1st 2024 Presidential Debate - 6/27/2024 on CNN

What will Trump do on Thursday night during the presidential debate?

He will cancel and try to blame Biden for his own failure to appear.
29%
He will be yelling when they cut his microphone. And when it's on.
33%
He will try to push Biden aside and use his microphone.
11%
He will walk close to Biden and yell really loud so Biden can't speak, trying to use Biden’s mic.
15%
He will take off his shirt and show us the wounds.
5%
He will hire a ringer to debate for him, probably Alex Jones.
3%
He will act thoughtful, presidential, and utterly civilized, and he will do a good job in the debate.
4%

Total votes: 75

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

And now Hannity is suggesting that Trump skip the first debate.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Only because Turnip is telling them to "suggest" it. He is preparing the magats for him chickening out, and telling them to regard it as him being a fighter and brave.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

From NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/15/us/p ... rules.html
There will be no opening statements. President Biden and former President Donald J. Trump will each have two minutes to answer questions — followed by one-minute rebuttals and responses to the rebuttals. Red lights visible to the candidates will flash when they have five seconds left, and turn solid red when time has expired. And each man’s microphone will be muted when it is not his turn to speak.

The candidates will get a breather during two commercial breaks, according to debate rules provided by CNN, but they will be barred from huddling with advisers while off the air. The first presidential debate of the 2024 cycle is less than two weeks away, and both campaigns are racing to prepare for the first showdown sponsored directly by a television network in more than a generation. :snippity:
I am still leaning towards tfg will cancel.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

He will cancel. He isn't going to follow anybody else's rules.

At all. :blackeye:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I'm not a gambling guy, but would bet there's a book on that.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Once he sees the part about muting the mics he'll be a hard "no" I'm guessing.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:03 am Once he sees the part about muting the mics he'll be a hard "no" I'm guessing.
Fake News CNN is trying to GAG ME!
Totally Unfair!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

New rule:

If a candy date starts rambling or talking crazy, CNN will put his mic on tremolo or something else that will be weird sound effects to go with the weird thinking. Sound effects from a cheesy and terrible movie about outer space and rocket ships. Oooooooeeeeeeeeeooooooo ...

Change approved!
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I like it
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:27 am From NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/15/us/p ... rules.html
There will be no opening statements. President Biden and former President Donald J. Trump will each have two minutes to answer questions — followed by one-minute rebuttals and responses to the rebuttals. Red lights visible to the candidates will flash when they have five seconds left, and turn solid red when time has expired. And each man’s microphone will be muted when it is not his turn to speak.

The candidates will get a breather during two commercial breaks, according to debate rules provided by CNN, but they will be barred from huddling with advisers while off the air. The first presidential debate of the 2024 cycle is less than two weeks away, and both campaigns are racing to prepare for the first showdown sponsored directly by a television network in more than a generation. :snippity:
I am still leaning towards tfg will cancel.
The rules make no mention of a physical leash to keep the OSG from wandering around the stage behind Biden. IMHO, that is a necessity.
tek

Post by tek »

There is also no mention of a rule preventing OHJB from decking TFG if he does.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:22 am New rule:

If a candy date starts rambling or talking crazy, CNN will put his mic on tremolo or something else that will be weird sound effects to go with the weird thinking. Sound effects from a cheesy and terrible movie about outer space and rocket ships. Oooooooeeeeeeeeeooooooo ...

Change approved!
How about:

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:thumbsup:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

About wandering presidents in the moonlight - their secret servide details will make sure they do not get in a physical altercation ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, he has just four shopping days left for him to panic and drop out of the debate. Or show up and try to break all the rules. MN-Skeptic, can I add a poll to this thread about whether he will appear or not (and maybe some fun options for how he'll behave)?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:26 am MN-Skeptic, can I add a poll to this thread about whether he will appear or not (and maybe some fun options for how he'll behave)?
Absolutely!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
You can select UP TO THREE CHOICES, and I also made it so you can change your vote.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Yay! Thank you Foggy. I'm getting a sense they're really trying to push the Biden drug narrative ahead of time, in case he does win the debate. I see Fox is doing their own simulcast, I assume to keep the faithful away from MSM and can spin it to their narrative.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:53 pm Yay! Thank you Foggy. I'm getting a sense they're really trying to push the Biden drug narrative ahead of time, in case he does win the debate. I see Fox is doing their own simulcast, I assume to keep the faithful away from MSM and can spin it to their narrative.
As with everything the Rs touch, it is excruciatingly obvious that they'll explain that Biden was drugged so he could perform better.

Excruciatingly obvious in opposite world, at any rate.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I forget. During past debates, did they address the incumbent as Mr. President?

This could be a sore spot with the Trunip.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:52 pm I forget. During past debates, did they address the incumbent as Mr. President?

This could be a sore spot with the Trunip.
I certainly hope so.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I can't imagine that Trump's ego would let him drop out. He truly believes he's smarter and more popular than Biden. He believes he has the best words, the best arguments. He thinks he's brilliant. Which is also why he'll make up excuses for any positive reviews that Biden may get.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Why make up excuses when you can just lie through your teeth and get away with it?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:50 pm I can't imagine that Trump's ego would let him drop out. He truly believes he's smarter and more popular than Biden. He believes he has the best words, the best arguments. He thinks he's brilliant. Which is also why he'll make up excuses for any positive reviews that Biden may get.
He dropped out if the second debate, remember?

That's the thing about Narcissists. deep down he does not believe all that. Deep down they know they are losers, they are just terrified of people feeing inside them to the inner loser. So all their bluster, all their meddling, is to cover that up. They are motivated by fear and shame.

Once you understand that, their crazy behaviour makes a lot of sense. When they hire a manager and that manager starts running the company well, they suddenly get terrified that people will compare them to the Narcissist and he will look bad. So the narcissist will jump in and start micromanaging the good manager

That's why Turnip never used the official presidential twitter account. He knew that his blathering would be compared with the writing of other presidents, and he would look bad. So he stayed away from it.

That's why he turned meetings into Him talking and everyone else praising him. he know he had nothing competent to contribute, and everyone else would look good as they knew what they were talking about. SO he would jump in and have everyone trying to talk him out of something ridiculous, rather than have them put up good plans that risked him looking like he was the lesser guy in the room.

That's why he wears that stupid combover because its better than letting people see that he is bald therefore genetically inferior.

And in this case he knows that Biden is a strong confident man and wont give a crap about Turnip's insults. And he knows Biden will look better than him, like he did the last 2 times they had a debate.

So ya, he is constantly trying to drown out the voice in his head that tells him he is a loser. Once you understand that, then what he does is predictable and boring. He is the Emperors new clothes
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

“It’s embarrassing that I have to do this, and it’s really embarrassing as a former White House physician to have to do something like this, but we don’t have any choice based on what’s going on.

“But I’m gonna be demanding on behalf of many millions of concerned Americans right now that he submit to a drug test before and after this debate, specifically looking for performance-enhancing drugs.

“He’s not similar at all to what we see on a day-to-day basis for the last three and a half years. And there’s surely no way to explain that other than he was on something, that they’d given him medication.” – Rep. Ronny Jackson, today on Fox News.

Return to “US President”