Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 60

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by raison de arizona »

"Bitch please," indeed.
Andrew—Author of America Rises On Substack @AmoneyResists wrote: “Sorry but no one can unsee that debate performance”

Bitch please. THIS is what I can’t unsee:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Sarah Reese Jones @PoliticusSarah wrote: Biden takes full responsibility for his debate performance, and when asked if he knew how badly the debate was going, he says, " Yeah, look. The whole way I prepared -- nobody's fault but mine, nobody's fault but mine."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

https://x.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/18 ... 8219346139
Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote wrote: BIDEN: “A lot of people say I’m too old. I know I look 40. But I wasn’t too old to create 15 million jobs. I wasn’t too old to make sure 21M Americans are insured under the affordable care act. To be beat big pharma! Wasn’t too old to erase student debt for 5 million Americans! I wasn’t too old to put the first black woman on the Supreme Court of the United States of America! I wasn’t too old to sign the respect for marriage act? To sign the most comprehensive gun reform in 30 years! To pass the most comprehensive climate bill in the history of the WORLD.”
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the ABC News interview:

Transcript: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-new ... =111695695
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Luke wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:39 pm Here's the ABC News interview:

Transcript: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-new ... =111695695
All questions about dropping out no policy questions etc
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Charlotte Clymer 🇺🇦 @cmclymer wrote: Y'all, it's become crystal clear at this point that there's nothing Pres. Biden can do to mollify critical pundits and journalists. He could ace every interview he's offered, and it wouldn't be enough. They've decided they want him out, and nothing else matters. Not a damn thing.
raison de arizona

Nate Silver? That's right. Bag o' Dicks. And he's full o' shit.
Nate Silver @NateSilver538 wrote: You could debate the exact order, but right now we're about half way up this ladder.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:49 pm Nate Silver? That's right. Bag o' Dicks. And he's full o' shit.
Now that he's no longer at 538, Silver has fully embraced that punditry that he used to mock.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm so old, I remember when I respected that guy.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:09 pm I'm so old, I remember when I respected that guy.
He called one election (near?) perfect. It went to his head.

Geek needs to stick to his baseball stats and forecasting, and stay out of politics.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Who’s ready for this shit again?

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:horse:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Can't wait till _that_ goes to the Maga-Supreme Court.
bob

Post by bob »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:36 am Who’s ready for this shit again?

Various users have been posting that. (Word for word, as if it is coming from a farm.)

That particular user made Bad Legal Takes.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

Her husband is really a man. New rumor!
No point in worrying about shit you can't control, save that energy for the stuff you can. - Evan Currie
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

https://x.com/Greg_Oryel/status/1810005229061943797
Gʀᴇɢ.Oʀʏᴇʟ. @Greg_Oryel
Natural born US citizens are born exactly 9 months after married American parents had sex, and they're born in a barn, assisted by a midwife.

If you're born through IVF, or a C-section, in a hospital, or not on your due date, you can't be a natural born citizen.

FACT!!!

/s
7:37 PM · Jul 7, 2024
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:36 am Who’s ready for this shit again?
Is this going to be the Birfer Renaissance? When is the next Birfer Summit? GG, are we going to march at ATLAH with Pasture Manning? Chuckles & Co. are READY! And we are BRAINWASHED. :(

Chuckles.JPG
Chuckles.JPG (88.04 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Forget it, Little Marco! Chuckles and his little stool says NO.

