Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!” - CONVICTED!!

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 am Maybe I messed up, but I can't find Ms. Hoffinger's remainder of the cross-examination, which she estimated would take 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Or the redirect. I reckon that's yesterday's testimony, and we'll be able to read it mañana, yesno?

I can't believe I'm reading transcripts. I think I'll go mow the yard. :doh:
I don't think the transcript for yesterday is out yet.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn knows more details about the case than I do. :oopsy:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Foggy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 am Maybe I messed up, but I can't find Ms. Hoffinger's remainder of the cross-examination, which she estimated would take 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Or the redirect. I reckon that's yesterday's testimony, and we'll be able to read it mañana, yesno?

NYT has it up: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ay-20.html
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I can’t believe the defense attorney didn’t explain the constraints.

Or that an attorney would behave so to a judge in whose courtroom he may be arguing a future case.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Flatpoint, can you please "gift" us access. I canceled my NYT subscription after I got locked out and couldn't get back in. Thanks in advance.
pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:05 pm I can’t believe the defense attorney didn’t explain the constraints.

Or that an attorney would behave so to a judge in whose courtroom he may be arguing a future case.
Pipistrelle, as to point one, Todd Blanche is an inexperienced defense lawyer, and it shows. I would say his inexperience rose to the level of incompetence here.

As to point two, it's a combination of MAGA degradation, and Costello and his firm's desire to become the new Roy Cohns and hitmen for Trump. They may yet achieve Roy Cohn stardom, which in Cohn's case included lots of indictments and a disbarment.

From what I have read, Costello has not only has repeatedly violated the duty of loyalty he still owes his client, but he violated his oath in pretending to represent Cohen when his real client was Trump. In my opinion, for that he should be disbarred. I hope some New York lawyer institutes a discipline proceeding or grievance with the Disciplinary Committee for the First Department in Manhattan. That's how Giuliani's discipline started. And Costello appears very deserving.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The most recent transcript on the NYT site is May 20, which you have already.

If Flatpoint doesn't get to it first, I'll be happy to post a gift link to the NYT transcript for May 21.

Note that yesterday the May 20 transcript was unusually late to appear on the NYT site; it hadn't been posted when I turned in last night. USA Today had the May 20 transcript hours earlier. Also, note that USA Today doesn't appear to have a dedicated page for the transcripts; it's probably necessary to google around for a recent story.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

sterngard friegen wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:20 pm Flatpoint, can you please "gift" us access. I canceled my NYT subscription after I got locked out and couldn't get back in. Thanks in advance.
Law360 is posting Trump trial transcripts here:
https://www.law360.com/newyork-vs-trump-tracker
They are getting them from the New York Times, so will not have them any earlier, but are not paywalling them.

Washington Post also posting transcript pdfs via this page
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/transcripts-trump-hush-money-trial/

It may be that the direct link to the pdf bypasses paywall restrictions, so could be shared without using up a gift link (NYT subscribers get 10 gift links a month.) Here are direct links for May 20 as an experiment.
May 20 transcript [NYT]
May 20 transcript [WaPo]
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

andersweinstein wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:01 pm :snippity:
It may be that the direct link to the pdf bypasses paywall restrictions, so could be shared without using up a gift link (NYT subscribers get 10 gift links a month.) Here are direct links for May 20 as an experiment.
May 20 transcript [NYT]
May 20 transcript [WaPo]
Both direct links work for me. The NY State Court site has up the one from May 21 but it is not scroll-able. You have to keep clicking "next".

https://pdfs.nycourts.gov/PeopleVs.DTru ... 5-21-2024/
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Wow, May 21st conclusion of the cross of Costello is devastating. Ms Hoffinger was very skillful in preventing Costello from giving speeches. He also lied about what his emails and texts plainly showed, almost to the point of perjury.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:56 pm
chancery wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:15 pm https://x.com/KatiePhang/status/1793023255701282979
MERCHAN: It was concerning when the terms changed to "presence of counsel." I couldn't believe when i saw it again now calling it "involvement of counsel."
Maybe computer printouts of counsel. Trump absolutely loves them.
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

My comment on the NY State court transcript site. Instead of publishing a simple PDF it's almost as if they told the IT department to put up something shitty, hard to use, and did we say shitty?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:05 pm I can’t believe the defense attorney didn’t explain the constraints.

