trump spawn

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump spawn

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/EricTrump/status/1800627193434788109
Eric Trump @EricTrump wrote: One minor problem - President Trump is not the holder of any liquor license in New Jersey, and he is not an officer or director of any entity that holds a liquor license in New Jersey - or anywhere in the United States for that matter. Ask me how I know…
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: NJ reviewing Trump golf courses' liquor licenses after felony conviction https://trib.al/zbtbV1b
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump spawn

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:18 pm https://x.com/EricTrump/status/1800627193434788109
Eric Trump @EricTrump wrote: One minor problem - President Trump is not the holder of any liquor license in New Jersey, and he is not an officer or director of any entity that holds a liquor license in New Jersey - or anywhere in the United States for that matter. Ask me how I know…
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: NJ reviewing Trump golf courses' liquor licenses after felony conviction https://trib.al/zbtbV1b
Pretty bold of Eric to assume he actually knows anything, frankly, even in those areas where it's his literal job to know.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

trump spawn

:snippity:
The Trump Organization issued a statement Tuesday saying the former president is not an officer or director of any entity that holds a liquor license in New Jersey, or anywhere in the United States.
According to state alcoholic beverage control records, Trump's three golf clubs have liquor licenses issued in the name of corporate entities including Lamington Farm Club LLC; Trump National Golf Course Colts Neck LLC, and TNGC Pine Hill LLC.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tru ... -111036205
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:13 pm
The Trump Organization issued a statement Tuesday saying the former president is not an officer or director of any entity that holds a liquor license in New Jersey, or anywhere in the United States.
According to state alcoholic beverage control records, Trump's three golf clubs have liquor licenses issued in the name of corporate entities including Lamington Farm Club LLC; Trump National Golf Course Colts Neck LLC, and TNGC Pine Hill LLC.
the organizations will have them pulled.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
John Thomas8

trump spawn

Post by John Thomas8 »

sugar magnolia

trump spawn

Post by sugar magnolia »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:57 am
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:13 pm
How?
Suranis

trump spawn

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:18 pm https://x.com/EricTrump/status/1800627193434788109
Eric, the story never said that Your Pestilent Father owned any liquor licences. It just said that the Licence for those premises is under review. The headline IMPLIED that the review was because of the conviction, but the review could be for any number of reasons. It really doesn't matter who hold the licence.

I know, the shitty headline was doing all the work here, but it allowed Eric to think he was smart by throwing out a distraction.
Hic sunt dracones
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump spawn

Post by Maybenaut »

I’ll take “Things that Get Pierced” for $500, Alex.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump spawn

Post by RTH10260 »

Wyden Probes Kushner Firm Payments from Gulf States, Potential FARA Loophole

JUNE 12,2024

Affinity’s Unusually High Fees Charged to Foreign Clients Amount to Tens of Millions in Profits Each Year; Wyden Seeks Records on Employees, Compensation, Communications with Foreign Government Entities; Letter also Raises Concerns with Investment Fund Disclosure Loophole

Washington, D.C. – Senate Finance Committee Chair Ron Wyden, D-Ore., today launched a new investigation of top Trump official Jared Kushner’s investment firm Affinity Partners, which reported that 99 percent of the billions of dollars it manages comes from foreign sources, primarily the sovereign wealth funds of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar. In a new letter, Senator Wyden sought records and information pertaining to the tens of millions in payments Kushner is receiving from the Saudis and other foreign sources every year while exploiting private investment fund disclosure loopholes to shield the arrangement from public scrutiny. The letter also noted that the firm’s reliance on foreign investors raises concerns that Middle Eastern governments are using payments to Affinity executives as a means to influence Kushner and other politically powerful individuals.

Senator Wyden wrote to Affinity Partners Chief Financial Officer Lauren Key: “It is deeply concerning that several Middle Eastern governments are using funds managed by Affinity as a means to pay tens of millions of dollars in fees every year to former President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, creating significant conflicts of interest and potential counterintelligence risks. These arrangements also raise concerns that Affinity’s exclusively foreign funded private investment funds are being exploited as a loophole by Mr. Kushner and other former U.S. government officials as a means to avoid complying with the Foreign Agents Registration Act and other U.S. laws requiring U.S. persons to disclose payments from foreign governments.”

