Donald J. Trump 2024

p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

I assume that his flying monkeys get a kick of this schlock. I.e., it's not meant to be read literally; they enjoy the outrageousness--which only works because in fact they feel flattered.

The shallowness of such experiences appalls me.
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Grains of salt, etc., but it looks like the dog murderer is out.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm going with Doug Burgum. Nobody's heard of him so he won't steal any limelight from trump.

Added bonus, Seth Meyers did a segment on him last night stating that his name sounds like something an old curmudgeon would exclaim, as in, " I can't find my pitchfork, doug-burgum!"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

turd email
► Show Spoiler
YOU WERE THERE!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:28 pm I'm going with Doug Burgum. Nobody's heard of him so he won't steal any limelight from trump.

Added bonus, Seth Meyers did a segment on him last night stating that his name sounds like something an old curmudgeon would exclaim, as in, " I can't find my pitchfork, doug-burgum!"
He's got money, so he can help pay the legal bills.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

True. Biden could never get away with being confused about where he was. tfg? Everyone knows he's a moron and expect it from him. Two system of justice.
Alex Cole @acnewsitics wrote: If Biden were in Arizona and called it Texas, there would be BREAKING NEWS everywhere, but this asshole says it and nothing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ee31&ei=13

:sick:
Former President Donald Trump's "foamy saliva" in a new campaign video has raised questions on social media.

In the footage, Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, urged his supporters to vote for him in "any way possible"—including by casting absentee and mail-in ballots, forms of voting that he had previously staunchly opposed. "Many Republicans like to vote on Election Day and we must swamp the radical Democrats with massive turnout on Tuesday, November 5," Trump said.
:snippity:
"#RabidDon," Rick Wilson, one of the co-founders of The Lincoln Project, posted in response.

Don't Get An Extended Auto Warranty Until You Read This

"I guess it's time to bring in Kristi Noem to put Trump out of his misery," another person wrote, referencing the South Dakota governor's fatal shooting of her 14-month-old dog.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Rigged’: Trump attacks judge and courts in first post-conviction rally
Ex-president in Arizona warns appeal courts to ‘step up and straighten things out’ and insists he committed no crimes

Rachel Leingang
Fri 7 Jun 2024 01.33 CEST

In his first campaign rally after being convicted of 34 felonies, former president Donald Trump recalled how he just went through a “rigged” trial with a “highly conflicted” judge despite there being “no crime”.

The court cases Trump faces have become a mainstay of his campaigning throughout the last year, where he frequently tells his followers that the charges are a form of election interference and designed to tamp down the Maga movement.

“Those appellate courts have to step up and straighten things out, or we’re not going to have a country any longer,” he said.

Trump spoke at a Turning Point Action event in sweltering Phoenix, at Dream City church, a megachurch where he and Turning Point have held rallies in the past. The extreme heat led to some waiting outside for the venue to open to need medical attention for heatstroke.

Trump held a rally at the same church in 2020, during the height of the pandemic, when church leaders claimed to have an air-purification system that killed 99% of the Covid-19 virus. Turning Point Action is the campaign arm of Turning Point, the conservative youth group founded by Charlie Kirk, a figure in the Maga movement.

The former president also took aim at Joe Biden’s recent executive order limiting asylum seekers, which Trump called “bullshit” and said he would rescind on his first day in office, should he win. He condemned Biden on immigration and ran down Trump administration border policies, saying his Democratic rival could solve immigration problems by reinstating all of his old policies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... zona-rally
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:41 am
‘Rigged’: Trump attacks judge and courts in first post-conviction rally
Ex-president in Arizona warns appeal courts to ‘step up and straighten things out’ and insists he committed no crimes

Rachel Leingang
Fri 7 Jun 2024 01.33 CEST

In his first campaign rally after being convicted of 34 felonies, former president Donald Trump recalled how he just went through a “rigged” trial with a “highly conflicted” judge despite there being “no crime”.

The court cases Trump faces have become a mainstay of his campaigning throughout the last year, where he frequently tells his followers that the charges are a form of election interference and designed to tamp down the Maga movement.

“Those appellate courts have to step up and straighten things out, or we’re not going to have a country any longer,” he said.

Trump spoke at a Turning Point Action event in sweltering Phoenix, at Dream City church, a megachurch where he and Turning Point have held rallies in the past. The extreme heat led to some waiting outside for the venue to open to need medical attention for heatstroke.

Trump held a rally at the same church in 2020, during the height of the pandemic, when church leaders claimed to have an air-purification system that killed 99% of the Covid-19 virus. Turning Point Action is the campaign arm of Turning Point, the conservative youth group founded by Charlie Kirk, a figure in the Maga movement.

