Kamala Harris for President - 2024

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kamala Harris deserves her own thread on her run for the presidency. The title can be updated once she selects a VP candidate.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:15 pm Kamala Harris deserves her own thread on her run for the presidency. The title can be updated once she selects a VP candidate.
:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1815115149377765790
Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

TECHNICALLY, Kamala Harris is two months too old to be considered Gen X, but we are tired of being overlooked so we are claiming her.
Kamala was born 10/20/1964, two months before Gen X official began. However, Baby Boomers span 18 years and I've always had a hard time lumping people born in 1946 with those born in 1964. I'm perfectly fine with Gen X claiming her.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Us foreigners are always a bit mystified by all this "Gen X" etc stuff because it does not really exist anywhere else.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:42 pm Us foreigners are always a bit mystified by all this "Gen X" etc stuff because it does not really exist anywhere else.
What it really boils down to is a shared place in history. For Baby Boomers, many of us had parents affected by WWII. We shared the growing economy of the '50s and the history of our age group going off to war in Vietnam. We had Elvis Presley and the Beatles. We had The Price is Right and Gilligan's Island.

Gen X had their own shared time in history and were shaped by it.

To understand a generation, it helps to understand the forces at work while they were growing up. Their shared history has an effect on how they view the world.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I love Kamala Harris. She was my first choice in 2020. I had an old iPhone cover that was black with white lettering that read simply "I'm speaking."

I think I'll see if I can find one for my current phone.
ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:15 pm Kamala Harris deserves her own thread on her run for the presidency. The title can be updated once she selects a VP candidate.
Thank you, MN-Skeptic. ❤️
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:27 pm https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1815115149377765790
Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

TECHNICALLY, Kamala Harris is two months too old to be considered Gen X, but we are tired of being overlooked so we are claiming her.
Kamala was born 10/20/1964, two months before Gen X official began. However, Baby Boomers span 18 years and I've always had a hard time lumping people born in 1946 with those born in 1964. I'm perfectly fine with Gen X claiming her.
Generation Jones:

The term Generation Jones was first coined in 1999 by the American cultural commentator Jonathan Pontell, who identified the cohort as those born from 1954 to 1965 in the U.S

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

r/GenerationJones on Reddit.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

I just made a donation to Kamala Harris' campaign. I need to know if my prior donation to Joe Biden "counts" against the maximum I can donate during the primary cycle. Does anyone know?

I am enthusiastic.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

If'n you are enthusiastic, I can't be morose. :rockon:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
bob

Post by bob »

This is should not shock anyone here, but there are many, many accounts (read: probably many bots) pushing that Harris isn't a natural-born citizen.

Some are even throwing in Obama, as well. :roll:
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Donated.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:52 pm I love Kamala Harris. She was my first choice in 2020. I had an old iPhone cover that was black with white lettering that read simply "I'm speaking."

You can make one https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+cases
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bob wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:47 pm This is should not shock anyone here, but there are many, many accounts (read: probably many bots) pushing that Harris isn't a natural-born citizen.

Some are even throwing in Obama, as well. :roll:
Calm down, bob. Your friend Sharon and her advisers will help you in these difficult times.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Adam Schiff endorses Kamala Harris.

The DNC delegation from TN unanimously switched their votes to Harris.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

I donated, too. My second political donation ever.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Mrich wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:58 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:52 pm I love Kamala Harris. She was my first choice in 2020. I had an old iPhone cover that was black with white lettering that read simply "I'm speaking."

You can make one https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+cases
TY
ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Olivia Nuzzi
@Olivianuzzi

Barack Obama NOT endorsing Kamala Harris: “I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges.”

https://barackobama.medium.com/my-state ... b78b3ba3fc
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

YES WE KAM

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

That is a gorgeous poster. I want one for my new yard sign. Anyone talking VP? My son had a brilliant suggestion--how about Barack Obama? Nothing legally against it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:16 pm https://x.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1815111683213582569
Olivia Nuzzi
@Olivianuzzi

Barack Obama NOT endorsing Kamala Harris: “I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges.”

https://barackobama.medium.com/my-state ... b78b3ba3fc
That, of course, is a complete bullshit take on the full statement
My Statement on President Biden’s Announcement

2 hours ago

Joe Biden has been one of America’s most consequential presidents, as well as a dear friend and partner to me. Today, we’ve also been reminded — again — that he’s a patriot of the highest order.

Sixteen years ago, when I began my search for a vice president, I knew about Joe’s remarkable career in public service. But what I came to admire even more was his character — his deep empathy and hard-earned resilience; his fundamental decency and belief that everyone counts.

Since taking office, President Biden has displayed that character again and again. He helped end the pandemic, created millions of jobs, lowered the cost of prescription drugs, passed the first major piece of gun safety legislation in 30 years, made the biggest investment to address climate change in history, and fought to ensure the rights of working people to organize for fair wages and benefits. Internationally, he restored America’s standing in the world, revitalized NATO, and mobilized the world to stand up against Russian aggression in Ukraine.

More than that, President Biden pointed us away from the four years of chaos, falsehood, and division that had characterized Donald Trump’s administration. Through his policies and his example, Joe has reminded us of who we are at our best — a country committed to old-fashioned values like trust and honesty, kindness and hard work; a country that believes in democracy, rule of law, and accountability; a country that insists that everyone, no matter who they are, has a voice and deserves a chance at a better life.

This outstanding track record gave President Biden every right to run for re-election and finish the job he started. Joe understands better than anyone the stakes in this election — how everything he has fought for throughout his life, and everything that the Democratic Party stands for, will be at risk if we allow Donald Trump back in the White House and give Republicans control of Congress.

I also know Joe has never backed down from a fight. For him to look at the political landscape and decide that he should pass the torch to a new nominee is surely one of the toughest in his life. But I know he wouldn’t make this decision unless he believed it was right for America. It’s a testament to Joe Biden’s love of country — and a historic example of a genuine public servant once again putting the interests of the American people ahead of his own that future generations of leaders will do well to follow.

We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead. But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges. I believe that Joe Biden’s vision of a generous, prosperous, and united America that provides opportunity for everyone will be on full display at the Democratic Convention in August. And I expect that every single one of us are prepared to carry that message of hope and progress forward into November and beyond.

For now, Michelle and I just want to express our love and gratitude to Joe and Jill for leading us so ably and courageously during these perilous times — and for their commitment to the ideals of freedom and equality that this country was founded on.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:06 pm
Calm down, bob. Your friend Sharon and her advisers will help you in these difficult times.
My dream of more birther litigation just may happen! :towel:

To state the obvious (and "for completeness"), Harris is not yet the nominee, or even presumptive nominee.

But you can bet that many heavy movers are working like hell to ensure that she's not (seriously) contested at the convention. Yes, Phillips and Palmer ("Who??!?) received delegates; they're still entited to a first-round vote. (The virtual pre-convention vote.)

So I expect Biden will release his delegates, once (especially) there have been reassurances than no one is going to make a play at the convention. (In fact, I expect Harris to be the nominee once the convention officially starts. 'Cuz, ya know, the virtual pre-convention process; thanks, Ohio.)
Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:19 pm That is a gorgeous poster. I want one for my new yard sign. Anyone talking VP? My son had a brilliant suggestion--how about Barack Obama? Nothing legally against it.
Michelle, although she won't.

Return to “US President”