The complete text of Senator Wyden’s letter to Affinity Partners is available here. The questions posed in the letter are below.

https://www.finance.senate.gov/chairman ... a-loophole

Letter here - lengthy pdf

https://www.finance.senate.gov/download ... aymentspdf
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Flatpoint High »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:26 am
How?
I meant the the premises will lose them
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Shamelessly stolen from FB.
Attachments
Junior.jpg
Junior.jpg (33.41 KiB) Viewed 628 times
sugar magnolia

trump spawn

Post by sugar magnolia »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:50 am

How?
I meant the the premises will lose them
I don't think that's right. It's the owner of the license who is bound by the law, not the owner of the premises. If the license is in the company name and it's someone other than trump himself who signed it, the signer would be the one who had to worry about having it revoked if they were convicted of a felony.
noblepa

trump spawn

Post by noblepa »

How?
IANAL, but I suspect that it all depends on how the statute is written.

Sure, he may not be an officer or director of those organizations, but he is still, either directly or indirectly, the owner. If the law merely says that no convicted felon may be an officer or director of an organization that holds a liquor license, then he is probably in the clear and the clubs can keep their licenses.

But, it the statute says officers, directors or owners, he is toast.

Also, too, if the state does revoke or suspend the licenses, he can always file a motion (which may very well be granted) to stay the suspension until all appeals of his felony convictions have been exhausted, which could be years.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump spawn

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:32 am Shamelessly stolen from FB.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

trump spawn

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

I am not familiar with this news source, so grain of salt, etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... c639&ei=14
Donald Trump Jr. has been engaging with Hungary's semi-authoritarian leadership on matters typically reserved for official United States government representatives.

Knewz.com has learned that during his visit to the far eastern NATO member, the 46-year-old met with the country’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban and gave an address titled “The World According to Donald Trump Jr.”

The journalist, Szabolcs Panyi, was one of the first to disseminate news of the event and did so in an X post where he queried the source funding for the U.S. Republican stalwart’s trip.

“Titled ‘The world according to @DonaldJTrumpJr,’ Trump's son will speak at the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC) in Budapest on Thursday. MCC is the most important vehicle of Viktor Orbán's foreign influence operations targeting the US, UK & EU. The event is not yet public,” Panyi declared.
According to an update by another reporter, Zoltan Kovacs, the discussion focused on matters pertaining to U.S.-Hungarian policy and touched on the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
raison de arizona

trump spawn

Well, he can't do business in NY anymore, guess he's gotta branch out.
Did Donald Trump Jr just break the law during his meeting with Hungarian leader Viktor Orban?

Donald Trump Jr, four months after being hit with a $4 million fine and a ban on serving as an officer of a New York company for two years, is seeking opportunities elsewhere — namely, Hungary.

The former president’s eldest child arrived in Budapest on Thursday morning on an invitation from the Budapest Chamber of Commerce and Industry. There, he met with Prime Minister Viktor Orbán and gave a talk entitled “The World According to Donald Trump Jr.,” an event first reported by Hungarian journalist Szabolcs Panyi.

Trump Jr’s visit focused on discussions about “the future of Hungarian-American relations, the ongoing Russian-Ukrainian war, and opportunities for peace creation,” according to Zoltan Kovacs, spokesperson for Orbán’s office.

