Project 2025

These people suck. They are bad people.
pipistrelle

Project 2025

Post by pipistrelle »

Anything they do, even the abysmal, I wish them luck. Huh.

Yeah, he never came up with “abysmal.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Project 2025

Post by raison de arizona »

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump: I don’t even know the people who drafted Project 2025!

Trump with his Director of White House Personnel and architect of Project 2025 John McEntee.
To be fair, tfg clearly has dementia and it is possible that he isn't lying about knowing his Director of White House Personnel John McEntee, in that he truly may not remember. Indeed, in reviewing tfg's speeches he has been known to forget the first part of a sentence and contradict it in the second part of the same sentence. I mean, maybe he his mind is just all muddled.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Project 2025

Dementia Don gets full credit!
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Here is Project 2025 leader Kevin Roberts saying Donald Trump gets full “credit” for creating Project 2025 and will enact it if he wins
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: A desperate and lying Trump claims he knows “nothing” about his Project 2025 agenda, even though his top aides are the ones behind the plan
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Project 2025

lying liars that lie, no surprise
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Busted! Trump shaking hands with the head of the Project 2025 parent group, Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts.

Trump now claims he doesn’t know “who is behind” Project 2025.
raison de arizona

Project 2025

We need to have a nationwide talk about Dementia Don and his inability to recall simple policies.
WTFGOP @DogginTrump wrote: Oh, look. Trump’s Super PAC is running ads promoting Project 2025, calling it “Trump’s Project 2025”
raison de arizona

Project 2025

PWEI Ich bin ein Ausländer wrote:Listen to the victim abused by a system
The basis is racist, you know that we must face this
It can't happen here (oh, yeah?)
Just take a look around at the cities and the towns
See 'em huntin', creepin', sneakin', breedin'
Fear and loathing with the lies they're speakin'
The knife, the gun, broken bottle, petrol bomb
There is no future when the past soon come
And when they come to ethnically cleanse me
Will you speak out? Will you defend me?
Or laugh through a glass eye as they rape our lives?
Trampled under foot by the rise on the right
https://x.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1809305692219597283
George Takei @GeorgeTakei wrote: If you think a nightmarish, unconstitutional round up of innocent people, merely suspected of being enemies of the state, can’t happen in the U.S., then you’re forgetting that it already has.

I was among them, along with my entire family and community.
I weep.
► Show Spoiler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Project 2025

Post by bill_g »

Rolling Stone -

Heritage Foundation Exec Threatens ‘Gay Furry Hackers’ in Unhinged Texts

A newly released log of messages shows a director at the think tank spewing insults after a data breach.
Rolodex

Project 2025

Post by Rolodex »

The execrable McEntee also started a dating site for right wingers (although it's free for women bc it seems they can't get them to join, otherwise). Dating site AND Project 2025? Too disparate? Nope.
It's a schtick we've seen from Jordan Peterson to Andrew Tate to the Proud Boys. I call it the male insecurity-to-fascism pipeline and, from a purely sociopathic viewpoint, it's evil genius. Marketing toxic masculinity as self-help benefits both the authoritarian cause and the influencer pocketbooks. MAGA figureheads get to tear down liberal society and make money doing so. They simply don't care that, in the process, they aren't just hurting most Americans. They're doing real damage to the men who follow them by encouraging them to adopt attitudes and behaviors that will make life harder in every arena, from work to romance.

McEntee's goals of running a dating app and gutting American democracy might seem, at first blush, to be disparate interests — but they're tightly entwined. The policy agenda of Project 2025 couldn't be better designed to tear further into the already fraying social fabric of America. So many of their goals — from gutting public education to decimating reproductive health care access — will put more stress on communities and families. If Trump wins, their platform will make it harder for people to maintain social relationships, much less create new ones. Try dating without birth control, for instance. Or having children without access to schools. Or having a safe community without environmental protections. Or having a decent job without labor protections. Even if they achieve half of what they wish, the people behind Project 2025 will leave behind an American populace that is lonelier, more alienated, and angrier.
https://www.salon.com/2024/07/10/the-gr ... -maga-men/
Super props to author for her term "male insecurity-to-fascism pipeline"

Also, the authors of this excellent article were interviewed on WBUR's On Point (available on many NPR stations or as a pod or on their website). https://www.authoritarianplaybook2025.org/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Rolodex

Project 2025

Post by Rolodex »

So, apparently, Trumpers are screaming about Project 2025 being fake, so there's been pushback. I saw a post saying that it is a more searched term on the google than Taylor Swift, so I guess that's something. Of course, there are memes and it looks like some have incorrect page numbers so that the nuts can scream "see!!! it's fake!! (so obviously we know who's putting those messed up memes out).

I've been seeing posts about 2025 all over my book of faces, but it was a first yesterday when a friend irl posted that 2025 was not GOP. I didn't comment because it wouldn't matter (although I did report the post since it's false info). They know it's bad - but I have no idea where this person got the idea that it's not GOP. I mean maybe it's really MAGA (which it is), but that's the same as GOP these days. It'll be interesting to see if it comes up at the convention.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Project 2025

Post by bill_g »

New billboards explaining Proj 2025

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Project 2025

Post by RTH10260 »

Yeah - Pinochet is his wet dreams :blackeye:
bill_g

Project 2025

Post by bill_g »

Yeah. Don't take any rides in Marine 1.
MN-Skeptic

Project 2025

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Project 2025, as well as Trump, call for a mass deportation of undocumented immigrants.

Supporters of this action have no concept of the massive disruption to the lives of every one in the U.S. if that happens. Roughly 40% of farm workers, which also includes those working in the plants processing farm products, are undocumented immigrants. You'll find undocumented immigrants in the building trades. How many are up on roofs right now replacing shingles? And if you thought long term care facilities were understaffed right now, try removing all the workers who are undocumented!

The other thing is that undocumented immigrants contribute greatly to our GDP. Much of what they earn is spent locally on housing and food and clothing, etc. They earn it, they spend it. That's the exact opposite of wealthy folks. You give a rich person a tax break and all they do is take it out of the spending pool and buy stocks which does absolutely nothing for the GDP!

Trump and the MAGAs are just so stupid.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by AndyinPA »

They also pay into Social Security, but get no proceeds from it, supporting the program for the rest of us.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Project 2025

Post by keith »

Seen on a sidewalk in Heathcote Victoria (small country town - great wine subregion hub):

https://photos.fife.usercontent.google. ... authuser=0

I can't figure out how to make image work. This is on google photo storage - is there some special way I need to hold my tongue?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Project 2025

Post by RTH10260 »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:51 am Seen on a sidewalk in Heathcote Victoria (small country town - great wine subregion hub):

https://photos.fife.usercontent.google. ... authuser=0

I can't figure out how to make image work. This is on google photo storage - is there some special way I need to hold my tongue?
Seems to protected under your (or the originators) account.

Save to your computer and include as a attachment to you rpost.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”