Post Roe Abortion Problems

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fuck the Supreme Court, fuck trump, fuck all the legislators who don't know a placenta previa from an ingrown toenail and think a woman bleeding to death or dying of sepsis is just collateral damage in their misogynistic agenda to control us. Most of all, fuck the idiots who support these fuckers.

Fight me.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

These assswipes have the balls to call themselves pro life.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Top leader of RNC Platform Committee entertained idea of imprisoning women who get abortions, opposes exceptions

One of the leaders of the Republican National Convention’s platform committee, which shapes the party’s official stance on key issues, has a history of pushing extreme anti-abortion positions, including advocating for a national ban without exceptions for rape or incest. He also entertained the possibility of jailing women who get abortions and the doctors who perform them.

Ed Martin, the deputy policy director for the convention’s platform committee, is one of three people the Republican National Committee selected in May to help craft the party’s platform, which serves as a blueprint for the Republican Party’s agenda by detailing policy positions and how Republicans and former President Donald Trump would govern if elected. The platform is expected to be pared down this year, slashing the length of the document to focus on Trump’s agenda for a second term.

Martin has consistently espoused a hardline position on abortion, criticizing Republicans with a more moderate stance on the issue, and has even questioned the safety of birth control.

“The true bane of the pro-life movement is the faction of fake pro-lifers who claim to believe in the sanctity of human life but are only willing to vote that way with a list of exceptions,” Martin said on his radio show in June 2022 – several days after Roe v. Wade was struck down.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/kfile-ed-martin-rnc ... index.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Alison Guthrie @alisonvguthrie wrote: This is the most amazing thing I’ve ever been a part of. No one believed in Arkansas but we got 101,525 signatures to get abortion on the ballot #ARPx
raison de arizona

As if, you wish.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I worked on this too as social media maven for Progressive Arkansas Women PAC. I constantly posted about signing events and expanded our social media sites. We are elated!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:26 am I worked on this too as social media maven for Progressive Arkansas Women PAC. I constantly posted about signing events and expanded our social media sites. We are elated!
Great job!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

Excellent! Great work!!!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:26 am I worked on this too as social media maven for Progressive Arkansas Women PAC. I constantly posted about signing events and expanded our social media sites. We are elated!
:thumbsup: :clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Post by June bug »

Woo hoo!! :thumbsup: Congratulations!!

Return to “Current Politics”