Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

I saw this on FB and thought of you Slim :bighug:
Attachments
floriduh.jpg
floriduh.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

Congratulations on your move! I really would love to leave this area after mom passes, but I am afraid of having to find a new doctor. I have traveled through Albuquerque and spent a few days there and loved it! I really loved that I could breathe through my nostrils in the southwest, no allergies at all. But I agree, the best part of getting out of Florida is the escape from DeSantis and the rest of the MAGAts infecting these parts.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
MN-Skeptic

Slim Cognito

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RVInit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:03 pm Congratulations on your move! I really would love to leave this area after mom passes, but I am afraid of having to find a new doctor. I have traveled through Albuquerque and spent a few days there and loved it! I really loved that I could breathe through my nostrils in the southwest, no allergies at all. But I agree, the best part of getting out of Florida is the escape from DeSantis and the rest of the MAGAts infecting these parts.
As my sweetie neared retirement, I read more articles about things you should and should not do right after retiring. I thought one of the best suggestions was to rent for a period of time in an area you're thinking of moving to. How many people have sold their houses, moved, then regretted it? If you rent for a while, you get a feel for an area and you can check out the medical situation. Just something, RVInit, you might want to consider.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:07 pm
RVInit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:03 pm Congratulations on your move! I really would love to leave this area after mom passes, but I am afraid of having to find a new doctor. I have traveled through Albuquerque and spent a few days there and loved it! I really loved that I could breathe through my nostrils in the southwest, no allergies at all. But I agree, the best part of getting out of Florida is the escape from DeSantis and the rest of the MAGAts infecting these parts.
As my sweetie neared retirement, I read more articles about things you should and should not do right after retiring. I thought one of the best suggestions was to rent for a period of time in an area you're thinking of moving to. How many people have sold their houses, moved, then regretted it? If you rent for a while, you get a feel for an area and you can check out the medical situation. Just something, RVInit, you might want to consider.
Great point
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:21 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:07 pm
Great point
About the renting thing, a friend of mine suggested I rent an Airbnb by the month instead of an apartment. It's actually cheaper considering all utilities included, and no lease
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Slim Cognito

Post by Maybenaut »

Also, with airbnb you could spend a month or two in different neighborhoods while you’re trying to decide which one is the best fit for you.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Introduce Yourself”