Costello IS boing to be arguing a case in front of Marchan soon as I understand it. I forgot what case it is already, but I read about it here a few minutes ago where someone not immediately involved was complaining about the random selection process.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:37 pm

Costello IS boing to be arguing a case in front of Marchan soon as I understand it. I forgot what case it is already, but I read about it here a few minutes ago where someone not immediately involved was complaining about the random selection process.
Something about Bannon, I thought.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From Steve Bannon's Wikipedia page -
In August 2022, Bannon was indicted on New York state charges of money laundering, conspiracy and fraud related to the $25 million "We Build the Wall" scheme. Bannon claimed the charges were politically motivated, and—invoking a common right-wing conspiracy theory—somehow linked the charges to financier George Soros. Bannon said that he and Trump would not "stop fighting" and "they will have to kill me first". He surrendered to authorities on September 8. The trial was originally expected to start May 27, 2024, however it was postponed to September 23, 2024 because the judge in that case, Juan Merchan, was also overseeing the Trump "hush-money" case and was unavailable at that time.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:00 pm From Steve Bannon's Wikipedia page -
In August 2022, Bannon was indicted on New York state charges of money laundering, conspiracy and fraud related to the $25 million "We Build the Wall" scheme. Bannon claimed the charges were politically motivated, and—invoking a common right-wing conspiracy theory—somehow linked the charges to financier George Soros. Bannon said that he and Trump would not "stop fighting" and "they will have to kill me first". He surrendered to authorities on September 8. The trial was originally expected to start May 27, 2024, however it was postponed to September 23, 2024 because the judge in that case, Juan Merchan, was also overseeing the Trump "hush-money" case and was unavailable at that time.
Robert Costello - who Judge Merchan lambasted in Trump's criminal trial - is Bannon's lawyer.

Costello stepped in after another lawyer quit when Bannon suggested Dr. Fauci be beheaded.
viewtopic.php?p=263725&#p263725
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

So:

1. Bannon was indicted in August 2022, for the wall scheme.

2. This defendant was indicted in March 2023, for the business records.

3. ?

4. CONSPIRACY!!!1!

There are only so many judges to go around. The probability of the cases of any two defendants being assigned to the same judge is low, but more than zero.
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

sterngard friegen wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:20 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Flatpoint, can you please "gift" us access. I canceled my NYT subscription after I got locked out and couldn't get back in. Thanks in advance.
Stern, I don't have subscription. I just followed the link. however, here is the link to the transcripts as posted to the ny court: https://pdfs.nycourts.gov/PeopleVs.DTru ... anscripts/.
I followed this link from USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 415229007/
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

andersweinstein wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 pm May 21 transcript from NYT (direct link)
Works.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://x.com/frankrunyeon/status/1793737082005061877
Frank G. Runyeon
@frankrunyeon
Dear Press Colleagues & Inquiring Public:

The
@Law360
Trump Digital Docket is up to date with all the filings, exhibits & transcripts (PDFs) for your research needs.📰🖥️🔊*

Reminder: This is the only digital case file for People of v. Donald J. Trump.
https://law360.com/newyork-vs-trump-tracker
The Law360 docket has a number of submissions and decisions that might not be available elsewhere.
sterngard friegen

Thanks to everyone for getting the transcripts. The exhibits for the last day of the cross of Costello were only posted today by the Supreme Court. The emails were devastating, and Costello committed perjury three or four times on the last day of cross.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Can you expand? I agree that the cross was devastating but where do you think Costello committed perjury?
sterngard friegen

SuzieC wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:46 pm Can you expand? I agree that the cross was devastating but where do you think Costello committed perjury?
You want to put an old man to work? Go to the second day of Costello's cross examination. He is asked a series of questions as to which he denies the facts and then is impeached with an email he sent which demonstrates the facts were true. Repeatedly. It's quite amazing.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

My fave was the "You weren't working for Mr. Cohen and his best interests, where you, Mr. C?" Cue email in which Costello chats about how they can keep Cohen in line with "the most powerful person on the planet."

On another note, the fact that Costello was emailing various people about what Cohen was saying was wild.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”