7/21: Biden "Stands Down". Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 65

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

7/21: Biden "Stands Down". Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by poplove »

Fake, but funny!
@MikeBeauvais
A controversial, but understandable decision by President Joe Biden.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

@MrJulieGoldman
List of things to do before Joe Biden leaves office. A running list.

1. Invite Kristi Noem into Oval and leave her alone with Major.

2. Pardon Major.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So much for all the conspiracy theories about medavacs and him being dead...
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

These people can't keep their conspiracies straight. They've been saying for years that it's been an actor playing the part of Biden because he's dead or in a basement or on Mars or something. Just like he's both incompetent and the brains behind a complicated criminal network.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

Post by bob »

ABC (538): Biden isn't the first president to drop a reelection bid:
His situation was unique, but not without some historical parallels.
Executive summary: Biden is the first elected president to drop out while seeking a second full term.

Ascended presidents who didn't stand in a second full-term election (for whatever reason): LBJ, Truman,* Teddy, [known usurper] Arthur, the other Johnson, Fillmore, and Tyler.

Elected presidents who didn't stand in a second full-term election: Hayes, Buchanan, Pierce, and Polk.

Hayes, Buchanan, and Polk just didn't run; Pierce ran but didn't get the nomination (so he wasn't in the general election).
Edit: * As Foogy cheekily notes, Truman ascended, won his first election, but basically didn't seek a second full term. At 68, Truman in 1952 was considered too old with failing abilities.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Truman ran after ascending, but he lost.

Edit: I'm on the opposite coast, everything is opposite here.
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

c6fx2piavqed1.png
c6fx2piavqed1.png (473.52 KiB) Viewed 134 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Josh Marshall
@joshtpm

One benefit of Kamala beating Trump is SCOTUS will quickly repeal its immunity decision.
Elie Mystal
@ElieNYC

*I* like to point out that Biden has six months left on the job, no reelection to run for, and absolute immunity for the rest of his natural life. LET'S TAKE THAT OUT FOR A SPIN, SHALL WE???

:)
:lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: I feel so bad for the guy. :violin:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:11 pm I know I was a kid at the time, but I don't recall anyone demanding Johnson resign when he decided not to seek election.
There were protests aimed at him every day.

It is true however, that nobody wanted him to turnover the reigns to Hubert early. Humphrey was a very non-charismatic non-entity that would have made a lousy president (but he would have been better than Nixon).
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet

Return to “US President”