Donald J. Trump 2024

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

That is probably what he meant but… I say we run with the dictator meme.
ImageImageImage x5
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:54 am "We'll have it fixed so good you're not gonna have to vote."

I"m not sure what other people are taking away from this bit of Trump's speech to an uber-Christian group. My take is that he's going to put into place all the uber-Christian wanted laws - no abortion, no divorce, no gays, etc. - so that, in four years, the uber-Christians will have the nation they want. Since all the pro-uber-Christian laws will have been enacted, the uber-Christians can just sit back and not worry about who the next president is.
They don't think that way-ever vigilant against sin. Roe was the rule for how many years-now no more.

I take him at face value.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:04 am That is probably what he meant but… I say we run with the dictator meme.
He's talked about firing everyone who isn't loyal (and hired that young guy to do just that), he loves him many dictators (Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-Un), and so many examples of "strong man" I can't keep up. He is a wannabe dictator, and I wouldn't forget that.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

You call this a handshake?
djidiot, the shadow government

Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:17 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:54 am "We'll have it fixed so good you're not gonna have to vote."

I"m not sure what other people are taking away from this bit of Trump's speech to an uber-Christian group. My take is that he's going to put into place all the uber-Christian wanted laws - no abortion, no divorce, no gays, etc. - so that, in four years, the uber-Christians will have the nation they want. Since all the pro-uber-Christian laws will have been enacted, the uber-Christians can just sit back and not worry about who the next president is.
They don't think that way-ever vigilant against sin. Roe was the rule for how many years-now no more.

I take him at face value.
From watching the video, he was telling people (in this case Christians) who usually don't vote to come out and vote this one time. By definition, people who don't vote are not the ever vigilant types.

He was appealing for votes, basically. Reading more into it is the same shit sov cits and Q people do to get sucked into their bubbles and read hidden messeges. Turnip is not that sophisticated.
Hic sunt dracones
New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:23 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:04 am That is probably what he meant but… I say we run with the dictator meme.
He's talked about firing everyone who isn't loyal (and hired that young guy to do just that), he loves him many dictators (Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-Un), and so many examples of "strong man" I can't keep up. He is a wannabe dictator, and I wouldn't forget that.
In Russia, they either run a clown against Putin or just put criminal charges against a legit opponent and say they're disqualified.
noblepa

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:44 pm
Says the convicted felon.
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Look like they just whited out "Biden" in his standard teleprompter script and wrote in Kamala. Joe should not be allowed to run as he is committing crimes, Kamala should not be allowed to run as she is committing crimes.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Both Trump and Vance are in St. Cloud, MN this evening. Here's a gift link to a Minneapolis StarTribune article about the event. It says that they crowded 8,000 people into the hockey arena. Like other states, we have a lot of rural areas which vote Republican.

Donald Trump, JD Vance go after Harris for capacity crowd at first joint rally in Minnesota
A capacity crowd of 8,000 filled the Herb Brooks National Hockey Center, and hundreds took up standing-room-only space on what would be the ice sheet in the St. Cloud State University arena. Thousands more who couldn't get in watched the speech on a large screen outside the arena, cheering wildly when Trump called out to them multiple times.

Both Trump and Vance repeatedly railed against "illegal aliens" and complained about the media and the last election. They detailed few policy proposals of their own beyond "overfunding the police" rather than defunding them, and indicated they will portray Harris as overly friendly to criminals in the campaign.
Despite the crowd energy in St. Cloud, Minnesota Republicans have a steep hill to climb with Harris at the top of the Democratic ticket. A KSTP-TV poll on Friday showed Harris leads Trump by 10 percentage points in the state, a gap larger than Biden had before announcing he was stepping down from the race.

Earlier Saturday, DFLers gathered in St. Paul to hear from Walz before knocking on doors for Harris. The governor sharply targeted the GOP ticket. "This is the beautiful tapestry of America and not one damn stupid red hat amongst you," he told the DFL volunteers.
Quite a bit more at the link above.

I was curious, so I found a map which shows how the Minnesota voters, by county, voted in the 2020 election. Here's a link to that map.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

One thing that became clear to me tonight is that Trump's attacks on Kamala Harris aren't really landing. His audience in St. Cloud was bored to death and silent through that portion of his speech. He's still flailing.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Trump: We will be creating so much electricity that you'll be saying, please, please, president, we don't want any more electricity. We can't stand it. You'll be begging me. No more electricity, sir. We have enough. We have enough.
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

And to get all that electricity we are spending 3 times more per kWh than we used to!! :eek:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

I've been to some of the hydroelectric generation dams on the Columbia, and I can recall the many times I saw workers pouring excess electricity into the river to keep the consumer prices high. Such a scam.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Recharging the electric eels, of course, where's your Nature 101 these days :?:

Electrifying :lol:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:19 am
Trump: We will be creating so much electricity that you'll be saying, please, please, president, we don't want any more electricity. We can't stand it. You'll be begging me. No more electricity, sir. We have enough. We have enough.
:snippity:
I guess electricity is the new "winning"... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

I like one of the replies-it will be coming from Mexico. :rotflmao:
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:47 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:19 am
:snippity:
I guess electricity is the new "winning"... :bored:
You think he finally will approve the electricity driven aircraft carrier catapults over the coal steamed ones ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

There might even be enough electricity to power all those windmills out West. :batting:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Shhhhh

Itsnay ecretsay
Chilidog

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Chilidog »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:14 pm
I was curious, so I found a map which shows how the Minnesota voters, by county, voted in the 2020 election. Here's a link to that map.
I'd like to see that map adjusted for population density.

Some of those counties have more Black Bears than people.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:08 am There might even be enough electricity to power all those windmills out West. :batting:
Do the dropped birds raise again when the windmills reverse their direction? It'll be a miracle! It will prove that the deity approves the convicted felon :liar: Now the rapture is manifesing itself, slowly me hand your car keys and be a good Xian and do not reach for your handgun :twisted:
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:30 pm I'd like to see that map adjusted for population density.

Concur; maps indicate land, which doesn't vote.

I presume much (if not most) of the population is in the Twin Cities area (in the southeast-ish).
Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Some of them have more lakes than people.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bob wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:13 pm
Chilidog wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:30 pm I'd like to see that map adjusted for population density.

Concur; maps indicate land, which doesn't vote.

I presume much (if not most) of the population is in the Twin Cities area (in the southeast-ish).
It's easy to see where the Twin Cities are on that map. Minneapolis is in Hennepin County; St. Paul in Ramsey County. In the southeast you have Olmstead County, home of the Mayo Clinic. To the west of there is Blue Earth County which is home to Mankato State University. The city of Mankato is on the northern edge of the county, bringing Nicollet County into its sphere. In the northeast part of Minnesota you have Duluth in St. Louis County, and on the northwest edge of Minnesota is Clay County which is just across the border from Fargo, ND. So the large population area run blue.

Trump spoke in St. Cloud which is in Stearns County. St. Cloud is in the district represented by Tom Emmer. Michele Bachmann was the previoius Representative for that district. So yeah, we do have some whack-a-doodle believers.
Chilidog

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Chilidog »

New Turtle wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:37 pm
Chilidog wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Some of them have more lakes than people.
If Walleye could vote, who would they vote for?

Return to “US President”