Donald J. Trump 2024

busterbunker

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by busterbunker »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:19 am For as vain as Trump is, I fail to see why he found that bandage acceptable. Was it to make his owie look as horrendous as possible and maximize MAGA sympathy?
Halloween Costume, sponsored by the Dollar Store. Bone Spurs is now a War Hero.
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

He needed a bandage type that wouldn't touch or interfere with his hair.
Hic sunt dracones
busterbunker

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by busterbunker »

Befitting for anyone who needs to appear in public. Accept your fate. Sometimes a gauze pad is just a gauze pad.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:19 am For as vain as Trump is, I fail to see why he found that bandage acceptable. Was it to make his owie look as horrendous as possible and maximize MAGA sympathy?
He can now proudly display the Purple Heart medal donated to him :twisted:
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

LOL He was more concerned about his lift shoes than the nick on his ear. :rotflmao:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Self explanatory - it ain't no big deal

pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Watched a one hour show about the JFK assassination on Prime last night. Prior to the Dallas shooting, there were other attempts including a suicide bomber. What surprised me was learning the parallels to current events including speculation the election was rigged - that the Democrats stolen the election from Nixon. So, this GOP tactic is not new.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Seriously, what caused the bleeding? A round at that range and that close should have done more damage. Does he even have a scab?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

My theory is his ferret bit him.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:24 am Seriously, what caused the bleeding? A round at that range and that close should have done more damage. Does he even have a scab?
Personally I like the theory that it was a shard of glass from the teleprompter which hit Trump. That, however, doesn't make Trump the hero his followers want, so you will never hear that theory repeated again.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Mr brolin »

As mentioned by yours truly previously, if an actual 5.56 round at circa 3,000 fps had actually come close enough to his ear to actually knick it, it would, at best, have blown his eardrum out from the pressure wave of a supersonic round at zero inches.

He would have blood, snot and ick dicharging from his ear, he would have issues with his balance, would be in a not inconsiderable degree of discomfort and pain, possible/probable tinnitus and vertigo.

So, bit of a slice and dice on the top of his ear, oh dear, what a shame, so sorry, not really......
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Ya, I'm coming to realise I never goofed by posting that after all. It fits the facts as we see them. And if he was creaming for his shoes he was not in any serious pain.
Hic sunt dracones
HoperUp

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by HoperUp »

Man got shot and stood up so quick I started laughing.
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Thinking back to the photo with the bullet whizzing by his ear, a man on twitter who is apparently some sort of photography savant has very, VERY carefully explained how the photog got the shot and how it's perfectly reasonable for a bullet to be photographed. What he didn't explain is how a bullet travels relatively level with trump's jawline and yet nicks the top of his ear. When asked specifically about why there didn't appear to be a downward trajectory, his response was that there was.

I even got out my handy little ruler and lined it up with the path of the bullet as it passes behind him. I'm not a mathematician, but I don't see any way that the path runs from the top of his ear to horizontal in just a few inches. Any ideas of why or how this is an optical illusion?
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

I think there's a shocking lack of curiosity about all this.

1. Trump gets shot by a random 20-year-old Dylan Kliebold clone who has no friends, no family, no job, no school, no internet footprint, and so far, no apparent motivation beyond "got bullied in high school."

2. Shooter manages to get on a vantage point less than 1000 feet from a presidential candidate, with an assault rifle. There's YouTube videos of a nearby crowd watching his movement, and rightly being discomforted by it. Somebody in security SPECTACULARLY failed at their job. Like, failed a little too well. Even I know it's SOP to lock such places down for a presidential visit. (Trump being a former president counts.)

3. Trump is shot as perfectly harmlessly as possible. As others have said, shouldn't being shot in the ear cause a ruptured eardrum, disorientation, or some kind of unmistakable, non-superficial damage? Maybe a little mental trauma? Having a bullet whiz by your head is not something you brush off, and go golfing that night. It's relevant to point out here that Trump is a 79-year-old man, and not a particularly healthy one.

4. Why did someone with the ability to hit Trump in the dome also hit three random people in the crowd? An assassin wouldn't do this. An angry random loner who brought an AR to the party, would have fired a lot more shots.

5. The victim is also straight out of central casting. "Girl mom", firefighter, "was protecting his family," wife refuses condolences for Joe Biden, then says it's not political. White too, but that's hardly a rare trait in an audience of Trumpers.

6. Why are there so few details about all this? Is there any evidence of shots that missed? What's the timeframe; were the other people shot before or after Trump? Where were they all relative to the shooter position and the stage? Did the secret service prevent a greater catastrophe? I get that the secret service doesn't want to go into detail, but this was all in public view with tons of cameras pointed at the scene. There should be a lot more amateur forensics than there are.
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:14 pm I'm not a mathematician, but I don't see any way that the path runs from the top of his ear to horizontal in just a few inches. Any ideas of why or how this is an optical illusion?
I'm thinking it's something like the JFK "magic bullet" theories, which ignore the fact that the people hit by the bullet weren't perfectly seated in a line. Trump's head may have been at an angle somehow.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:58 am Ya, I'm coming to realise I never goofed by posting that after all. It fits the facts as we see them. And if he was creaming for his shoes he was not in any serious pain.
People have pointed out the teleprompters seemed intact. It’s a mystery.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

TheNewSaint

I don't disagree with your post in general, but he lived with his parents, so family. He was such a bad shot in high school that they wouldn't let him join the rifle club. He could have improved over time, I suppose.

Also, I've had a ruptured eardrum, and it's extremely painful and disorienting, I passed out from it at one point.

I think there are a lot of questions that are being glossed over and need to be answered.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

This angle looks like the teleprompter got clipped
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:50 pm He was such a bad shot in high school that they wouldn't let him join the rifle club.
He got off a hell of a shot at Trump then. Maybe this info is still coming in, but the last few days haven't been the flurry of information you'd expect in 2024. I remember the Reagan shooting unfolding faster.

I hadn't heard about the parents, thank you for the correction.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:57 pm

This angle looks like the teleprompter got clipped
Thanks. I’m firmly convinced a bullet didn’t hit his ear, and even what did hit him didn’t cause much injury. He acted like it was no worse than a bee sting. I’ve had stronger reactions to black fly bites.

You’d think Meal Team Six would figure it out.
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

If it's true that a piece of the teleprompter hit him, that would explain why Trump suffered few ill effects from having a gunshot so near his head. It also fits the assertion that the shooter wasn't a very good shot; he actually failed to hit Trump at all. And the small amount of blood always seemed a little sus to me. I've done worse damage to myself shaving.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:02 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:50 pm He was such a bad shot in high school that they wouldn't let him join the rifle club.
He got off a hell of a shot at Trump then. Maybe this info is still coming in, but the last few days haven't been the flurry of information you'd expect in 2024. I remember the Reagan shooting unfolding faster.

I hadn't heard about the parents, thank you for the correction.
[/quote/]

No biggie. I live just a few miles from his home, use the street regularly (but probably not this week as the street is cordoned off), and can't get away, especially on the local news, from every little tidbit that comes out about him.

I also think the crowd behaved weirdly. I think crowds in a shooting situation like that usually scatter, but these people mostly just remained in place. I've never been in a situation like that, so possibly there's a good explanation for it. It just seemed weird to me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “US President”