MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
pipistrelle

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:44 pm I'm not happy, but ...

Joe Biden apparently made his own decision.
He was forced out. The media fixation wasn't ending, and the donors were all yippee-ky-yay.

A nasty bout with COVID may have been the final push, but while he may have made his own decision, his choices were (a), (a), or (a).
p0rtia

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

But he did make the final, gracious announcement, choosing his time and place, not waiting till the final moment.
bob

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by bob »

And, of course:
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by p0rtia »

Who wrote that?

:shrug:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by neonzx »

neeneko wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:44 pm I am actually kinda surprised they did it so soon, though maybe just in time. With trump making such a big deal about his nomination and assassination attempt, this kinda move is a great way to wrench the media spotlight back from him. I imagine strategists were trying to work out when would be the most devastating time to do it.
Thinking about it. As painful as it was temporarily for some Dem voters (whom I hope are now recovering and energized)...
Dropping the Biden letter mid day Sunday. clotheslined the Trump team. They are scrambling.
pipistrelle

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:17 pm :yeahthat:

But he did make the final, gracious announcement, choosing his time and place, not waiting till the final moment.
Yeah, but I'm going to be forever pissed that he went from the party nominee with most convinced he could beat Trump to "dementia" and "loser" despite proving after the debate he was fine.
pipistrelle

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:19 pm Who wrote that?

Where's the THANK YOU!
p0rtia

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:20 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:19 pm Who wrote that?

Where's the THANK YOU!
And the MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN 2024!!!
RVInit

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:41 pm
bob wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:36 pm
Resume18 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:29 pm

I worry about the opposite.
Yeah, while this may encourage some additional votes, I tend to agree there will be overall fewer Democratic voters.
I'll take the over on that. I think there will be more; I think this will fire up the Dem electorate.

But--only if the fucking Dem party doesn't fuck it by trying to go around Kamala and splitting the party in half.
:yeahthat: I totally agree. The majority of Americans did not want a Trump/Biden rematch, they want something different. For many reasons, including that one, I had hoped Biden would not run again. He was 77 in 2020 and he took the job of POTUS seriously enough to have been one of the most consequential presidents of my life. And it aged him horribly, as any serious person is aged by that kind of responsibility. Americans are ready for a new generation and someone youthful to run for President. I love Joe Biden with all my heart and he saved us in 2020. I believe Harris can energize Democrats, especially with Biden's blessing. Young people love her, and I don't mean just the college age who are not reliable voters, but young as in under 50. And women will go for her, I believe. She's a more effective communicator than she's given credit for.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Suranis

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by Suranis »

Ya, that's what they said about the youthful (Under 50) Obama, and "the left" crucified him for 8 years. Se also Bill Clinton, 46 when he became President.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by Luke »

neeneko wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:44 pm I am actually kinda surprised they did it so soon, though maybe just in time. With trump making such a big deal about his nomination and assassination attempt, this kinda move is a great way to wrench the media spotlight back from him. I imagine strategists were trying to work out when would be the most devastating time to do it.
This. They knocked the RNC right off the news. No doubt to me that's why the impeached felon is so angry. That's all he cares about, the publicity. I've been trying not to write about him unless it's something important (or bad for him); that's my little way to reduce his mentions because you know his Google Trends report is the first thing he sees with his covfefe. (Of course, he reads The Fogbow right after the Trends report :P )
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by bob »

Luke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:30 amThey knocked the RNC right off the news. No doubt to me that's why the impeached felon is so angry. That's all he cares about, the publicity.
I tend to concur. The foreseeable news cycle is going to be pre-Democratic-convention jockeying (well, pre-convention-virtual-vote jockeying), people vocally supporting Harris as the nominee, the fresh veepstakes, etc.

And I expect a fresh round of articles explaining that, yes, Harris is eligible.
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I think Kamala will engage the under 40 voters - woman, mixed heritage, she can dance, etc. Two old white guys running is so last century.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:17 pm And, of course:
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1815169070066458661
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski
Poor guy is very emotional tonight.
1:36 AM · Jul 22, 2024
Will the Democrats also get extra campaign money when #45 gets put off the campaign trail :?: :roll:

ps. NADT

Return to “Current Politics”