Multiple legal experts say foreign policy discussions between Trump Jr — who is not employed by the US government — and a foreign prime minister raise questions about the Logan Act, which prohibits unauthorized diplomatic activity in certain circumstances.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/did-donald-tr ... 44542.html
Rolodex

trump spawn

Post by Rolodex »

Yeah it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went after Jr. Have anyone ever been successfully charged under the Logan Act?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

trump spawn

Post by pipistrelle »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:38 pm Yeah it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went after Jr. Have anyone ever been successfully charged under the Logan Act?
Trump surrogates have been violating it with abandon for years, so I'm going to go with "not recently anyway."
RTH10260

trump spawn

Post by RTH10260 »

When one no longer can have the bestest phone calls, then follow up with the bestest chat with far right would be dictators. :twisted:
Dave from down under

trump spawn

Post by Dave from down under »

wiki says

Only two indictments have ever been handed up under the Logan Act, both in the 19th century. The first occurred in 1803 when a grand jury indicted Francis Flournoy, a Kentucky farmer, who had written an article in the Frankfort Guardian of Freedom under the pen name of "A Western American." In the article, Flournoy advocated for the creation of a new independent state, not part of the US, in North America that would ally with France. The United States Attorney for Kentucky, an Adams appointee and brother-in-law of Chief Justice John Marshall, went no further than procuring the indictment of Flournoy, and there was no further prosecution of the Kentucky farmer. The purchase of the Louisiana Territory later that year appeared to cause the separatism issue to become moot, and the case was abandoned.[2]

In 1852, Jonas Phillips Levy became the second and, to date the last, person to be indicted under the Logan Act. Levy, an American merchant and sailor who was living in Mexico at the time, had acquired a grant to build a railway across the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, the narrowest point across Mexico. Secretary of State Daniel Webster had been pressuring Mexico to accept a treaty that would allow a different group of American businessmen to build the railway. Levy wrote a letter to Mexican President Mariano Arista urging him to reject Webster's proposed treaty, prompting Webster to seek an indictment against Levy for violating the Logan Act. Federal prosecutors were forced to dismiss the case after Arista refused to hand over the original copy of the letter, depriving them of the evidence they needed to convict Levy.[3
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump spawn

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:54 am https://y outu.be/5Jzo_TwqRAo?
Yanno, I think I have found a case for men to have an excellent reason to control women's bodies.

Kimmie Gargoile is exhibit 1.

We need to ban plastic surgery. Period. No exceptions.

Mastectomy? Sorry for your situation, but Nope.
No tits? Live with it boy.
Face like a monkey? How is that worse than Kimmie?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

trump spawn

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, the only Plastic Surgery along those lines I could get behind is Breast reduction surgery. Big Breasts can cause a hella lot of back pain. I was with a woman once who talked to me about it and was almost apologetic that she was thinking about it, and I more or less said "Look, I love your Boobs but I don't want you to be in pain because of them." Then whenever she brought up doing it I just said "I like them now and I'll love them when you have the Operation" and said no more about it.

Gilfoyle has destroyed her face, and for what?
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

trump spawn

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:21 am
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:54 am https://y outu.be/5Jzo_TwqRAo?
Yanno, I think I have found a case for men to have an excellent reason to control women's bodies.

Kimmie Gargoile is exhibit 1.

We need to ban plastic cosmetic surgery. Period. No exceptions.
Mastectomy? Breast augmentation? Sorry for your situation, but Nope.
No tits? Live with it boy.
Face like a monkey? How is that worse than Kimmie?
You have unintentionally just given us another reason to resist when men try to control our bodies.
A mastectomy is removal of one or both breasts for cancer treatment. Breast augmentation is cosmetic surgery. They are both plastic surgery, so I honestly don't think you're advocating for a total ban on breast surgery.

And a general rant from me, not directed at you, because I woke up this morning with nerve pain from my double mastectomy 2 years ago and this hit a nerve. No pun intended! It is all too common for men to not understand women's bodies on even the most basic level, like using the word mastectomy incorrectly. We've seem this over and over with the abortion laws. Given that men are the great preponderance of lawmakers, if the language of their laws that attempt to control our body with any specificity are not accurate it often creates more issues than the law is trying to solve. Hell, they often don't even seem to know that birth control pills are used for multiple reasons other than birth control.

Okay, rant over. My daughter will be here about noon today from Brazil. It's the first time we will see her in almost 3 years. I am going to be happy and in a great mood today now that I have that rant out of my system. :dance:
p0rtia

trump spawn

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug:
:bunny:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”