Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!” - CONVICTED!!

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

St Helena is not what it used to be, an island only to be reached by clippers with a ten weeks voyage. Would the US ask the Brits for a favour to send Teh Donald by sea to his destination? Today the island has an international airport. The Magas would flock by and create a mass tourism.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

chancery wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:01 pm Elba didn't work out so well.

What we want is St. Helena, and the mansion on the windward side of the island, where the 20 mph winds blowing all day and all night drove people mad.
Or we could have what happened to Theon Grayjoy after he took over Winterfell. The Bolton gang blew horns day and night and drove them all nuts until one of his own men knocked him out cold and gave him over to the Boltons. Now, wouldn't that be some great fun?
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

From Balloon Juice (quoting Politico).

https://balloon-juice.com/2024/06/03/ri ... en-thread/
DeSantis says Trump can still vote in Florida despite felony conviction
The governor disputes the assessment of some experts who say Trump’s conviction would make him ineligible to vote in the state.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says he’ll make sure Donald Trump can vote in his home state this November despite his felony convictions.

DeSantis said Friday that he disputes the assessment of some experts who say that Trump’s conviction on 34 felony counts would make him ineligible to cast a ballot in the state.

But, in any case, the Florida governor said he would ensure the state clemency board cleared the way for his former rival for the Republican presidential nomination to vote back home.

“Given the absurd nature of the New York prosecution of Trump, this would be an easy case to qualify for restoration of rights per the Florida Clemency Board, which I chair,” he said on X.
From everything I've heard, there's no need for action by the Clemency Board unless Trump is actually in prison.

However, the casual, matter-of-fact corruption that DeSantis is displaying here is impressive, particularly in light of Florida's repulsive efforts to thwart the state constitutional amendment ending felony disenfranchisement. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... ts-florida
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

chancery wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:01 pm Elba didn't work out so well.

What we want is St. Helena, and the mansion on the windward side of the island, where the 20 mph winds blowing all day and all night drove people mad.
:oldlady: Oops, my bad, St. Helena was what I was thinking about. I heard there was rats. Lots of them.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:20 pm St Helena is not what it used to be, an island only to be reached by clippers with a ten weeks voyage.
Just for the obnoxious fun of it, I'll mention that the era of long-distance clipper ships didn't begin until decades after Napoleon's death. And I doubt that any of those expensive ocean-going greyhounds ever called at St. Helena, since there was no tea or other luxury goods to be had there.

;)

Edit to change a phrase to what many of us remember. RIP the Sherman brothers.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Slightly off-topic, but the various "can an NY felon vote in FL?" pieces demonstrate how lazy and shoddy are a significant fraction of commentators outside of Fogworld. Instead of researching the question, or even wrapping a disclaimer around their statements, they lazily parrot the simplistic trope that "felons are not allowed to vote" without asking themselves: "I think felons are never allowed to vote, but I should check the accuracy of that statement as it applies to these specific circumstances."

Inaccuracy on checkable items gives one an impression of their likely inaccuracy on items that are more difficult to verify.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

How about Guantanamo Bay?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:12 pm Too bad the place on Elba where they kept Napoleon isn't available. :biggrin:
We would probably need to spruce it up with a fresh coating of Arsenic laden wall paper.

Nadt
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm really warming up to the idea of this location, but I'm sure the British wouldn't play along :biggrin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena

Off topic:
Off Topic
For those not familiar with this island and its history see Wiki link above. Also, Thomas Costain wrote a fictional book on Napoleon at Saint Helen and an unusual friendship he formed, The Last Love. I found it in a used book store years ago and really enjoyed it, there were a few non fiction books about the friendship he had with young Elizabeth Balcombe, one being To Befriend an Emperor: Betsy Balcombe's Memoirs of Napoleon on St Helena. Used prices are high, but got a copy via Interlibrary Loan. Really interesting reading for historical geeks like me.
Oh, and do look up the location of the island on a map. That's about as remote as you can get :biggrin: ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:49 pm I'm really warming up to the idea of this location, but I'm sure the British wouldn't play along :biggrin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena

