trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:43 pm It seems like even Fox is getting weary of his crap these days, maybe a Newsmax/OANN show exclusively?
Fox did not carry his recent rally in full.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

maybe the first two minutes

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:06 am https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/1 ... ers-494559
‘He’s screwed over so many publishers’: Trump confronts a skeptical book industry

The former president insists he has offers from two of the “most prestigious publishing houses.” None of the major five said they extended one.
He's been writing like crazy, all right. Only no self-respecting publisher wants to touch that fact-check nightmare.
t would be too hard to get a book that was factually accurate, actually,” said one major figure in the book publishing industry, explaining their reluctance to publish Trump. “That would be the problem. If he can’t even admit that he lost the election, then how do you publish that?”

*GASP!* You mean Trump made it all up???

I find that hard to believe.

:rotflmao:
Trump knows presidents leave office with a book deal already in place. But he doesn't have a book deal. :violin:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

LM K wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 pm

:snippity:
Trump knows presidents leave office with a book deal already in place. But he doesn't have a book deal. :violin:

But, but, but he hasn’t really left office since he’s being reinstated in August. Isn’t he? :lol:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:pickle: :lol:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Sunrise wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 pm

But, but, but he hasn’t really left office since he’s being reinstated in August. Isn’t he? :lol:
:rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... k-excerpt/
This article is adapted from “Nightmare Scenario: Inside the Trump Administration’s Response to the Pandemic That Changed History,” which will be published June 29 by HarperCollins.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar’s phone rang with an urgent request: Could he help someone at the White House obtain an experimental coronavirus treatment, known as a monoclonal antibody?

If Azar could get the drug, what would the White House need to do to make that happen? Azar thought for a moment. It was Oct. 1, 2020, and the drug was still in clinical trials. The Food and Drug Administration would have to make a “compassionate use” exception for its use since it was not yet available to the public. Only about 10 people so far had used it outside of those trials. Azar said of course he would help.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Could he help someone at the White House
only one known germophobe former resident ;)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:22 pm
noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm

I hope that the city and the venue get paid in advance.
We need some intrepid reporter to find the venue and call and ask those questions.
It’s at the Loraine County Fairgrounds, and FWIW, some prominent Ohio Republicans have said they are NOT attending. :thumbsup:
The Ohio Republican party has two basic factions, Mike Dewine and John Kasich. Neither one of them thinks much of Trump. I lot of the down ballots phucksticks still suck up to him, but nobody that really matters would piss on him if he was on fire. They, more than most state level Republicans realize that Trump has drove a stake in the heart of the party and its gonna take them a generation to repair the damage.

A guy could almost feel sorry for them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Not really. Jim Renacci who is primarying DeWine said Ohio isn't a Republican or Democratic state. It's a Trump state. Jane Timken and Josh Mandel and other minor assholes are fighting like rabid wolves for Trump's endorsement. Down ballot Rs are crazy as hell. Ohio, a state that I have lived in almost my entire life, is fucked.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The actual fairgrounds are in Bob Gibb's oddly shaped district. He was one of those who objected to the election. Right nearby is Jordon's giant salamander.

The other rep for Lorain County will likely not show. She is a D whose district covers the beach, and only the beach, from Toledo to Western Cleveland.
101010 :towel:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Otherwise known as The Snake Along The Lake.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 pm Not really. Jim Renacci who is primarying DeWine said Ohio isn't a Republican or Democratic state. It's a Trump state. Jane Timken and Josh Mandel and other minor assholes are fighting like rabid wolves for Trump's endorsement. Down ballot Rs are crazy as hell. Ohio, a state that I have lived in almost my entire life, is fucked.
Good points, but what I was thinking was the grown ups, who in about 5 years give or take are gonna have to clean this phuckstain up, are not so bad.

The down ballot people are, as you say, bugfuck nutz but gerrymandering has done that. In districts like Gym Jordan has, Caligula's Horse is the moderate candidate and we can count on a full slate of people who will try to be as stupid as EmmTeeGee, but to win statewide races, you have to carry tow of the three of Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland metros. Columbus and Cleveland lean left at least, Cincinnati not so much, but there is hope.

Out here on the wire at The Well Armed Bunker Complex in South Lebanon, we have to drive past 3 confederate flags, 3 Buicks on cinder blocks, a diner that legit has more Trump paraphernalia visible from the street than and Alabama lynch mob going to a Trump Rally and three trailer parks before you turn up through the nature preserve and get into the million dollar homes that are just as Republican as "the village" but have enough taste not to show it. (I think our HOA bans campaign signs) Many a night, a lonely dachshund has had to patrol the perimeter in fear for his or her life, cause them Fascists are training the squirrels and rabbits for the inevitable showdown

(I couldn't help myself)
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I feel your pain, Gregg. I am fortunate to live in the shining blue jewel of Clintonville, a neighborhood north of OSU. It is bluer than blue and I sometimes forget the other Trump-infested parts of Ohio like yours. You are right, the grown-ups like DeWine have their hands full tamping down the craziness.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:55 am I feel your pain, Gregg. I am fortunate to live in the shining blue jewel of Clintonville, a neighborhood north of OSU. It is bluer than blue and I sometimes forget the other Trump-infested parts of Ohio like yours. You are right, the grown-ups like DeWine have their hands full tamping down the craziness.
Me too. I live in the Cleveland area, which is overwhelmingly blue.

