trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MN-Skeptic

trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Loomer.jpg
Loomer.jpg (46.9 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:14 pmLoomer.jpg
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump's 'Nonsensical' Jab At Rising Sea Levels Is Hit By Wave Of Mockery

Ron Dicker
Tue, June 4, 2024 at 3:35 PM GMT+2·2 min read

Donald Trump wisecracked about rising sea levels in another burst of climate change denial, prompting snarky backlash. (Watch the video below.)

In an interview with “Fox & Friends” over the weekend that has produced several noteworthy moments, the former president and current candidate dismissed concerns on global warming.

Trump, who has called climate change a “great hoax,” said nuclear weapons were “the single biggest threat, not global warming.”

“They say that the seas will rise over the next 400 years, one-eighth of an inch, you know, which means basically have a little more beachfront property OK,” he remarked.

Chuckling can be heard in response, but to scientists it’s not a laughing matter.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 49399.html
(original: HuffPost)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Why did they let him go on air with his hair such a mess? :oopsy:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A word or two on tfg's so-called religion.
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Q. “What’s your relationship with God like and how do you pray?”

Trump: “OK. So, I think it’s good. I do very well with the evangelicals…I have so many people who say they’re praying for me; I can't even believe it…They say: ‘Sir, you’re going to be ok. I pray for you every night.”
An eye for an eye? Very Christian of him.
Bryan Dawson🇺🇸 @BryanDawsonUSA wrote: They asked the beast “what Bible verse most formed your character.” The beast answered, in defiance of its nemesis, Jesus Christ, “an eye for an eye.”

#ThouShaltNotTrump
Russell Drew @RussOnPolitics wrote: Donald Trump is never so disingenuous as when he's talking about faith. He doesn't go to church. Doesn't read the Bible. And he has five different kids from three different wives...all of whom he cheated on. And yet, so many Evangelicals think he's God's prophet. Bizarre.
https://x.com/RussOnPolitics/status/1798558975413334350
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Clearly an educator.
Keith Edwards @keithedwards wrote: How are normal Americans on TikTok doing a better job of taking Trump to task than actual reporters
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

STFU already. Geez. And P.S. great plan threatening the judge that is getting ready to sentence you next month. Asshat.
Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: Donald Trump says Republicans are seeking retribution against Judge Merchan:

“You can't gag a nominee...When that happens we are no longer a democracy and we're not going to let that happen. And I know a lot of Republicans who want retribution...We're gonna see what happens.”
raison de arizona

Word on the street is that tfg's rally at a mega-church in AZ today was not because he is super religious, but rather because none of the usual suspects will rent to him due to the fact that he regularly shirks his bills.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:53 pm Word on the street is that tfg's rally at a mega-church in AZ today was not because he is super religious, but rather because none of the usual suspects will rent to him due to the fact that he regularly shirks his bills.
Plus a half-empty large arena would look bad. He can fill up a 1400 seat church, though.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:53 pm Word on the street is that tfg's rally at a mega-church in AZ today was not because he is super religious, but rather because none of the usual suspects will rent to him due to the fact that he regularly shirks his bills.
I understand that he still owes the City of Tucson over 400k from 2016
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Our idiot Ag Commissioner and raving lunatic Attorney General held a trump rally last night in a building that holds 325 people. The Ag Comm's campaign paid for it. It also happens to be on state property at the Ag Museum. The Highway Patrol held a memorial for my dad at the same place. There were more people there for my dad's memorial than for the rally.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:56 pm Plus a half-empty large arena would look bad. He can fill up a 1400 seat church, though.
sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:26 am Our idiot Ag Commissioner and raving lunatic Attorney General held a trump rally last night in a building that holds 325 people. :snippity: There were more people there for my dad's memorial than for the rally.
These numbers are infuriating, because they show how desperate the media is to make this a close race.

But at the same time, I'm comforted that so few people are still really MAGAts. He loves to threaten violence by his supporters if bad things happen to him. But now he has been convicted of 34 felonies, and where's the uprising of the MAGAts? It failed to materialize. We got an uprising of mindless Republican politicians instead.

'Course, he's threatening massive civil disturbances if he isn't re-elected.

