hell yes mfer guilty on all 34 counts

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

IMG_9765.jpeg
IMG_9765.jpeg (131.1 KiB) Viewed 713 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:dance: :dance: :dance:
rikker

Post by rikker »

I don't think the Deadbeat will go to jail for this. Rather, I can envision Judge Merchan sentencing him to community service in a homeless shelter, sweeping floors eight hours a day until the election. It's a wickedly appropriate sentence.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

rikker wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:26 pm I don't think the Deadbeat will go to jail for this. Rather, I can envision Judge Merchan sentencing him to community service in a homeless shelter, sweeping floors eight hours a day until the election. It's a wickedly appropriate sentence.
:prettyplease:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Pathological absence of remorse; 10 contempt of court convictions (so far); the fact that Cohen went to prison on a similar count--after pleading guilty?

Not saying he'll end up in prison; just saying anyone else in the country would receive a sentence of incarceration. For Merchan not to sentence jail time is once again a sign of how someone is above the law.

I think I'm repeating myself. Apologies for that.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

rikker wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:26 pm I don't think the Deadbeat will go to jail for this. Rather, I can envision Judge Merchan sentencing him to community service in a homeless shelter, sweeping floors eight hours a day until the election. It's a wickedly appropriate sentence.
That might be an easy lift for the Secret Service. Until he tells them they gotta do the work.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

I had this idea that:
  • T gets a prison sentence
  • The media speculate about a presidential pardon
  • Team Biden/Harris reminds the media that a pardon has to be humbly requested.
  • MAGA gets hopelessly conflicted
Then I remembered it's a State sentence.
So does NY have anything similar where the governor can commute a sentence but only if the convict begs?
rikker

Post by rikker »

Republicans (2021): "If they arrest him, it's WAR!!!!"
Republicans (2022): "If they try him, it's WAR!!!!"
Republicans (2023): "If they convict him, it's WAR!!!"
Republicans (2024): "If they sentence him, it's WAR!!!"
Republicans (2025): "Dang!!!!"
rikker

Post by rikker »

Republicans describe Biden as "decrepit" on the one hand, but "deviously Machiavellian" for crafting Trump's doom in court on the other.

Which is it, dorkboys?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

rikker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:57 pm Republicans describe Biden as "decrepit" on the one hand, but "deviously Machiavellian" for crafting Trump's doom in court on the other.

Which is it, dorkboys?
If it gets too complicated, they just bring in Obama's name as the one pulling the strings from behind the curtain.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

He should sentence him to live like this!

rikker

Post by rikker »

I see community service in Trump's immediate future. I see a broom in his hands and a frown on his face. And I predict the whine on his lips will contain the words "RIGGED!! HOAX!! and UNFAIR!!!"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

rikker wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:38 pm I see community service in Trump's immediate future. I see a broom in his hands and a frown on his face. And I predict the whine on his lips will contain the words "RIGGED!! HOAX!! and UNFAIR!!!"
One can dream, rikker.

And good to see you.

Return to “Current Politics”