I'm not a big fan of DeWine, but I think he is an honest man, trying to govern the state for the good of the people. I don't always agree with his definition of the "good of the people", however.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/politics ... index.html
(CNN)A White House staffer and former Texas state representative are among those suing several participants of a "Trump Train" that allegedly harassed a Biden campaign bus last October in Texas, claiming in a lawsuit filed Thursday that the Trump supporters engaged in coordinated, illegal political intimidation in violation of the Ku Klux Klan Act.

The complaint was filed on behalf White House staffer, David Gins; former Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis; former Biden campaign volunteer Eric Cervini; and the driver of the Biden campaign bus, Timothy Holloway. The plaintiffs wrote in their complaint filed in the Western District of Texas that on October 30, the Trump supporters "terrorized and menaced the driver and passengers on the Biden-Harris Campaign's bus" for at least 90 minutes, forcing the bus to slow to a crawl on a major highway while swerving in front of the bus to block its path.

"They played a madcap game of highway 'chicken,' coming within three to four inches of the bus," the lawsuit alleges. "They tried to run the bus off the road," referring to the defendants.

The complaint alleges that the defendants -- named as Eliazar Cisneros, Hannah Ceh, Joeylynn Mesaros, Robert Mesaros, Dolores Park, and a Jane and John Doe -- conspired beforehand to surround and block the bus in violation of the Ku Klux Klan Act, passed by Congress in 1871 to prohibit the obstruction of free and fair elections via the coordinated intimidation of voters. As a result of their actions, they claim, the campaign was forced to cancel its stops in San Marcos and Austin out of fear for their safety.

CNN has reached out to the defendants in the suit. None of them have been criminally charged in the incident
Video at the link that supposedly hasn't been seen publicly before.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://thebulwark.com/brace-yourself-t ... s-weekend/
When former president Donald Trump announced he was relaunching his rally roadshow—with the first stop being in Wellington, Ohio tomorrow—the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram had this reaction in an op-ed: “Why us? . . . It’s enough to inspire both anticipation and dread.”

While Trump supporters will dismiss such expressions with their usual disdain for the media, his appearance in Ohio should, indeed, inspire some dread. It is very much a singular act, focused on targeting one GOP member of Congress.

Rep. Anthony Gonzalez was one of ten Republicans to vote for Trump’s second impeachment, and his district runs close to this part of Ohio. For that reason, Trump is going to take over the Lorain County Fairgrounds tomorrow to blast a sitting congressman who won his district in 2020 by more than 25 percent, and even ran ahead of Trump by 15,000 votes.

“No, I just don’t think Gonzalez is good. I don’t think he represents the people. I think he’s not somebody that thinks the way I do and others do,” Trump said in a recent podcast, explaining his rationale for the rally.

With a stage set up in the fairgrounds of a small town that is little more than an intersection in farm country, what should we expect?

“Of course, he’s going to talk about some of the Republicans he thinks stabbed him in the back, starting with Anthony Gonzalez in Ohio, Liz Cheney [of Wyoming], Adam Kinzinger [of Illinois], and the people who voted against him in the House during the impeachment,” predicted David B. Cohen, a political scientist at the University of Akron in a recent interview. “I think it’s mostly going to be a Donald Trump pity party.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Trump struggles to explain what Melania is doing post-White House: 'She's low key but not actually low key'

Travis Gettys
June 25, 2021

Former president Donald Trump gave a rambling explanation for his wife's activities since leaving the White House nearly six months ago.

The twice-impeached one-term president called in to Newsmax TV for a lengthy interview, and the hosts asked what Melania Trump had been up to since leaving Washington, D.C., as President Joe Biden was sworn in.

"It's very funny," Trump began. "She's a very confident person. She was very successful as a model, she was very, very successful. and she is low key, but not actually low key, but she's low key and the people love her. For instance, I'm making a speech in Ohio, where they're going to have big crowds, they already have them lined up. We're going have big crowds tomorrow night, and when I go there, there will be many, many signs. 'We love our first lady, we love our first lady,' and a lot of times they show a picture of a high heel, a shoe with a high heel."

That sent him off on a tirade about media coverage of his wife's outfit while touring damage wrought by Hurricane Harvey.

snip

"That's when they scammed us, when she went to a hurricane, and in Texas, and we left for Air Force One, and she feels an obligation to be beautifully dressed representing the people of our country, so she walked into the plane wearing, you know, we're looking great," Trump said, "and then she had a bag and the bag was sneakers and a sweatsuit and all the things, right? And she got hammered for going to a hurricane that way, you know, etc., etc., and the high heels became a big thing, anyway. They love the first lady and the people, and you don't read that, you don't read that and they, the news loves to keep her out, and that's okay, frankly, with her it's absolutely okay. You understand, she's got a lot of confidence, got a lot of confidence."

https://www.rawstory.com/melania-trump-2653547698/
tek

Post by tek »

"Tennis lessons"
bob

Post by bob »

The twice-impeached one-term president
TIOTP! (Or maybe TI OTP.)

(Yes, yes: I know it technically would be TOP.)
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

But in all that rambling he doesn’t really answer the question, does he?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:29 pm But in all that rambling he doesn’t really answer the question, does he?
She's wearing high heels. That's all, just the heels.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Azastan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:42 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:29 pm But in all that rambling he doesn’t really answer the question, does he?
She's wearing high heels. That's all, just the heels.
Can you really be low key in high heels?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Can you really be low key in high heels?
I kinda think the Former Guy actually meant 'low class', not 'low key', but he's getting old.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”