Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:05 pm :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
IT"s BENCHSLAP THURSDAY!!!!!!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:thumbsup:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So tfg is having an event here today. We are having a "heat wave" - it's all heat waves now. Anyway, going up to 110 degrees today. It's only noon and half a dozen people have already been carried away from the line waiting to get in on stretchers. It's gonna be a blood bath once the temperature starts climbing this afternoon, it's only around 100 now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:25 pm So tfg is having an event here today. We are having a "heat wave" - it's all heat waves now. Anyway, going up to 110 degrees today. It's only noon and half a dozen people have already been carried away from the line waiting to get in on stretchers. It's gonna be a blood bath once the temperature starts climbing this afternoon, it's only around 100 now.
To him, if he even thought about it (facts not in evidence), it'd be a loyalty test - "are you willing to put your life at risk for Your Favorite President?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:25 pm So tfg is having an event here today. We are having a "heat wave" - it's all heat waves now. Anyway, going up to 110 degrees today. It's only noon and half a dozen people have already been carried away from the line waiting to get in on stretchers. It's gonna be a blood bath once the temperature starts climbing this afternoon, it's only around 100 now.
In the past some people have told me, you should live in Arizona. When I remind them I am not fond of heat, they go, oh, it's a dry heat. Then I have to ask, if it is not bad, why does your baseball team need to play indoors?

110.. this is why I am NORTHland10 and not INTHEDAMNHEATLAND10

As for the speech, I could see him making his followers wait for 2 hours, then show up and instead of his 1+ hour rant, he goes on for 10 minutes then retreats from the heat.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I remember decades ago when my father passed away in Arizona, June I think (night of OJ's Bronco ride, too lazy to look up). Us three kids were all lifetime Pacific Northwesterners and we died. Yeah, there's AC, but you can't go outside and escape it. Get up at 5AM for a walk and it's 90 something. Yeah, the stores all have AC as do the cars, but you still have to walk from the car to the store. Yeah, the pool is nice and cool, but the sun really bakes your shoulders and face that is not in the water. We don't have as much rain in the NW like we used to, but I'll take that anytime vs. AZ in the summer.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/06/06/tru ... onviction/

11 taken to hospital for heat-related illness at Trump town hall in Phoenix
And i hear he is also going to be going Las Vegas for a rally soon.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Let me guess, he expressed no concern for those followers who succumbed to heat exhaustion. Ammiright?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:49 pm https://www.azfamily.com/2024/06/06/tru ... onviction/

11 taken to hospital for heat-related illness at Trump town hall in Phoenix
And i hear he is also going to be going Las Vegas for a rally soon.
We have excessive heat in Vegas right now, my car showed 113 a little while ago. It will be back towards normal at 104 on Sunday.
raison de arizona

Ended up officially 113 for the day here in Phx too. Also. That’s ok, we save money on hot water since that is what comes out of the tap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:59 pm Let me guess, he expressed no concern for those followers who succumbed to heat exhaustion. Ammiright?
Why? Those were all losers ... :twisted:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He prefers sycophants that don't keel over in the heat.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

He knows if they don't actually die, they'll vote for him regardless.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
The rally in Vegas is Sunday, at Sunset Park.

I don't see any large buildings in the Park, but they do have the Sunset Park Pickleball Complex. He's probably planning another outdoor rally, which will be quite pleasant at noon with temps in the low 100s. :eek:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:46 am He knows if they don't even if they actually die, they'll vote for him regardless.
FIFY.

After all, in the handful of cases of actual voter fraud that were proven in the 2020 election, they were all by Trump voters who voted using their dead relative's absentee ballot.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Criminal investigation into campaign donations for Arizona governor underway

By Social Links forThe Center Square
Published June 8, 2024, 1:07 p.m. ET

(The Center Square) – There is now a criminal investigation underway by Attorney General Kris Mayes’ office into a group home company’s donations to Gov. Katie Hobbs and the state Democratic Party.

The Arizona Republic reported that Sunshine Residential Homes donated roughly $400,000 to Hobbs, including to her campaign and inauguration, as well as to the state Democratic Party, but questions arose when the Department of Child Safety raised their daily pay rate per child by around 60%, which is $149 to $195. This came as other homes were getting their asks for more funds rejected. According to the outlet, the company will be complying with the investigation.

After the story broke, Senate President Pro Tempore T.J. Shope sent a letter to Mayes and Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell saying that the situation can “only be described as a pay-to-play scheme” involving the company, DCS, and Hobbs’ office. He said that it could involve violations of several laws ranging from bribery, fraud schemes, conflict of interest, and illegally spending state dollars.

In a statement, Shope referred to the allegations as a “disgusting abuse of taxpayer dollars to further her political career.” ABC15 Arizona reported that the company is already under scrutiny for the death of a 9-year-old boy with diabetes who was in their care.

