trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
sad-cafe

trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Post by sad-cafe »

By the way-Mrs. Molly passed away in 2021 at the age of 96
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This is a much better spend of your time than watching 2 hours of it - it's only 7 minutes long. And Hilarious.

Edit: Oh, ya, contains words that apperently require the Death Penalty if uttered within 50 KMs of a sensitive US American ear. And a few words you haven't heard of. :mrgreen:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Word on the street is that tfg blew off a requirement to meet with the probation people by today. I wonder if this sort of behavior will influence Merchan? I wonder if this sort of behavior would be allowed with, I dunno, a black guy. I wonder if this requirement is even really a thing, so much misinformation. And disinformation. Anyway. That's what I heard from a little (former) bird.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:59 am Word on the street is that tfg blew off a requirement to meet with the probation people by today. I wonder if this sort of behavior will influence Merchan? I wonder if this sort of behavior would be allowed with, I dunno, a black guy. I wonder if this requirement is even really a thing, so much misinformation. And disinformation. Anyway. That's what I heard from a little (former) bird.
Apparently not.

https://x.com/AnnaBower/status/1797114706274177312

On phone so can’t retype it.
raison de arizona

chancery wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:44 am Apparently not.

https://x.com/AnnaBower/status/1797114706274177312

On phone so can’t retype it.
I’m sorry, what? No. This is misleading.

Justice Merchan told Todd Blanche that the clerk of court would instruct him on how to go about scheduling Trump’s probation interview. There was no requirement that Trump visit with a probation officer the night of the verdict.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:00 am https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1796702503247159793
Biden-Harris HQ@BidenHQ
2:37 AM · Jun 1, 2024
The images
TehDonaldPostSentencingLies1-2.jpg
TehDonaldPostSentencingLies1-2.jpg (141.55 KiB) Viewed 972 times
TehDonaldPostSentencingLies2-2.jpg
TehDonaldPostSentencingLies2-2.jpg (153.98 KiB) Viewed 972 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:06 am
What gets me is the Media has been complicit in this. They could have been telling people he was was walking out and waving at no-one for years, but instead they just filmed him waving at nothing and broadcasting it to give the illusion he wanted.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump had lots of negative opinions about felons. Now he is one.
From roughing up suspects to revoking bail, the 34-count felon has suggested harsh treatment for his fellow criminals

Lois Beckett
Sat 1 Jun 2024 15.40 CEST

Donald Trump has spent years complaining that American police and the criminal legal system should be “very much tougher”, arguing that some criminals should not be protected by civil liberties, police should rough up suspects and a much wider range of people should face the death penalty for breaking the law.

Now that the former president has been convicted on 34 felony counts for falsifying business records, Trump is arguing that the US legal system is out of control. “If they can do this to me, they can do this to anyone,” he said on Friday.

Here’s a recap of some of Trump’s notable comments about “felons” and “criminals” – and a look at how the convict himself has actually been treated.

Trump’s opinion: police officers should rough up suspects as they’re arresting them

Addressing an audience of law enforcement officers on Long Island in July 2017, Trump told officers, “Please don’t be too nice”, and he mocked the idea of police making an effort to protect suspects’ heads as they’re put in the back of a police vehicle.

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over [their head],” Trump said, pantomiming the gesture. “Like: ‘Don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head.’ I said: ‘You can take the hand away, OK?’”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... punishment
raison de arizona

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "I didn't say 'lock her up'" -- Trump, on Fox & Friends and facing possible jail time, tries to distance himself from the ubiquitous "lock her up" chants about Hillary Clinton at her rallies
Video of tfg saying lock her up.
► Show Spoiler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:38 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1797257168548253746
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "I didn't say 'lock her up'" -- Trump, on Fox & Friends and facing possible jail time, tries to distance himself from the ubiquitous "lock her up" chants about Hillary Clinton at her rallies
Video of tfg saying lock her up.
► Show Spoiler
He seems to think there is no video or audio. Sorry, we heard you.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:26 am He seems to think there is no video or audio. Sorry, we heard you.
click! engage :rolleye: :boxing: mode

Butbutbut … FAKE NEWS!! :torches:

Those are fake videos created by Biden!!!!

Facts don't matter to the Trumpists. Cold hard facts die in their hate-filled heads.

I guess Fox News and other shitshows will simply report that Trump denies chanting "lock her up!" – factually correct in that he does deny it – without the appropriate clarification that it is a big fat lie.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:20 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:26 am He seems to think there is no video or audio. Sorry, we heard you.
click! engage :rolleye: :boxing: mode

Butbutbut … FAKE NEWS!! :torches:

Those are fake videos created by Biden!!!!

Facts don't matter to the Trumpists. Cold hard facts die in their hate-filled heads.

I guess Fox News and other shitshows will simply report that Trump denies chanting "lock her up!" – factually correct in that he does deny it – without the appropriate clarification that it is a big fat lie.
Of course! Remember that the other chant is only "Fuck YOUR feelings" (emphasis mine). Here's a helpful, easy to remember statement to that effect:

Trumpist Feelings > Facts > Non-Trumpist Feelings
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The reich stuff – what does Trump really have in common with Hitler?
Comparisons between the ex-president and the 20th-century Nazi leader are controversial but a new book says they resemble each other as political performance artists

David Smith in Washington
Mon 3 Jun 2024 13.00 CEST

When Donald Trump shared a video that dreamed of a “unified reich” if he wins the US presidential election, and took nearly a full day to remove it, the most shocking thing was how unshocking it was.