Bring it, punkin'. I don't think any of your supporters will even try to storm the Capitol again.
Katie Porter '28
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy: But at the same time, I'm comforted that so few people are still really MAGAts. He loves to threaten violence by his supporters if bad things happen to him. But now he has been convicted of 34 felonies, and where's the uprising of the MAGAts? It failed to materialize. We got an uprising of mindless Republican politicians instead.

'Course, he's threatening massive civil disturbances if he isn't re-elected.

Bring it, punkin'. I don't think any of your supporters will even try to storm the Capitol again.
:rockon:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I guess the TPUSA thing was at a church. I honestly have no idea how many people that particular place can hold, but many of these nondom megachurches (which I assume is where they were) are usually theater-style auditoriums more than they are traditional church buildings. They're purpose-built for performances.

I didn't even know there was a rally there as well. Good to hear it was small. I haven't seen any mention of pics of that event.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Dream City mega church and drive thru can hold 4,500 people. FWIW. (This is where tfg's AZ rally was held.)
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:29 pm Dream City mega church and drive thru can hold 4,500 people. FWIW. (This is where tfg's AZ rally was held.)
Intriguing.
raison de arizona

It's possible I made up the drive-thru part.

Also,
Shawn In Arizona 🌵 @ShawnInArizona wrote: I've lived in Arizona my whole life

Never seen 113° on a June 6th

No one has, it's a state record

That's how much Jesus hates Trump
https://x.com/ShawnInArizona/status/1798871206822859159
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dr Phil and tfg. Thank you oh so much Oprah. Hope and sure did make big bank with the spinoff shows as well as Oz too. Greed. She was about the money.

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:11 pm It's possible I made up the drive-thru part.

Also,
Shawn In Arizona 🌵 @ShawnInArizona wrote: I've lived in Arizona my whole life

Never seen 113° on a June 6th

No one has, it's a state record

That's how much Jesus hates Trump
https://x.com/ShawnInArizona/status/1798871206822859159
I hear Jesus crashed a MAGA bus this week too. He must really hate Turnip! :violin: :violin:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:11 pm
Rolodex wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:57 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:29 pm Dream City mega church and drive thru can hold 4,500 people. FWIW. (This is where tfg's AZ rally was held.)
Intriguing.
It's possible I made up the drive-thru part.
During the COVID lockdown, communion was a bit of a problem for parishes. Many were thinking of ways to do something, but our Bishop made it clear that we were not to do a Eucharistic Drive-Thru.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Just saw this on MSN.COM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... c380&ei=23

It says that Judge Merchon sent a letter to the attornies regarding a social media message from a juror to his cousin before the verdict, saying that the conviction was "in the bag".

I'm sure that team-Trump will scream that this shows that the trial was rigged against him and that it will figure in their inevitable appeal.

However, IANAL, but I thought that to show jury bias, you must show extra-judicial bias, meaning that the alleged bias must have been there before the juror was sworn in. If the juror decided halfway through the trial that the defendant is guilty, and that this decision was based on the evidence/testimony he/she had heard so far, then that is NOT extra-judicial bias.

While we might prefer that jurors wait until all of the evidence has been presented before making their decision, the scenario I described is, I believe, permissable.

OTOH, if the text had been sent before the juror was selected and said something like "I hope I'm chosen, so I can nail the bastard", that would be evidence of extra-judicial bias.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

The person who posted the message was not on the jury, and instead was a MAGAT, trying to interfere.

Start here https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 25#p266290
Katie Porter '28
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:38 pm Just saw this on MSN.COM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... c380&ei=23

It says that Judge Merchon sent a letter to the attornies regarding a social media message from a juror to his cousin before the verdict, saying that the conviction was "in the bag".

I'm sure that team-Trump will scream that this shows that the trial was rigged against him and that it will figure in their inevitable appeal.

However, IANAL, but I thought that to show jury bias, you must show extra-judicial bias, meaning that the alleged bias must have been there before the juror was sworn in. If the juror decided halfway through the trial that the defendant is guilty, and that this decision was based on the evidence/testimony he/she had heard so far, then that is NOT extra-judicial bias.

While we might prefer that jurors wait until all of the evidence has been presented before making their decision, the scenario I described is, I believe, permissable.

OTOH, if the text had been sent before the juror was selected and said something like "I hope I'm chosen, so I can nail the bastard", that would be evidence of extra-judicial bias.
It’s in another thread. The guy claiming to have a cousin on the jury is a known “shit-poster.”

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”