Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by northland10 »

I checked the Iowa courts. There were lots of moving violations, no registration, no insurance etc. This guy does not like having any rules as we have seen. He even managed to get a darkened window violation back in the 90s before it was as popular.

The only other thing I could find was a simple misdemeanor domestic assault that was dismissed. I suspect there may have been more unreported assaults. This guy hates rules and has anger issues.
101010 :towel:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Jim wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:07 pm Dirtbag in Iowa sentenced to 10 years for assaulting guy who asked him to raise his mask in a store.

Not a fan of mandatory sentencing, but I can live with this one.

NBC News
@NBCNews
An Iowa man convicted of assaulting a man who told him to pull his mask up last year was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to a court representative.
Well, bye.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:51 am Since you won't obey the no BLM ("it is a political message about getting rid of police officers, rioting, burning buildings down...we all know.") rule and celebrated Amanda Gorman ("some chick that did a poem at Biden's so-called Inauguration"), I won't wear a mask! 9yo. I have a 9yo, they are very opinionated. Mine's on the other side though. Sanctity of life be damned, my 9yo has called for the death penalty against people who use the N-word. Glass houses.
Mom or dad wrote that. Ugggg.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Jim wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:07 pm Dirtbag in Iowa sentenced to 10 years for assaulting guy who asked him to raise his mask in a store.

Not a fan of mandatory sentencing, but I can live with this one.

NBC News
@NBCNews
An Iowa man convicted of assaulting a man who told him to pull his mask up last year was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to a court representative.
What a moron. He could have had 2 years probation. Nope. Had to go to trial. Good. His ass needs to be in prison.

His dad is a moron, too.
Michael was arrested and charged with assault causing bodily injury. In February, Polk County prosecutors offered a plea deal that would have allowed Michael to enter a plea to willful injury causing bodily Injury, a Class D felony, with the state requesting a deferred judgment that would have resulted in two years of probation.

Michael rejected that offer, opting to take his case to a jury. Prosecutors then upgraded charge to willful injury causing serious injury, a Class C forcible felony. On April 1, a Polk County jury found Michael guilty of the lesser offense of assault causing bodily injury.

Michael’s attorney, Eric Manning, said the convicting offense carries a mandatory 10-year prison term.

Michael’s father, Dennis Michael, said his son rejected the plea deal offered by prosecutors because he felt he was acting in self-defense and had not committed a crime. He said his son has asthma, “and so he’s not going to cover his nose and mouth because he can’t breathe. And there was no mask mandate in place. It was just a request by Vision 4 Less that people wear a mask, and he was.”

He said the sentence is not fair given the nature of the offense. “It’s like (Dinning) got a black eye in a bar fight, and now my son is getting 10 years in prison,” he said.

Michael’s wife, Becky, said she and her husband have six grown children and she’s unsure how she’s going to get by with her husband in prison. “He’s my rock, he’s my protector,” she said. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without him. I’m lost without him.”
People with asthma can absolutely wear a mask. You have to try various masks to find what works. I wear disposable masks because I have asthma. I don't like using disposable masks because they create a lot of waste. But they work.

Dad seems to think that getting beat up in a bar fight isn't assault.

I can't believe this guy passed on the plea deal. Now he gets to wear a mask everyday. The prison won't make exceptions for asthma. (Unless it's super severe asthma, which it isn't.)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Six grown children? He's 42. He was right busy early on.
101010 :towel:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

LM K wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:53 pm What a moron. He could have had 2 years probation. Nope. Had to go to trial. Good. His ass needs to be in prison.

His dad is a moron, too.

I can't believe this guy passed on the plea deal. Now he gets to wear a mask everyday. The prison won't make exceptions for asthma. (Unless it's super severe asthma, which it isn't.)
I can't even imagine the thought process to walk on two years' probation and get convicted for a felony with a lengthy mandatory sentence instead. Oh, and since it's a felony, no moar gunz.

Did this idiot think that he had some majick persuasive powers that would put the jury in the palm of his hand? Particularly after they were shown the photos of the old guy he beat up, and had medical experts testifying about the severity of the guy's injuries? Is it white entitlement or stupidity?

There are certainly examples we've seen before of people's delusions about their persuasive power. I recall pretend judge Bruce Doucette's Facebook posts and some of the conference calls from his pretend grand jury group a few years back, where he was absolutely convinced that he was edumacating the judge and the jury in all things Constitutional. His wife's Facebook postings were starry-eyed in their adoration for his articulate vision and his legal brilliance. In reality, of course, as the press reported, he had trouble coming up with even minimally relevant questions while conducting a cross-examination that was just painful to watch. And the jury took only a few minutes to convict him of dozens of charges.

What would make this guy think he could win the sympathy of a jury who had tons of evidence of the pain a defenseless old geezer suffered at his hands? And what would make this guy think he could beat a prosecutor who smelled an easy conviction to pad out his statistics for getting tough on crime?