Charles Kerchner @cdrkerchner Jun 25
@realDonaldTrump Please do not choose Marco Rubio for the VP slot. He is not constitutionally eligible. He can serve as a Senator and do a good job there. But he is not a "natural born Citizen of the U.S". He was born and still is a Cuban citizen. See:

Seriously, not ready. What VP Harris will have to go through again is horrible. Hopefully, her team is already figuring out how to nip it in the bud when it hits the mainstream (not Rev Dr Laity Esq). As dysfunctional as Congress is, can't see them not passing an Obama/McCain type resolution (especially if one of their own will be on the ballot too also like Little Marco).
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Luke wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:06 pmForget it, Little Marco! Chuckles and his little stool says NO.
I thought it was funny that Kerchner in July tweeted the usual P&E dreck ... from February.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:30 pm Her husband is really a man. New rumor!
I feel the vapors coming on.
:faint:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke

Post by Luke »

Our old pal Steve Schale who ran Obama's Florida adventures comments to The Hill:

Democratic strategist Steve Schale, a longtime ally of the president who also helped run Obama’s Florida operation, called Biden “one of the most consequential, if not the most consequential, presidents of my lifetime.”

“If you were to take his age out of the equation, no one would be arguing that he should drop out of this election,” he said.

Besides the breadth of his experience, Schale said, there’s also a practical consideration to keep in mind: “We’re 120 days out, and trying to stand up another campaign in that time is really hard.”

“This isn’t managing your fantasy politics team, and this isn’t a ‘West Wing’ episode,” Schale said.

Over the weekend, the Biden campaign and its allies pointed to a Bloomberg poll showing the president leading Trump in the battleground states of Michigan and Wisconsin. The survey also shows Biden within the margin of error in states including Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and North Carolina.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... c-primary/
Luke

Post by Luke »

As expected, the holiday weekend gave people time to think about this. Important narrative shifting frame from JMart:
In conversations with Democratic aides and elected officials over the weekend, people with diverging views on Biden’s fate, I was struck by how many of them said that while donors had largely turned on the president, it was a different story with the grass roots, who are mostly focused on former President Donald Trump and his shortcomings.

“People like my mother, people her age, they’re with Biden,” said Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin, warning other Democrats: “The base is with the president, everybody else needs to stay on board. You want to abandon ship, you don’t take everyone else with you.”

The president of one building trades union told me the can-he-survive conversation in Washington was very different from what he had picked up talking to his locals, who are resolutely pro-Biden.

The differing messages, between insiders and voters, have also been striking to members of Congress who’ve been at home over the July 4 holiday. One House Democrat from a competitive district who is furious at Biden and was poised to call on him to drop out of the race decided to remain quiet after detecting little appetite for such a demand from local unions and rank-and-file voters.
Yet Biden and his lieutenants are clearly counting on the result being the same in 2024 as it has been in every one of their modern races: The donor class may have their preference, but it’s older Black women in church pews who will decide the nominee, thank you very much.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... lid=630318
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

... but it’s older Black women in church pews who will decide the nominee, thank you very much.
Good. After living here for 20 years, I know some of those women, and I trust them. They didn't get old by accident. They are resilient and have seen it all.
No point in worrying about shit you can't control, save that energy for the stuff you can. - Evan Currie
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I agree that it's really unfair. All these rich donors thought they bought Joe Biden, but now they're disappointed with their purchase. And they don't want a refund, just an exchange! If you donate several million dollars, of course you get to decide who the candy date will be. And you are rich - when you tell someone you've bought what to do, they have to do it! Simple as that!

I feel your pain. :violin: :crying:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Dark Brandon is back:
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🇺🇸🚨 President Biden's letter: “How to move forward has been well-aired over a week. We have one job: To beat Trump. We have 42 days to the Democratic Convention & 119 days to the general election. Time to come together, move forward as a unified party & defeat the GOP."

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
🇺🇸 "President Biden responds to calls to step aside on @Morning_Joe. He defends his record & says, 'Who else can step in here & do this?' 'I am running.'" Next, he hosts a NATO Summit. Florida retirees have more time to campaign. Where's Donald?

Feisty on Morning Joe this morning:

Biden Letter.JPG
Biden Letter.JPG (268.21 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Biden Letter 2.JPG
Biden Letter 2.JPG (286.03 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Biden Letter 3.JPG
Biden Letter 3.JPG (379.74 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Biden Letter 4.JPG
Biden Letter 4.JPG (139.33 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I hope he's keeping track of who's stabbing him in the back and who isn't.

Return to “US President”