“Knowing Arizona’s Governor and the Arizona Democratic Party are providing preferential treatment to a facility alleged to have engaged in negligence leading to the death of a child is unconscionable,” the senator stated.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/08/us-news/c ... -underway/
raison de arizona

Imma take what the NY Post says with a grain of salt, but definitely concerning.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:35 pm Imma take what the NY Post says with a grain of salt, but definitely concerning.
Ariz. Daily Star: Arizona AG to launch criminal probe of group home donations linked to Hobbs:
Attorney General Kris Mayes is opening a criminal probe into whether laws were broken in a contract awarded to a major donor to a political committee run by Gov. Katie Hobbs.

The move, announced late Thursday, stems from a decision by the Department of Child Services to increase the amount of money it is paying Sunshine Residential Homes for caring for children who are removed from their homes.

Capitol Media Services reported shortly after Hobbs took office in 2023 that the company had contributed $100,000 to cover the cost of her inauguration. Only Arizona Public Service, with its $250,000 contribution, donated more.

All totaled, Hobbs raked in nearly $1.5 million from corporations and other special interests to cover the expenses of the event, which cost only about $207,000.

The Arizona Republic, which reported on Sunshine getting a 60% increase in the rates it is being paid by DCS, says the company donated another $300,000 to the Democratic Party, much of that while Hobbs was running for governor in 2022.

In a letter late Thursday to Shope, Nick Klingerman, the chief counsel of the AG’s office criminal division, acknowledged his agency is statutorily authorized to investigate the list of crimes spelled out in the letter [from a state senator].

“To that end, the Attorney General’s Office will be opening an investigation,’’ he wrote.
So: State senator sent a letter to AG, alleging crimes; AG said, "we'll look into it."
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

My internal calculator may be on the fritz, but I reckon an increase from 149 to 195 is closer to 30% than 60%.

Is there some arithmetical inflation going on here?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

A fool and his money... Young Heath and Hamadeh prepare to ante up.
UPDATE: Hamadeh and Attorney Ready To Post $209,000 Cash Bond, Court of Appeals Dismisses (First) Appeal

Abe Hamadeh, attorney Ryan Heath and the other Plaintiffs indicated that they are ready to post a $209,000 cash bond on Friday while they appeal the dismissal of their election-related case and the sanctions imposed. However, the Court of Appeals today REJECTED their first appeal.

Chief Judge David Gass explained that the appeal from the initial dismissal of the case was premature because the sanctions issue had not been decided, and that the Superior Court's order should not have included language saying it was an appealable final judgment (Rule 54(b)).

As it turns out, Superior Court Judge Susanna Pineda signed the Order prepared by Heath, and that the Defendants (Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, Attorney General Kris Mayes, and Maricopa County) had objected to the Order including the 54(b) language.

Hamadeh/Heath/Crosby/Mast filed a second Notice of Appeal last week after the sanctions were levied (see below). (Hypothetically, the Court of Appeals could have seen that the 2nd Notice of Appeal was coming and could have waited or combined them. They did not do that - although it was apparently in the record they received from Superior Court.)

Separately, Heath filed a Stipulation (agreed to by all of the defendants) on Friday to allow them to post a cash bond of (approximately) $209,000 to prevent any garnishments or actions.
Moar and docs at: https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2024/0 ... again.html
raison de arizona

Young Heath has issues with the process.
https://x.com/Ryan_L_Heath/status/1800595977533079916
Ryan @Ryan_L_Heath wrote: Yesterday, I asked the trial court to order the MC Clerk to expedite the transfer of the index of record to the court of appeals.

Rejecting jurisdiction of this appeal places process over substance and is an unfortunate waste of time for all involved in this case (including the defendants). The court of appeals already has the final judgment for the issue of sanctions (entered on May 30) in its record (it was repeatedly referenced in Abe’s opening brief and was included in the appendix), and the appellate court could have easily taken judicial notice of the trial court’s additional filings that it doesn’t have (there are only a few of them) and accepted jurisdiction.

I’m looking forward to finally dealing with the substantive issues in this case, which have yet to be addressed by anyone.
raison de arizona

Richter sticks it to him.
Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: @stephen_richer slams his primary opponent for refusing to say AZ's elections were not stolen:

“If you cannot answer...then you either haven't done your homework, or you don't have the moral courage to be able to say yes or no...Neither of those elections were stolen.”
raison de arizona

Anderson Cooper 360° @AC360 wrote: Rene Marsh joins Anderson to explain how a CNN investigation found taxpayer dollars are helping to teach right-wing views at private schools in Arizona.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

BUT... But... but... aren't tax payers $$$ already teaching kids communism :dance: :cantlook:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”