The former president also took aim at Joe Biden’s recent executive order limiting asylum seekers, which Trump called “bullshit” and said he would rescind on his first day in office, should he win. He condemned Biden on immigration and ran down Trump administration border policies, saying his Democratic rival could solve immigration problems by reinstating all of his old policies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... zona-rally
Keep focusing on your felony convictions Donny boy, that's the ticket.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:28 pm I'm going with Doug Burgum. Nobody's heard of him so he won't steal any limelight from trump.
Nah, I think that's exactly Burgum's problem. TFG wants a junior version of himself: someone with their own notoriety, who will parrot his shtick, and knows their place in the hierarchy. Pretty much anyone but Burgum would fit that profile. Plus a couple names I'm surprised didn't make the cut.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tom Cotton won’t be it cuz he looks like a pencil headed geek.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Odd to see Ben Carson's name on the list. I bet fuckhead is tempted to choose this zero.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:50 am
Nah, I think that's exactly Burgum's problem. TFG wants a junior version of himself: someone with their own notoriety, who will parrot his shtick, and knows their place in the hierarchy. Pretty much anyone but Burgum would fit that profile. Plus a couple names I'm surprised didn't make the cut.
Burgum is an excellent choice. Nobody has heard of him (except me, who had to listen to a few of his commercials at caucus time) and he's from a Red State. He won't cause any independents to vote for TFG.
Largo al factotum.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:30 am Odd to see Ben Carson's name on the list. I bet fuckhead is tempted to choose this zero.
He would sleep thru WW3 ought he to be in command :cantlook: :twisted:
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:50 am
I tend to disagree with that.

The great thing about Pence was that he was just a solid Christian Republican. He didn't compete with Trump, he didn't grab the spotlight, he just supported every single thing Trump said.

I don't think Trump wants any competition from his VP. Those Republicans on his VP list of possibles will aggressively rally for him in the upcoming months. But once Trump is elected, he wants someone who won't grab the spotlight. Someone who will do his bidding. It looks like Burgum will fit that role.
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:13 pm (Pence) didn't compete with Trump, he didn't grab the spotlight, he just supported every single thing Trump said.
Well, except for that one thing at the end.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:21 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:13 pm (Pence) didn't compete with Trump, he didn't grab the spotlight, he just supported every single thing Trump said.
Well, except for that one thing at the end.
Well, yeah. So basically Trump wants a Pence VP without a Pence backbone. Unfortunately, the Republican party is filled with them.
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Good discussion. :bighug:

No love for my despicable Congress token?

Nah.

I bet he picks the one that everyone around him is telling him never to pick.
TheNewSaint

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by TheNewSaint »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:26 pm basically Trump wants a Pence VP without a Pence backbone. Unfortunately, the Republican party is filled with them.
Seven of the eight candidates are obnoxious sycophants who've been auditioning for months to be Trump's mini-me. I think that points to the opposite conclusion: he wants an anti-Pence this time. Which is certainly consistent with how TFG responds to anyone he thinks betrayed him.

Burgum's presence feels like someone convinced Trump to put a token sane/inoffensive person on the list.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Someone should start survey thread of possible Trump VP choices.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Here's a gift link to a Washington Post article by Aaron Blake with his assessment of the Trump VP candidates -

The pros, cons and odds for 8 Trump VP contenders

Here's his take on Burgum -
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum

Biggest attribute: Trump and Burgum appear to have great chemistry, as LeVine reports. Even as Trump has called Vance and Rubio “great,” he called Burgum “incredible.” Burgum also has enormous personal wealth — he spent $28,000 of his own money per vote on his 2024 campaign — and the ability to connect Trump with his rich allies.

Biggest drawback: Burgum is surely the most boring and unremarkable candidate on this list. It’s pretty much the opposite of an exciting pick, and Trump is someone who values stage presence and charisma (as long as he doesn’t get upstaged).

Betting line: The most compelling sleeper pick, but still a sleeper pick. He makes a lot more sense for a Cabinet role.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

:snippity:
Apart never heard of him, his bio reads acceptable, with launching a software company that Microsoft thought to be valuable enough for a takeover. He seems to have sufficient executive experience at state level as governor. Agewise he matches up with Mike Pence, so likely good "younger blood" for djt now.

Negative headlines:

Trump’s MAGA Veepstakes: Doug Burgum Wants to Rip Away Freedoms and Rig the Economy for the Ultra-Wealthy with Trump
https://democrats.org/news/trumps-maga- ... ith-trump/

Trump’s MAGA Toadies Show Up to Trial in Matching Suits, Barely Pay Attention
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-ma ... p-to-trial

How Doug Burgum sold out LGBTQ North Dakotans for conservative clout
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... rcna100532

Burgum’s MAGA Economic Agenda Would Hurt Working Families
https://democrats.org/news/burgums-maga ... -families/

PS. ought djt bee removed from the presidential candidacy, this guy may be a contender.
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

The conventional wisdom is the veep nominee will be a minority or a woman (but not both).
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Palin: a female and Alaska ;) :twisted:
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:29 pm Good discussion. :bighug:

No love for my despicable Congress token?

Nah.
She’s not attractive, which some think is a negative for this particular candidate. Her mousiness and lack of fire could be points in her favor as Pence is also Dullsville. As for loyalty, hers is to herself. She’s an opportunist. She’ll do what it takes to sit in the big chair.

Return to “US President”