Off topic:
Off Topic
For those not familiar with this island and its history see Wiki link above. Also, Thomas Costain wrote a fictional book on Napoleon at Saint Helen and an unusual friendship he formed, The Last Love. I found it in a used book store years ago and really enjoyed it, there were a few non fiction books about the friendship he had with young Elizabeth Balcombe, one being To Befriend an Emperor: Betsy Balcombe's Memoirs of Napoleon on St Helena. Used prices are high, but got a copy via Interlibrary Loan. Really interesting reading for historical geeks like me.
Oh, and do look up the location of the island on a map. That's about as remote as you can get :biggrin: ;)
Pitcairn would like a word.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

One of the newly formed active us volcanic islands?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

I recommend The Emperor's Last Island: A journey to St Helena, by Julia Blackburn.

"Part autobiography, part travelogue, part history, it adds up to a melancholy and exquisitely bizarre essay on fame, mortality and the vanity of human wishes." London Review of Books

Books of The Times; When the Emperor Turned Into a Short, Fat Man
NYT, July 31, 1992

Gift Link: https://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/31/book ... =url-share
In recounting the story of Napoleon's six years on St. Helena, Ms. Blackburn -- the author of a biography of the traveler and conservationist Charles Waterton -- has written a marvelously eccentric and engaging book. Part biography, part travelogue, part history lesson, "The Emperor's Last Island" is the sort of book Bruce Chatwin might have written: it draws on a wealth of historical research (taken from letters, diaries and little-known books) but imparts its erudition with insouciant charm. Ms. Blackburn has found a lucid, intimate voice, capable of accommodating everything from her own childhood memories to obscure historical footnotes. She takes the reader on a meandering journey through Napoleon's last years, pausing frequently to meditate upon the history of St. Helena and her own adventures as a pilgrim to the island.

:snippity:

This sad -- and sometimes comic -- story of Napoleon's last years is told by Ms. Blackburn with sympathy, brio and wit. "The Emperor's Last Island" not only makes a bittersweet coda to the vast body of Napoleonic studies that already exists; it should also surprise and delight anyone who enjoys a good story, finely told.
rossgw

Post by rossgw »

How about North Sentinel Island for Felon 45?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
chancery wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:57 pm I recommend The Emperor's Last Island: A journey to St Helena, by Julia Blackburn.
My next book.
May I suggest South Georgia? No, the other South Georgia.
Katie Porter '28
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:05 am
Off Topic
chancery wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:57 pm I recommend The Emperor's Last Island: A journey to St Helena, by Julia Blackburn.
My next book.
May I suggest South Georgia? No, the other South Georgia.
სამხრეთ საქართველო ევროპაში არა?

Oh, the other other south Georgia. Very south Georgia.
Off Topic
The script is called Mkhedruli, one of three scripts used for writing modern Georgian. Isn't it pretty?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It is a beautiful script!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

🅔🅧🅒🅔🅛🅛🅔🅝🅣 🅢🅒🅡🅘🅟🅣.
Katie Porter '28
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

How about Dutch Village in Baltimore?
Go Land Crabs!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Too swank. :mrgreen:
Katie Porter '28
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

How about house arrest in one of those tenements his father owned?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:35 am How about house arrest in one of those tenements his father owned?
Not enough roaches
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The biggest roach on the planet moving in would scare the others out. 🪳

The same could be said for 🐀
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk

Donald Trump's lawyers have asked the judge overseeing his criminal hush money case to terminate the gag order against the former president, saying it's no longer justified since the trial is over

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics ... index.html
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:26 pm
CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk

Donald Trump's lawyers have asked the judge overseeing his criminal hush money case to terminate the gag order against the former president, saying it's no longer justified since the trial is over

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics ... index.html
I believe the case of 'In Re: Yogi Berra' set the firm precedent that "It ain't over till it's over." Stare decisis, dontcha know. There is sentencing to come, after all.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The gag order was entered to protect the fair conduct of the trial. It's not even clear to me that it's still in effect: Cessante ratione legis, cessat lex ipsa.

Nothing wrong with asking the judge to make it clear.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”