identified as never Trumpers. They stuck to their guns and not only didn't vote for Trump, but they voted for Biden. Over time, we have more and more of these Republicans that are willing to actually speak out loud. For instance, the Mayor of Mesa County, who spoke at the Harris/Walz rally in support not only of Harris for President, but making the case for similarly minded Republicans to vote Democrat all the way down the ballot. These like minded Republicans are getting more and more organized and more and more of them are willing to step up call for Republicans to reject not just Trump, but the whole MAGA ideology.

What I'm thinking is that if/when Trump loses in November, I do believe more and more Republicans will get a little bit of backbone and we may start seeing a more and more serious effort for them to take their party back from the MAGAts. Hard core MAGAts will eventually realize that they are losing more and more elections and maybe it's time to return to a bit of sanity. It's going to take a crap ton of effort to crush all the MAGAts in the Senate races and also state legislature races. But this is what these groups are organizing to do. Which I haven't really seen this kind of serious effort to topple MAGAts before.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:23 pm It's going to take a crap ton of effort to crush all the MAGAts in the Senate races and also state legislature races.
... and don't forget we have to fix the Supreme Court and some of its rulings. We've got a long, tough road ahead, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step (Ghandi).
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:23 pm the whole MAGA ideology
= HATE

Return to “US President”