I hope he thinks the damage he has inflicted on his wife was worth that moment of owning that ancient lib.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Specifics of the assault:
When Dinning (victim) left the store, Michael followed him, cornered him outside and started to assault him, Dinning told police. Michael gouged Dinning's eye, kneed him in the genitals where he had recently had surgery and spit and coughed on him, saying, "If I have it, you have it."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1270721
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So glad he didn't take the two years probation, that was a sweetheart deal he shouldn't have gotten anyway, given the seriousness of his offenses.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 am Is it white entitlement or stupidity?
Those are probably in there, but I would guess that investment in identity is the bigger issue. He was so upset at the dishonor of being criticized regarding a mask that he beat up a person. He has presented the narrative that he was assaulted and defending himself, which for his own sense of honor is probably exactly how he sees it. Taking probation would mean admitting he was in the wrong, and fear of that was probably overwhelming.

Think about the games from the Saw movies, 'do something painful now to avoid death later', with part of the idea being that people might be unwilling to self inflict injuries in the present even though they know failure to do so will have a greater consequence in the future. He probably was fully aware that he would not do well at trial, but the emotional pain of taking the deal was insurmountable.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm sure Wifey is upset, just like Trussell's wife was upset. Just like all those significant others and family members were upset when their Black loved ones were set up for years in prison, or outright murdered by rogue LEOs.*

But in THIS case, as with Trussell, maybe it would be best to consider happy spouse/don't be a louse.

*I'm not comparing this idiot with George Floyd. I'm comparing him to Chauvin. Floyd was a victim. I'm just pointing out the hardship it causes on family members when the breadwinner, or breading-winning partner, does something stupid. It often robs multiple families of their possibly only, or at least a significant amount of, their means of support.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The damndest thing --- last week on Thursday and Friday when management was not in, the three unvaccinated employees wandered around everywhere with no mask in sight (not even a pretense of having one at hand), like maybe they did relent and get vaccinated. Lo and behold now that management is back in the office, they're wearing their masks again.

I'm also betting that one of those three who went to WalMart for groceries Friday afternoon didn't wear his mask into the store, going on the vaccinated don't have to wear masks honor system.

F*** them.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:04 pm I'm just pointing out the hardship it causes on family members when the breadwinner, or breading-winning partner, does something stupid. It often robs multiple families of their possibly only, or at least a significant amount of, their means of support.
It also highlights the lack of robustness in the modern american 'nuclear families looking after their own interests' focus.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Testimony doesn't go according to plan.

Nurse uses key, hairpin to try to prove she is magnetic from vaccine during Ohio House hearing
A woman who identified herself as a nurse practitioner student tried to defend an Ohio doctor’s unproven claim by proving she actually is magnetic after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.

Joanna Overholt, who said she previously worked in an intensive care unit and is currently a nurse practitioner student, spoke during Tuesday’s Ohio House Health Committee hearing as a proponent for House Bill 248.

Overholt used her time at the podium to try to defend a myth shared by Cleveland-area physician Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who claimed that the COVID-19 vaccine leads to magnetism and causes metal objects to stick to the shot recipient’s body.

During the demonstration, Overholt tried to prove Dr. Tenpenny’s point to be true by sticking a key and bobby pin to her skin at the hearing for the “Enact Vaccine Choice and Anti-Discrimination Act.”

“Explain to me why the key sticks to me. It sticks to my neck, too,” Overholt said. “If somebody could explain this, that would be great.”

Both objects fell off Overholt’s skin.

Overholt’s testimony begins around the 14-minute mark:
:snippity: [couldn't embed video]

Since Tuesday, the Ohio House Health Committee hearing has become a joke on social media, with many making memes out of the testimonies of Overholt and Dr. Tenpenny.
:snippity:
:rotflmao:

Tenpenny is a D.O. that spreads extreme anti-vaccine and covid 19 bullshit. She's nuts, but persuasive, and thus, dangerous.

https://archive.is/2021.03.25-074028/ht ... le-for-two
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I can explain it.

You're a fucking idiot.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm Testimony doesn't go according to plan.

Since Tuesday, the Ohio House Health Committee hearing has become a joke on social media, with many making memes out of the testimonies of Overholt and Dr. Tenpenny.

:rotflmao:

Tenpenny is a D.O. that spreads extreme anti-vaccine and covid 19 bullshit. She's nuts, but persuasive, and thus, dangerous.
Monday late afternoon, I was visiting a neighbor outside on her lanai and another neighbor(the crazy 5g lady) saw me and came over and wanted to know where I got my vax injections. I told her both shots in my right shoulder. So she lifts my shirt sleeve and tries to get a metal trinket to stick. Needless to say, it didn't work. :lol:

It's like all these nutjobs who believe this never did the hang-a-spoon-from-your-nose trick in their youth. :roll:

LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 pm Monday late afternoon, I was visiting a neighbor outside on her lanai and another neighbor(the crazy 5g lady) saw me and came over and wanted to know where I got my vax injections. I told her both shots in my right shoulder. So she lifts my shirt sleeve and tries to get a metal trinket to stick. Needless to say, it didn't work. :lol:

It's like all these nutjobs who believe this never did the hang-a-spoon-from-your-nose trick in their youth. :roll:

Where did you find the sekrit non-magnetic vaccine? I thought that was reserved for active military, only.
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:05 pm I can explain it.