Trump has reportedly said before that Adolf Hitler did “some good things”, echoed the Nazi dictator by calling his political opponents “vermin” and saying immigrants are “poisoning the blood of our country”, and responded to a white supremacist march in Charlottesville by claiming that there were “very fine people on both sides”.

The Hitler-Trump analogy is controversial. “Some of Trump’s critics – including Biden’s campaign – argue that Trump’s incendiary rhetoric and authoritarian behavior justify the comparison,” the Politico website observed recently. “Meanwhile, Trump’s defenders – and even some of his more historically-minded critics – argue that the comparison is ahistorical; that he’s not a true fascist.”

The former camp now includes Henk de Berg, a professor of German at the University of Sheffield in Britain. The Dutchman, whose previous books include Freud’s Theory and Its Use in Literary and Cultural Studies, has just published Trump and Hitler: A Comparative Study in Lying.

In it, De Berg compares and contrasts Hitler and Trump as political performance artists and how they connect with their respective audiences. He examines the two men’s work ethic, management style and narcissism, as well as quirks such as Hitler’s toothbrush moustache and Trump’s implausible blond hair.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... milarities
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As I've said a hell of a lot, people miss the point by comparing him with Hitler. You sould in fact compare him with all fascist leaders like Mossolini, Franco etc. People like to focus on Hitler for the shock value.

But perversely it makes it harder to say Turnip is a Fascist becasue he isn't that much like Hitler specifically. But if you compare his characteresitcs with Fascist leaders in general, then he clearly is a Fascist.

All Nazis were Fascists but not all Fascists were Nazis.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Hitler had much more personal courage than the quadfectee.
Katie Porter '28
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:52 am Hitler had much more personal courage than the quadfectee.
Yes.

At the risk of bigging up Hitler (and with the caveat that I am no historian), Hitler actually cared about Germany and its status. He fought and was wounded in the First World War, and saw Germany humiliated after its defeat. The post-war settlement was (understandably but perhaps unwisely) harsh on Germany, the victors were in no mood to be generous. Hitler's main aim was to restore Germany's status as the major power in Europe, preferably with himself leading it.

Trump has never cared about America as a country or as a people. He cares only about himself and his family. Everybody else is irrelevant in the Trumpworld except insofar as they support his ventures in a transactional way or affirm his self-esteem.

The mechanics of Trump's populism might be similar (or not) to Hitler's, but Trump's fascistic tendences are more about his indifference to other people's condition than about a specific agenda. Hitler at least wrote Mein Kampf himself, Trump seems barely literate.

As I said, I'm no historian, I've never read much about the Second World War, so this naive analysis could be nonsense!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
He fought and was wounded in the First World War ...
And returned to battle after recovering from his wounds. He also personally fought in the beer halls against the incipient German Communists, great mashups of thugs using chair legs and so forth as weapons. Lots of people were injured and a few died in the beer hall riots, but he intentionally started them. He was a brawler, and the quadfectee is nothing but a fraidy cat.

And yes, he (delusionally) wanted greatness for Germany, but he was a crazy asshole, so he destroyed it instead.
Katie Porter '28
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox had the three weekend hosts in to show clips of tfg interview. I did see one bit where there was discussion over his I never said lock her up, and they tried to walk it back and justify it because, I don't know why :oldlady: :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Multiple Trump Witnesses Have Received Significant Financial Benefits From His Businesses, Campaign

Nine witnesses in the criminal cases against former President Donald Trump have received significant financial benefits, including large raises from his campaign, severance packages, new jobs, and a grant of shares and cash from Trump’s media company.

The benefits have flowed from Trump’s businesses and campaign committees, according to a ProPublica analysis of public disclosures, court records and securities filings. One campaign aide had his average monthly pay double, from $26,000 to $53,500. Another employee got a $2 million severance package barring him from voluntarily cooperating with law enforcement. And one of the campaign’s top officials had her daughter hired onto the campaign staff, where she is now the fourth-highest-paid employee.

These pay increases and other benefits often came at delicate moments in the legal proceedings against Trump. One aide who was given a plum position on the board of Trump’s social media company, for example, got the seat after he was subpoenaed but before he testified.

Significant changes to a staffer’s work situation, such as bonuses, pay raises, firings or promotions, can be evidence of a crime if they come outside the normal course of business. To prove witness tampering, prosecutors would need to show that perks or punishments were intended to influence testimony.
:snippity:
https://www.propublica.org/article/dona ... l-benefits
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:36 pm This is a much better spend of your time than watching 2 hours of it - it's only 7 minutes long. And Hilarious.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pbTmXsfiYk

Edit: Oh, ya, contains words that apperently require the Death Penalty if uttered within 50 KMs of a sensitive US American ear. And a few words you haven't heard of. :mrgreen:
Two thumbs up! Work of art.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“The American people saw the Biden Trials for what they are, a Political Hoax and Election-Interfering attempt to keep President Trump away from voters and confined to a freezing courtroom, THE ICEBOX. Based on these record contribution numbers, and Polling, it didn’t work because voters understand the clear contrast between Donald J. Trump’s record of success, and Joe Biden’s failures,” said RNC Chairman Michael Whatley and Co-Chairman Lara Trump. “Unfortunately for Democrats, their rigged political operation has backfired in a historic way, and Republicans are in a stronger position than to FIRE Crooked Joe Biden and Make America Great Again by electing President Trump on November 5.”
Has anyone seen him express concern for anyone else freezing in the courtroom? Not holding my breath for an answer...

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

Also multiple posts supporting his favored MAGA candidates and boasting about all the money they've raised. :yawn:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The WINRED site apparently crashed from traffic after the verdict, and you know what they say about fools and money

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”