A sad thread

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

A sad thread

Post by raison de arizona »

For things that break your heart, but don't have a clear home anywhere on the board.

I'll start.

Oliya Scootercaster 🛴 @ScooterCasterNY wrote: "You killed my aunt! You fkn bastard I hope you fkn die!" - relative shouts as police walk suspected drunk driver who crashed into killed three people celebrating July 4th in Manhattan park.

Daniel Hyden, 44, was charged with aggravated vehicular homicide, 8 counts of assault, 1 count of driving without a license in the second degree and 1 count of driving while intoxicated, according to the NYPD.

Video by Amanda Moses Desk@freedomnews.tv to license
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

A sad thread

Post by northland10 »

One of the hardest moments in my church music work is the burial of a child. Sadly, that is what I prepare for this week.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

A sad thread

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:20 pm One of the hardest moments in my church music work is the burial of a child. Sadly, that is what I prepare for this week.
:bighug:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Volkonski
Verified:

A sad thread

Post by Volkonski »

:( :( :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

A sad thread

Post by Foggy »

That was the worst part of being a florist, too also. Funeral of a child is the saddest occasion. :(
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Uninformed

A sad thread

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

A sad thread

Post by p0rtia »

:grouphug:
June bug

A sad thread

Post by June bug »

:grouphug: ❤️❤️
AndyinPA
Verified:

A sad thread

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

A sad thread

Post by keith »

Watching season 7 of Outlander the other day.

They had a funeral for an admired member of the community, and The Sachenach sang the Ɓach Gounod "Ave Maria".

Thats maybe my no. 3 funeral song after my Father in laws choice of "Mack The Knife" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want".
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
chancery
Verified:

A sad thread

Post by chancery »

:( :bighug:
roadscholar

A sad thread

Post by roadscholar »

My best friend Tom Turnbull whom I'd known for 54 years passed away this year. His specified music was Taj Mahal's "Fishin' Blues."

He was from a very prominent and influential family. Their estate was La Paix (now developed with tract houses), where they put up F. Scott Fitzgerald while Zelda was being treated at Sheppard Pratt.

The song was a bit of a tweak to his various wealthy, uptight relatives in attendance. I miss that man more than any deceased relative.

170FCE9E-F1AA-4EC8-A99A-60C5EDC93234_1_105_c.jpeg
170FCE9E-F1AA-4EC8-A99A-60C5EDC93234_1_105_c.jpeg (165.49 KiB) Viewed 1056 times

The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Reddog

A sad thread

Post by Reddog »

keith wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:20 pm Watching season 7 of Outlander the other day.

They had a funeral for an admired member of the community, and The Sachenach sang the Ɓach Gounod "Ave Maria".

Thats maybe my no. 3 funeral song after my Father in laws choice of "Mack The Knife" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want".
Interesting choice “Mack The Knife” with so many different versions to choose from. MacHeath being a mobster with a violent past.
I really like the song, but for the longest time I didn’t know the meaning of it, and basically the Bobby Darrin version was the only one I knew.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

A sad thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Road Scholar: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

A sad thread

Post by keith »

[quote=Reddog post_id=278384 time=1723753234 user_id=130

Interesting choice “Mack The Knife” with so many different versions to choose from. MacHeath being a mobster with a violent past.
I really like the song, but for the longest time I didn’t know the meaning of it, and basically the Bobby Darrin version was the only one I knew.
[/quote]

FIL was a big Satchmo fan and wanted it played as he was carried from the memorial.

"Hey man, there goes Mack The Knife!"

[media]

[/media]
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Reddog

A sad thread

Post by Reddog »

Thanks, perfectly understandable. I figured it was something similar. It is a great song, just kinda gangstery.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”