You're a fucking idiot.
You’re a dirty greasy idiot.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

153 people resigned or were fired from a Texas hospital system after refusing to get vaccinated
Houston Methodist was one of the nation’s first health systems to impose a coronavirus vaccine mandate

Dan Diamond
June 22, 2021 at 11:40 p.m. GMT+2

More than 150 health-care workers who did not comply with a Houston-based hospital system’s vaccine mandate have been fired or resigned, more than a week after a federal judge upheld the policy.

Houston Methodist — one of the first health systems to require the coronavirus shots — terminated or accepted the resignations of 153 workers Tuesday, spokeswoman Gale Smith said. Smith declined to specify how many were in each category.

The hospital system announced April 1 that staffers would need to be vaccinated to keep their jobs. While 24,947 workers did get vaccinated by earlier deadlines, Houston Methodist suspended 178 workers who had failed to do so on June 7, giving them an additional two weeks to prove they had been immunized. Twenty-five of those employees did get vaccinated, Smith said.

Earlier this month, a federal district court judge dismissed a lawsuit brought by one of those employees, Jennifer Bridges, a former nurse who alleged the policy was unlawful and forced staffers to be “guinea pigs” for vaccines that had not gone through the full Food and Drug Administration approval process. The FDA has authorized three coronavirus vaccines for emergency use, following rigorous clinical trials involving tens of thousands of people, and both Pfizer and Moderna have applied for full approval for their vaccines.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... e-mandate/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Coronavirus outbreak killed two at Fla. office, official says. A vaccinated person was spared.

Timothy Bella
June 22, 2021 at 7:39 p.m. GMT+2

A coronavirus outbreak at a Florida government building killed two people and hospitalized several others who were unvaccinated against the virus, a county official said.

The Manatee County Administration Building reopened Monday after the virus that causes covid-19 spread throughout the county’s IT department and forced the building to shut down on Friday. Manatee County Administrator Scott Hopes, who is also an epidemiologist, said six unvaccinated employees, including five in the IT department, tested positive for the virus within a two-week period.

The two IT employees who died last week were identified in local media and obituaries as Mary Knight, 58, and Alphonso Cox, 53.

Hopes said that the one IT employee, 23, exposed to the virus who was vaccinated did not get infected.

“This particular outbreak demonstrates the effectiveness, I believe, with the vaccine,” he said to reporters Monday. “All of the cases were non-vaccinated. They were unvaccinated.” He added in a news release, “Individual employees in the IT Department who were known to be fully vaccinated and who were in close proximity of those who were infected did not contract COVID-19.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -outbreak/
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Unvaccinated Missourians fuel COVID-19 surge: 'We will be the canary'
KANSAS CITY — As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated.

Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes.

The hope among some health leaders is that the rest of the U.S. might at least learn something from Missouri's plight.

"If people elsewhere in the country are looking to us and saying, 'No thanks' and they are getting vaccinated, that is good," said Erik Frederick, chief administrative officer at Mercy Hospital Springfield, which has been inundated with COVID-19 patients as the variant first identified in India rips through the largely non-immunized community. "We will be the canary."

The state now leads the nation with the highest rate of new COVID-19 infections, and the surge is happening largely in a politically conservative farming region in the northern part of the state and in the southwestern corner, which includes Springfield and Branson, the country music mecca in the Ozark Mountains where big crowds are gathering again at the city's theaters and other attractions.

While over 53 percent of all Americans have received at least one shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most southern and northern Missouri counties are well short of 40 percent. One county is at just 13 percent. :snippity:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Let the Great Culling begin. :shrug:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:11 am Unvaccinated Missourians fuel COVID-19 surge: 'We will be the canary'
KANSAS CITY — As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated.

Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes.

The hope among some health leaders is that the rest of the U.S. might at least learn something from Missouri's plight.

"If people elsewhere in the country are looking to us and saying, 'No thanks' and they are getting vaccinated, that is good," said Erik Frederick, chief administrative officer at Mercy Hospital Springfield, which has been inundated with COVID-19 patients as the variant first identified in India rips through the largely non-immunized community. "We will be the canary."

The state now leads the nation with the highest rate of new COVID-19 infections, and the surge is happening largely in a politically conservative farming region in the northern part of the state and in the southwestern corner, which includes Springfield and Branson, the country music mecca in the Ozark Mountains where big crowds are gathering again at the city's theaters and other attractions.

While over 53 percent of all Americans have received at least one shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most southern and northern Missouri counties are well short of 40 percent. One county is at just 13 percent. :snippity:
Yes you will.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Meanwhile l’m dealing with the fallout yesterday from the Fox News aggression and from Gov DeSantis. I’m not a government employee and not contracted with cable news networks: when they go after me, it’s just me, Ann, my adult kids, including Rach with special needs, and the cat
More from the good doctor at the link.
raison de arizona

Hear, hear!
.@TheJusticeDept should have a special task force to protect public health officials from violence and death threats. These public health people are heroes and should be treated as such. Those threatening? Jail them and throw away the key. @SenWarren @RepLoriTrahan @tedlieu
https://twitter.com/jdawsontweets/statu ... 87782?s=21

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”